Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211086 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After an eternity of grinding (not that bad actually) i researched the Tiger H, only to find out that i am 600k short on money, i could get it if i sell the vk3601H or perhaps some of my tier5, but i bet the grinding to get a decent gun on the Tiger its going to be hell, so i dont really want to do it. Any one had Tiger? Any toughts?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It's a horrible pain and will cost you much money and nerves, so stick with the 3601 if you can, grind up some free xp and try and jump into the tiger with atleast the turret unlocked.

Leave the tracks for last since you don't need the extra load capacity and the xp is better used for the gun/turret/engine upgrades, after that it becomes a pretty good sniper/support heavy :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tiger... well, it isn't that great stock. Now don't get me wrong; it's not as bad as some people say it is, especially if you've went through the effort of getting the final engines on the VK3601. But on the other hand, it doesn't gain much power as you upgrade it. It starts out "meh" and ends up "hmm".

My advice is completely reliant on whether you liked the VK3601 or not. If you see yourself driving it a lot, then grind out the credits. However, if you are like me, sell it. I found the VK3601 to be a great well-rounded tank... but well-rounded tanks feel kind of boring, you know? Anyway, thats all I can say.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

7.2 is out with the American line refresh and new skill system.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are the new US tanks and TDs any good?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cant speak for the TDs, but people are loving the new T10 heavy.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile

"unable to connect to the network"

...at least the launcher looks okay...
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cant speak for the TDs, but people are loving the new T10 heavy.

Ah Rexy, haven't played with you for ages. I took a month break I think.

What's the US tanks' pros and cons? I am interested in T30, by the way, is it any good for a Tier 9?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi, buri, I can't really play anymore :( If you see me online, chances are someone else is playing my account. As for the T30, I could pull something out of thin air based on what I've heard of it (Its a good tier 9, but it is a heavy in a TD tree...), but I haven't been able to play for a good couple weeks now.

New internet is satellite based; didn't read the fine print and notice that means ~1.2sec travel time to the satellite and back (translates to about 1200 ping in-game... makes most online games unplayable :()

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The new T34 was wierd at first, then it started printing money.

Damn it feels good to play and not worry about breaking even or making money or anything but murdering the thing in your reticle :>

M103 is a bit wierd but not that bad.

Also:

Victory!
Battle: Karelia 1. travnja 2012. 0:28:49
Vehicle: M103
Experience received: 1.319
Credits received: 48.425
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker

:D
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rex_Nex, awh man that's no good. Are you in a contract with this satellite-based ISP?

Jopax, well done! What are these Mastery Badges? I have got some but I couldn't explain what triggered them...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:41:59 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

EU got it's KT changed that way, looks mighty fine actually :)

And the 1st jokes show no sign of stopping, now we have pink camo, katyushas and panzerwherfers and stuff.

Plus the constant stream of random messages you get in your garage screen, some are quite funny, but first you have to realize the game isn't just fucking with you or you got a warning or whatever, something it took me quite a bit of time to catch on to X)

And the mastery badges work collecting weekly statistics I think on all tanks, then comparing any given tank you play (M103 in this case) with the match results of the other tanks. You have four levels, if you are better than 50% of the players with that tank you get the fourth level mastery badge, 80% gets you a level three one, 95% is level two and if you perform better than 99% then you get the Ace tanker badge.
These are displayed by your tanks in the statistics screen and are reset every week I think.
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So looks like they are still aiming for a end of April release for the Soviet heavy changes. (So probably about late may har har har)

Will probably keep the KV-2, KV-3 and replacement not sure about; will probably have a lot of things to think about when it comes to the Soviet heavy lines!

Not to mention I'd actually have a second tier 7, the idea is Madness, MADNESS I SAY.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:58:54 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Hmm, so what's the game up to?  I haven't poked on in a while, it's sometimes a difficult game for me to enjoy.  Especially with the in-game money troubles, my arty fires a solid grand every time I pull the trigger!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 251