Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210864 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Have fun! Though I'd advice against going for the T-34. One of the tanks in that line is the A-20 (If I remember correctly) which is, imo, the worst tank in the game.

The A-20 isn't used for combat. If you've noticed how fast it can go, it can pretty much be considered a scout tank. Radio and engine is a must when playing this tank.

The M3 Lee and the Premium Churchhill are even worse.

The Churchill isn't used for offensive combat. Because of it's top speed(28 km/h), it is best used more for defensive combat, as it has more armor than any other light tank up to its' tier.

For the M3 Lee, it is more used for defence, because of its' TD-style gun carrige, but it has the potential for offence because it can be used as a sniper.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some wiki browsing and I find myself liking the look of SPGs and medium tanks. Can't really decide between USSR or Germany.

If you want accuracy and good rate of fire, German SPG's is the way to go, or if you want heavy splash damage and get 2 tanks with 1 shell, Soviet SPG's. I play an SU-5, which is a Soviet Arty, and I loved that line so far.

For meds, it's kinda hard to pick, as I have never went down the med tank line.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

I heard German meds are terrible until very late Tier. Don't know about Soviet but the I can tell from experience that American meds are wonderful once you get to the Shermans.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The Germans are quite fun, but it tends to vary, the new Panther is quite nice, the DB was always awesome, 3601H is still one of the best t6 mediums out there and the P2 is a very nice tank that can fit a few roles as needed and in the right hands is quite a nasty thing.

And arty makes quite a big switch come T8, the ruskies go for insane accuracy and RoF while the jerries go for big single damage splash murder fest with the E series SPG.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone know what the sniper cannon is for the PzK 4?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a promo code for the premium t2 light tank. This thing is hilariously fast. 71km is the max speed on good ground, 55 is on normal. I just circled half a team while the rest of my team was fighting the other half of their team, just locking on and shooting. Managed to destroy three tanks.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The A-20 isn't used for combat. If you've noticed how fast it can go, it can pretty much be considered a scout tank. Radio and engine is a must when playing this tank.
Unfortunately the A-20 is a terrible scout. It has a awesome top speed, but as soon as you try to make a turn you're going to lose 30km/h. It's pretty much inferior to the T-50.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, i've been playing this for a good three hours now, its quite cool. Soviet tanks are fun, if a little underclassed i think :P
Soviet tanks are fun, if a little underclassed i think
Soviet tanks underclassed
underclassed
Play with a tiger (Tier7) against a KV3(Tier6) and say that again.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Man, that was fun. Played an hour or so last night and even got a kill (a leichtraktor sitting in the middle of the park in Himmelsdorf that failed to realise there were side entrances). Saving up for the SU-18 because I feel liking having a go with an SPG.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my defense, i'm still on soviet light tanks which seem to be outgunned by everyone
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Well to be fair, except for the "Scout line" light tanks, light tanks in general are pretty horrible. (Unless you enjoy being completely useless except for scouting and I HATE HATE HATE scouting.)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most scouts barely help the team unless the arty has 750-1000m range (no idea which, if any have that much), most scouters just rush forward without waiting for arty to be either in range or ready to fire at all.

They just rush forward and get some exp, whereas getting exp AND a win would be more important.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most scouts barely help the team unless the arty has 750-1000m range (no idea which, if any have that much), most scouters just rush forward without waiting for arty to be either in range or ready to fire at all.

They just rush forward and get some exp, whereas getting exp AND a win would be more important.

2/3 of the Tier 4 Arty, and all Tier 5, 6, 7, and 8 arty have enough range to fire from one corner of the map to the other on any map.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2/3 of the Tier 4 Arty, and all Tier 5, 6, 7, and 8 arty have enough range to fire from one corner of the map to the other on any map.

Ah, good to know, thanks.

Doesn't help the fact that they need quite some time to shoot the enemy one-by-one, even with instant kills, so they -with some luck- get 2 kills, preferably the other side's arty, within the time the scout shows the enemies.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Been having fun with my Panzer II, SU-18 and Panzerjager 1. Just saving up the XP for the SU-26 and Marder II, as well as the credits to buy them and the Panzer III (~50,000 each!!!). I seem to be doing best with the SU-18, so I'll likely buy the SU-26 next.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 251