Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210874 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To me the KV is the definition of overpowered. :D

I have a KV right now... I like it, especially how I get a decent amount of exp and creds... I might be doing it bad, using the 122mm (HE / HEAT ammo only) which does some respectable damage to all enemies, but I constantly get up against groups of PzIVs if I'm not forced to fight the enemy's Tiger II or T29.

The worst part of the KV is prob the fact that arty and most TDs aim for me because I'm a big, slow target.

Other than that, I'm levelling a SU-26, an M3 Lee, an LTraktor and the new T-50.

The game's kinda well balanced though. (Except the T-50-2 by what I've seen, the thing is almost unhittable)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

To me the KV is the definition of overpowered. :D

I have a KV right now... I like it, especially how I get a decent amount of exp and creds... I might be doing it bad, using the 122mm (HE / HEAT ammo only) which does some respectable damage to all enemies, but I constantly get up against groups of PzIVs if I'm not forced to fight the enemy's Tiger II or T29.

The worst part of the KV is prob the fact that arty and most TDs aim for me because I'm a big, slow target.

Other than that, I'm levelling a SU-26, an M3 Lee, an LTraktor and the new T-50.

The game's kinda well balanced though. (Except the T-50-2 by what I've seen, the thing is almost unhittable)

That, and the turret rotation is pretty slow, meaning light tanks can get behind you and kill you real quick.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or even mediums :P

The KV is indeed quite an arty target. Why it might not seem like it at tier 5, in games where you are one of the weakest tanks in the match and t6+ arties are in the game, your armor is no better then a leos. Most t6 arties have about 80 pen. The KV has 75 or less armor pretty much everywhere. That spells bad news for a KV :x, you'll be getting hit for 1200+ damage.

Also, go for the 107mm. It might not be as exciting as derping, but I can assure you that you are much more effective overall.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or even mediums :P

The KV is indeed quite an arty target. Why it might not seem like it at tier 5, in games where you are one of the weakest tanks in the match and t6+ arties are in the game, your armor is no better then a leos. Most t6 arties have about 80 pen. The KV has 75 or less armor pretty much everywhere. That spells bad news for a KV :x, you'll be getting hit for 1200+ damage.

Also, go for the 107mm. It might not be as exciting as derping, but I can assure you that you are much more effective overall.

Yeh, I'm going for that, but to get a real amount of exp -needed for 107mm- I had to get a better gun so I got the 122mm, at least I can do some dmg to all enemies. (I loved the PzIV that decided to turn and run from me with 76% hp.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile

Gave the game a try, must say, lotsa fun at first.

Then after T1,T2 I started wishing there where "Same tier only" games... there aren't right? I hope there are, then I would keep playing this ;)

I kinda feel like I'm only there to give the higher tier tanks something more to shoot at till a real opponent shows up.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but why not a same tier only gametype? *shrugs*
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:47:01 am by Sinned »
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but why not a same tier only gametype? *shrugs*

Because there's not enough people in the lobby waiting for a game.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Even if your tank is outclassed by your opponents there are things you can do in a battle to credit the team and be awarded experience for.

One, if you have an agile tank is to scout. If your are the first to spot an enemy tank then you are awarded experience. That is why many light tank pilots often rush the enemy base to ping as many targets as possible for artillery shelling and earn a hefty sum of experience.

Another option is to try and outmaneuver the opposing battle line and strike at artillery emplacements. Taking out hostile artillery is a good way to seal victory for your team and get some kills as a sub-par tank. Artillery SPGs have light armor that anyone can penetrate so you just have to be weary of their powerful guns.

Sticking with the main battle line is also an option as you gain experience for time survived in the enemies field of fire. As long as you don't attract the enemies attention by bouncing shot off their frontal armor you can gain plenty of experience for capturing the enemy base together with your team. Take pot shots at distracted opponents and hope for a critical hit as those are also rewarded. If you see an enemy turn his turret in your direction, hide behind your buddies. The time your opponents waste on trying to score a kill on the easy target that you represent is arguably your contribution to overall victory ;) .

I learned all this by playing in a platoon with my friends that owned tanks several tiers above mine.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think one of my biggest peeves is seeing people get turned off to the game while playing lights.

For heavens sake, if you want to have a good first impression with WoT, do not go down a line that requires you to get a tier 4 light. They are put into matches as high as tier 9. A tier 4 medium, on the other hand, won't see anything higher then a tier 7.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A tier 4 medium, on the other hand, won't see anything higher then a tier 7.

Not quite. With the Matchmaker still messed up, it's still possible to get into a T9 match.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Finally got around to joining this, currently downloading the installer (4-6 hours, it seems). Been eying the Soviet tanks, if only for the T-34, although the tank destroyers look kinda fun.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have fun! Though I'd advice against going for the T-34. One of the tanks in that line is the A-20 (If I remember correctly) which is, imo, the worst tank in the game.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A tier 4 medium, on the other hand, won't see anything higher then a tier 7.

Not quite. With the Matchmaker still messed up, it's still possible to get into a T9 match.

The matchmaker is not messed up. There is rules as to how tough of a match you can be put into.

As you can see in the chart, T4 Med stops at T7.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Tier is essentially what tier the top tank in the game can be. Tiers 11/12 indicate multiple T10s or T8 Arty.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, i've been playing this for a good three hours now, its quite cool. Soviet tanks are fun, if a little underclassed i think :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Have fun! Though I'd advice against going for the T-34. One of the tanks in that line is the A-20 (If I remember correctly) which is, imo, the worst tank in the game.

m3 lee and  the premium churchhill are worse.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Some wiki browsing and I find myself liking the look of SPGs and medium tanks. Can't really decide between USSR or Germany.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 251