Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210597 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: Multiplayer FREE-to-Play Tank Simulation
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 03:57:23 am »

It's not that hard if you are good with them, and i have premium so it's not really a problem, only times  i loose money is when i fail to do absolutley anything, usually i make several thousands of credits even on a loss.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:14 am »

Hetzer sucks so bad. It is slow and cannot mount a gun that can reliably penetrate the heavies. Get 105mm gun then it'll suck less but still suck. I killed more in my shorter career on Marder II than my long grind on Hetzer (still going!). Marder II often would be placed in a game that has lights and mediums, making it easy kill for me.

I noticed something slightly similar with the BT-7 and the A-20. I don't know for sure, since I didn't spend ALL that much time with the BT-7, but my damage taken/given ratio is much better in the BT-7 than it is in the A-20, even with the A-20 nearly fully upgraded. (Just working on the radio and one last gun that I don't really intend to use, just getting it for Elite.) I love the A-20, and it's speed, but I think, once i get it upgraded, I might actually save up and buy a BT-7 again to give it some more time on the field.

Now, I'm just now starting to learn how to play light tanks. So those results could have been a fluke, or good luck. I'm actually playing them more as scouts now than as a participant in battle. I'll find a good place to hide off to the side and just let the enemy roll on by me as I reveal their positions to the heavies and arty behind me. Once things mix up a bit and the battle line is lost, I go looking for targets of opportunity and any surviving scouts. Even with this strategy, bad luck kills me quickly and often, but not quite as quickly as it had been. Also getting better at remembering to leave myself an escape route, since that's my only real defense, to duck behind something else.

I WAS looking forward (after a long grind) to getting to the T-34 and finally having a medium, but I've been considering getting some decent xp built up and then converted so I can grab a marder II with a decent gun. I've not heard anything bad about them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:23:35 am by sluissa »

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2010, 08:17:34 am »

Damn, it's great seeing your tactics put to use and deciding the outcome of the game. Here's what happened: While the game was starting someone asked for tactics and I suggested flanking to the south. We all proceeded to head south and we simply steam rolled them, killing their entire army with four losses.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 12:12:57 pm »

Well most matches are lost because everyone just goes off on their own doing their crazy plan, if you do however manage to convince the entire team to follow a certain plan it will almost always succed, especially rewarding are those unbalanced matches where they loose simply because they were too stupid to stay togheter and instead come at you one by one dying to focused fire :D
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »

Fun as hell game. Same basic premise as Navyfield but as of now, much more entertaining.

Edit:Username: Rilder
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:45:25 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2010, 03:32:38 pm »

My ingame name is the same as here but I'm usually found in a platoon with my friends, trying to get enough XP together for that S51. That thing costs more then a KV3 and then a fully kitted out IS...
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2010, 09:48:27 pm »

Bumming around in a BT-2... man that thing can book it... even though it is a bitch to turn and blows up at the slightest provocation..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:56:00 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2010, 10:10:38 pm »

Fun as hell game. Same basic premise as Navyfield but as of now, much more entertaining.

Edit:Username: Rilder
I saw you today. Even shouted at you "blood for the blood god! strike the earth!" and stuff...

Username is Puck, btw, lets get some b12 platoons going.

Oh btw, any tips on which nationality to stick to for certain classes? Balance, shmalance, I bet every country does something best. So far I'm grinding the allied arties, but I'm not sure thats a good idea. I guess I want one of everything; TD, light, medium, heavy and arty.

Oh, and something else... when you get to a higher tier and want to sell the old stuff... do you really lose the crew? I tried sending them to the barracks and sticking them into the new vehicle... but... it seems I have to "retrain" them, making them lose all their experience? Or do I just need to be a bit more patient and let them learn on their own?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2010, 10:42:05 pm »

Yeah I shouted back a bunch of dwarf fortress related stuff then blew you up with an artillery attack. :P

I have no idea as far as min-maxing nationality-classes go I'm just going with whatever looks coolest at this point.

Currently:

German Panzer 2 and Panzerjager I(TD)
Russian BT-2
American T57 (Arty)

I've surprisingly enjoyed the PZII with the Flak gun on it.. caused a bit of damage with that thing...

Edit: We should create a Bay12 chat channel
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:48:03 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2010, 12:24:15 am »

Oh, for the record, I'm Urist ingame.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2010, 01:09:50 am »

I managed to fully upgrade my Leopard. I don't usually kill, but I earn XP and cash from scouting. Still, I had more fun on Luchs because I was the king of the battlefield among the Lights. Now I'm just a bait for the Heavies on my Leopard.

Also, Hetzer does not suck that bad. It's good once you mount 105mm HE on it. My problem with it is survivability; the side and rear armors are nearly non-existence (at a value of 20??). I'm 75% to getting a StuGIII, though. :)

We have a Bay 12 channel. The name of the channel is "Bay 12".  :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Yalishandaw

• Bay Watcher
  • Thanks I could help, bro.
    • View Profile

As others have said, the German Luchs(light tank) and Marder(tank destroyer) are good.  Also, on your way to a Luchs, you can pick up a Wespe(arty) for a scant 1005 xp(might actually be a bit higher).  I'm pretty sure all into arty sucks(I know the Russian is a long grind), and this lets you skip around that.  FYI, not much of this is from personal experience, and I'm mostly interested in low-tier stuff.  If anyone else has corrections/additions ect, shout 'em out.

Edit: The Valentine is hands down best for getting cash, in my experience

Edit the second: Just got my hands on a Wespe, it kicks ass(usually doesn't take names due to distance)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:44:50 am by Yalishandaw »
My avatar is Basil the Minotaur.  Go read Gunnerkrigg Court.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, the German tree is a hell of a lot more friendly. I hadn't even really given it a good look. I kind of regret putting so much into the russian one now. Still, the T-34 has a place in my heart and I'd really like to at least get up to it.

EDIT: Speaking of NavyField. I'd spent so much time playing that and having to sit through games after I died early, I didn't even think until recently of leaving a battle after I die. If it's not interesting, I'll hit escape and just leave the battle. The tank is stuck there until the battle ends, but if you have other tanks, you can jump right into another one. Just in case someone wasn't aware.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:11:35 am by sluissa »

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep getting murdered by Artillery as soon as I seen an enemy tank.  >:(

Anyways, name is Deadbeard. I only run the Russian Tanks.

And the Valentine is crap. The best thing you can do is sell it right off and get the 200000 coins for it.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Most people think the premium tanks are crap, but they have their use, they are there to fight everything below them insanely well, the Churchill for example is insanely well for anything up to and including tier 5, since it has nice armor and health and very nice ROF with decent damage and penetration which lets him make minced meat out of anything that crosses it, even got me a top gun once :)
Anyway, almost got the Ferd, need another 200k or so credits, can't freaking wait
AS - IG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 251