Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210615 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

The entire event was x5 xp, not just the weekend...
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what bugs me. People are saying its okay to have paid tanks that are just slightly better versions of the tech tree tanks. That's pretty shitty balance imho, premium tanks should be the same or worse than normal tanks.
Well premium tanks were worse at first because they were balanced around having premium matchmaking KV-5 being a poster boy for it here. A tank with great armor with weakspots you have to plan around and a gun with sub par penetration. Hell it was literally a tier 6 gun on a tier 8 heavy.

Of course the tanks being better than their tech tree counterparts is dickery but not nearly gaijin grade dickery. (god i hate them. Look at the T-35 in war thunder. It's a land cruiser with a BR of 1.3 that usually sees german tanks armed with 20 mm cannons).

Also the premium T-34 is asignal for the polish community that they won't get their tank tree
Rudy was a no brainer pick for a polish premium but now that it's in the soviet tree those dreams are officially shattered.
Probably for the better tho.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also Rudy crew talking in russian. Tis a travesty i say!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:06:05 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

I got the ELC AMX. It's fast, tiny, and has a really REALLY big gun. I like!

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was feeling nostalgic and downloaded this again. I don't remember half of the maps, which means I'm nearly useless in my main SPG role right now. Walking circles around people while Flaking them is still as fun as ever though, if somewhat ineffective.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've acquired the tier 7 light WZ-131 after I noticed something interesting. See for yourself: comparison against T8 mediums with the same gun - make sure you select the top modules for all tanks.

Basically its a tier 8 medium with no armor(who cares), 3/4 hitpoints but best acceleration, speed, camo, camo at move and it actually has MUCH higher DPM value when using the 85 mm gun. I like humiliating tier 10s with it...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the 131 is really good, especially after it was just buffed. It, the Bulldog, and the T71 are all nice tanks. WZ-132 is decent too, but I think the RU251 and T54 Light are better in T8.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I dont think I'm going to get the WZ-132. It seems to be pretty much the same tank(a bit heavier actually) with marginally better weapon options but a tier higher. I guess 131's counterparts, gameplay and performance wise, at tier 8 are the T-54LT and RU 251.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as i'm concerned WZ-132 was rendered obsolete by the RU and Light T-54. The both do the exact same thing only with more speed and DPM so why even bother with the WZ-132 unless you want a WZ-120 or 121.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going for WZ-120 via T-34-2(which is a bad tank). Maybe the 121 if it gets buffed at some point. But I'm not in a hurry, I refuse to play stock tanks so I need to grind a mountain of free XP for the guns and turret. Before the WZ-120 I intend to unlock Pershing's top gun and start actually start playing it once I get the 7k still missing. Its been sitting in my garage for 6 months soon without a single battle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The 121 is a pretty strong tank, the problem is that it's not flexible like the other T10 mediums, which makes it really hard to play at times unless you know what you're doing. Plus any shitty terrain is just bad news since you have pretty much zero gun depression.

The 120 is a pretty decent T54 clone, but you need an annoying amount of XP to get it there. It does help if you went down the heavy line to atleast T8 and got the 110's top gun, but there's another problem with grinding a stupid amount of XP with a t8 heavy that has 175mm's of pen on an innacurate gun.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont mind the gun depression much - I have plenty of tanks with -5 depression plus the T-34-3 with -3. What I mind is the inaccuracy and aiming time which makes those tanks much less able to snapshot and shoot on the move. Something that lets tanks like Obj 140, T-62, Leopard etc. to score like 3 hits a game in average on moving targets with little to no risk of return fire. Or to move to firing position undetected, shoot and be already on the way to cover before the enemy gets to react.

All my favorite tanks are indeed very flexible which is why I think I'll just keep the WZ-120 once I get to it. With the 100 mm gun it should be more or less similar to T-54(it has more turret armor, but is probably slightly worse thanks to aiming time), with the BFG option that changes the whole vehicle.

I'll possibly do the same with M46 as M48 is apparently crap.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The M48 is decent. It's biggest flaw is that isn't as good as whatever the top tier meta mediums are (which for the longest time have been the Russian mediums and the Batchat). It's pretty flexible as far as tanks go with a jack-of-all-trades approach with decent armour, mobility and firepower, while sporting a pretty good viewrange. It just isn't as carry-hard as the others.

Plus, its armour should recieve a nice buff once it gets switched to HD in 9.8, making it somewhat closer to the troll level of T110E5.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly decent isn't enough, not when often there is no option but to either engage heavies head-on while dodging artillery fire or hide and be useless. Not quite fast enough, not quite accurate enough, not quite armored enough and its huge in size.

I hope the HD model will improve protection enough for it to become viable again.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its happened again: after a game, PM window pops up and someone starts toxic discussion on me being dirty gold using re-roll stats whore padder scumbag and whatnot. Many seem to think that to learn the basics of the game one needs to play 10k games and a good player below that is always a "re-roll".

Of course its perfectly typical for stat-padding seal-clubbing re-rolls like me to have total potato performance in tier Xs, the T-54, 2/3 of the low tiers, lots of gold tanks with low number of games and have tanks such as T-34-3, T-44, T20 and Leopard PT A in their most played tanks. Thats your "typical re-roll stats across the board" right?

http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/IskuP76_Erkki

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/IskuP76_Erkki/509821845/

Is that a f#cking reroll? Look at the graphs, 1000 WN8 at 1000 battles?

I wish it were possible to block PMs from everyone but friends... I'm seriously thinking about disabling the game chat for all the abuse I get. Everyone who is either bad or good enough seems to receive loads of it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:29:47 am by Erkki »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Well, some guy accused me of hacking because I used some kind of hack to steer his team's shots towards him. Seriously, don't blame me, blame the ELC for being so impossible to hit.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 251