Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210762 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

When is the hard-wipe? I've still got all my stuff.

Ssiissuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hard wipe upon release of the game, talk is end of February though I'm not certain if that'll hold. Today marks the start of open beta, anyone can join and play, not that the closed beta was anything approaching exclusive.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

anyone who was interested in the game mostly was already in the game before the supposed "open beta".

why it wasnt open beta the whole time with such retardedly easy to receive keys etc, i dont know.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Marketing. By making beta access some sort of privilege or prize, they get a lot of attention to it. Just read the huge chunk of this thread where people are asking for keys or looking for places offering them.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, they have been doing really good at marketing this game. And the game itself is awesome. Can't wait for release!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good games market themselves, I burnt myself out with this game and I cant bring myself to start again until the British tanks are finished.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I disagree. Without a proper marketing, even a great game would not receive the sales it deserves. Remember what happened to Black Isle Studio?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually I have no idea how they managed to fail, I think their games normally sold pretty well. I was quiet young at the time so I could be wrong.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

by the time they failed (forcibly closed), the whole studio, as in most of the talent and designers of their best games had already left.

so to say bad advertising was the cause is meh, having played planescape torment and sorta hating how complex it was with dialogue, i dont think advertising was their only issue.

but anyways, the most of the original dev team went off made a new company that still survives today, making dialogue rich rpg (alpha protocol)
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude you should edit that comment about planescape out before people read it!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the best Tier 7 (without Premium)? I am mentally preparing myself to play without Premium upon release. Please no KV-3 or SPGs though, they just doesn't suit my style.

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

The IS is nice though i haven't played it, the T-43 is probably the best medium compared to the other tanks of it's tier(except for the T-54)

PS. The KV-3 is tier6, if you meant you didn't want to through it, use the KV-1S? I just got it fully upgraded and it's pretty decent, can easily cruise along at 40km/h at flat terrain.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:07:47 am by Axil »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The JagdPanther is very nice in terms of money and xp, also the VK3601H is a great tank with some nice gun options and great survivabilty.Then there's the DB which is also nice and sturdy, also very fast and agile.From the russian TD's i'd say either go for the ISU or stay on the SU-100 since the 152 isn't all that great
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ssiissuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BuriBuri, in my experience the best tier seven heavy is the T29. Hull down means nothing when death comes from above, but for everything up to a tier nine a properly positioned T29 can be a nightmare to dislodge without artillery, charging, or flanking. The Tiger takes second for me as it is accurate at range and has a superior rate of fire compared to the other heavies, sadly it will not bounce any rounds. A Tiger is picked on by everyone due to the common knowledge that a Tiger lacks slopes, whereas an IS sitting beside the Tiger may bounce the round. The IS was a disappointment to me as I found that the KV-3 was a much less mobile version of the IS, played a tier earlier, with slightly better armour. In a KV-3 I felt on par with a Tiger. With the T29, I feel a tier higher.

I haven't played the Soviet medium tree, but between the American and German trees I would select the German tree, but only just. The Easy-Eight Sherman is a lot of fun to play with, much like the VK3601 with the squeeze-bore gun. The T20 just felt like a bit of a letdown to me after having played the VK3002DB; which is more enjoyable to play in turn than a Panther, in my opinion. The Soviet mediums look to be a lot of fun, frankly. The T-43 has always been a respectable opponent, and can be quite lethal in a dogfight.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the answers, all. Yes, I agree T29 has always the bane of my existence as a medium tanker. It usually put up much fight than a Tiger or IS when positioned correctly. T-43 is decent for its tier. I think I'll go for it and JadgPanther. If they implement US TDs, I would go M18 too. :D Gonna miss my Tier 8+, especially the OP-54... But I have to be realistic and play Tier 7s because I will not pay for this game.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 251