Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210666 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3555 on: October 21, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »

So this happened.

Well done! MT-25 isnt the easiest of tanks. My tier 6 scout, the Type 64, also has max dmg of 2400 or so, but that was a lost high tier game where my team died early so there were plenty of HP around to farm.  :P

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3556 on: October 21, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »

MT-25 is fun, however i still think it's worst t6 scout. Talking about t6s, yesterday I aced my new chaffee.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: October 22, 2014, 12:37:56 pm »

So  had a game in my ST-I it's a month old replay i didn't upload last month because i as away and since it's a (.2 replay i can't just link to WoTreplays.
Long story short it was one of my best games damage wise if not the best.
Anyway got pretty lucky in a stock ST-I and recked some tanks. Most well below my tier but still i consider scoring nearly 7k damage and 6 kills in a stock tank is something i can brag about.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:11:53 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: October 22, 2014, 12:46:43 pm »

So  had a game in my ST-I it's a month old replay i didn't upload last month because i as away and since it's a (.2 replay i can't just link to WoTreplays.
Long story short it was one of my best games damage wise if not the best.
Anyway got pretty lucky in a stock ST-I and recked some tanks. Most well below my tier but still i consider scoring nearly 7k damage and 6 kills in a stock tank is something i can brag about.

Absolutely, especially for a slow tank that cant be used to run down the survivors. You probably held a flank alone or with only a couple of friendly tanks against a lemmingtrain, right?  :)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: October 22, 2014, 01:15:29 pm »

Absolutely, especially for a slow tank that cant be used to run down the survivors. You probably held a flank alone or with only a couple of friendly tanks against a lemmingtrain, right?  :)

I forgot to actually put in the link in my last post.
So here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-3OVDbQ6U&list=UUtd2gX2z7AxtG9FbpAFqaPg
Self promotion below.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: October 22, 2014, 03:37:20 pm »

LOL. Yeah, theres also the driver hatch nobody tried to shoot, and those 3 guys in the mid-game could have just rushed you. 1 or 2 would have been able to pen you consistently.

I guess I also need to get that zoom-out mod, must be handy in Ruinberg, Kharkov etc.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: October 22, 2014, 04:08:19 pm »

They did shoot the drivers hatch but their tier 8 guns with 225 pen just bounced off the angled 200 mm. The only places they could reliably shoot was my turret front (170 mm unangled when i look at them) Rangefinder (A cist on the left turret cheek that's also 170 but spherical) and 2 hatches on top (no idea how thick but pretty thin probably around 120 effective armor overall).

But all they shot was the hull with the exeption of teh WT who shot the turret ring... but magic happened.
Self promotion below.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: October 22, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

Wait, isn't the whole roof the ST-I stock turret a weakspot because 120+mm just overmatches into it just like for the IS3?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: October 22, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »

Wait, isn't the whole roof the ST-I stock turret a weakspot because 120+mm just overmatches into it just like for the IS3?
Yeah but ST-I is a fair bit taller than a IS-3 so the roof is a less common weakspot.
Self promotion below.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: October 23, 2014, 08:23:11 pm »

I just had a spotting game with the T37 that was simply amazing. It was that map with the river running between the two bases and hills near both sides, and all but two TDs and me went to the other side. Through spotting, I helped the TDs and arty take down 6 tanks while taking no casualties on my side. I also got 1267 of XP afterwards, partly from 1.7k spotting damage and partly from 1.9k damage that I did personally.

This tanks looks like it will be very fun to play.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: November 02, 2014, 04:17:46 pm »

Welp finished off the mystery mayhem for the T14 which is nice. I can't speak on the quality of it yet, but eh might be a fun lil tank, I always liked the look of the T14. XD

Game of course trolled me at the end with losses and a run away win that I couldn't get any kills on.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: November 02, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »

Try not to rely on the frontal armor much. The turret is actually quite strong and the sides (at least the lower sides, where the skirt and tracks are) are pretty well armored, but otherwise you're going to have a hard time getting more than 90-100mm armor even when angling right. Another problem is that HE damage is calculated by nominal armor, not effective armor, so when a Sherman fires a 105mm HE round at you you're only going to reduce the damage as if your armor was only 50mm thick, since it doesnt care how well sloped that 50mm is. Gun is also a bit anemic, it's the Lee's gun.

...but it's a T5 heavy with a lot of HP, preferential matchmaking, good mobility in a straight line, and good gun depression + turret armor + side armor for hulldown/sidescrape shenanigans, so it's hard to go wrong.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: November 02, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »

Speaking of american T5 heavy tanks... any idea how to play T1 heavy?
My god i can't make this thing work. The sides are too weak to sidescrape or angle the frontal armor. The only good thing about it is the turret and even that is not that well armores as most T5 tanks will go right through it unless i angle it like a Maus or E100... and that's kinda counterintuitive since it has a rather rapid fireing gun.

Oh and good luck finding a good hulldown spot since this thing is so freakishly tall!
Self promotion below.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: November 02, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »

Its a brutish heavy. It's a really good rammer and has pretty nice DPM and front armor. You just sorta roll into meds and lower tiers and burn them away and things work out. Against heavies and higher tiers, you take advantage of the gun depression and try to hide the hull, peeking out when they are distracted. Yeah, they can pen the turret, but the point is more not to make yourself a massive, unmissable target.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: November 14, 2014, 07:35:11 pm »

One of my bud keeps pushing me into this game, but I find the lower tiers to be no fun at all.

First of all, he reccomends the American med/heavy line.  However, the first couple tanks just seem like cash-ins you are supposed to skip with money or waste tons of time in (Like every line really).  The tier 2 is barely a medium tank, with just slightly better armor than the equivalent light and basically nothing else.  Not like the armor really matters.  Then the tier 3 is basically a bad version of one of the turreted TDs, and gets matched into tier 5 matches where a real scout tank would be a better choice.  Then the M3 Lee.

Almost half the people just go around spamming autocannons for free kills.  Makes going single shot seem silly if you can get quadruple the results by spraying and praying.

Armor means basically nothing.  Angle it all I want, I'm still dead in three-four shots.  Thickness doesn't matter either since everyone gets gold rounds to negate it.  Meanwhile the 3-4 random number generators for firing continue to make my gun do jack.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 251