Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210665 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3540 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »

Might be the worst T8 medium, but certainly not the worst T8 tank. Not while we have delectably bad tanks like the T28 in that tier. With that said, the 34-2 is just a bad version of the Type 59.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3541 on: October 06, 2014, 01:20:01 pm »

Might be the worst T8 medium, but certainly not the worst T8 tank. Not while we have delectably bad tanks like the T28 in that tier. With that said, the 34-2 is just a bad version of the Type 59.

I dont think its the worst: T-34-2 is about the same as T-34-3 or Type 59(smaller but lower ROF than 34-3 with the 122 mm, worse armor than 59 with the 100 mm) but it meets tier X. Then theres the Panther 2, and all the ones that arent mediums, like you said.  :)

Judging by that small sample of games I've played with it I dont think its entirely bad, even if only because of the special MM. It seems to work pretty well in T8 games as long as it doesnt have to snipe and there aren't too many heavies it has to face in a corridor.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: October 06, 2014, 03:30:33 pm »

I think the 3 might get some sort of buff in the near future.

Also why on earth would you play the 2 with the 122?? It's like playing the T-44 with the 122. It's plain stupid is what it is. You trade off extra accuracy, rof, gun depression and aimtime (and penetration in case of the T-34-2), all for an extra 140 damage per shot which doesn't even matter because it murders your DPM so badly that you can't really call it an improvement at all.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: October 06, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »

On that note, is there any merit to switching to the 100mm gun on the kv-3?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: October 06, 2014, 11:06:50 pm »

I think the 3 might get some sort of buff in the near future.

Also why on earth would you play the 2 with the 122?? It's like playing the T-44 with the 122. It's plain stupid is what it is. You trade off extra accuracy, rof, gun depression and aimtime (and penetration in case of the T-34-2), all for an extra 140 damage per shot which doesn't even matter because it murders your DPM so badly that you can't really call it an improvement at all.

Yeah from what I read, there should be buffs to aim time, accuracy and reload time in 9.4. The reload time reduction was about a second or so which sounds good to me. As for the 122 and T-34-2... I dont know. I'll be using the 100 mm gun too. However, there apparentky has been discussion on it before and some very good players including Garbad have concluded that unlike for T-44, the 122 mm gun is the way to go for 34-2. I'm not sure why as I havent read those discussions.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: October 07, 2014, 12:51:43 am »

On that note, is there any merit to switching to the 100mm gun on the kv-3?

Nope

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: October 07, 2014, 05:24:22 am »

Finished the 50 wins Chaffee race mission finally, good bit of fun, of course since my loader was selected for accelerated crew training he promptly got boosted halfway into his second skill, probably would of been more useful to do shenanigans to get the commander or someone to get that, but oh well.  Still the rest are 96% towards maxing the first skill so its a good way to start up a crew for the US lights.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:51 am »

I didn't get too much racing in. It was cool for two matches, then I got bored. 50?! No way!

To be fair, I only played a couple of matches in each of the silly modes, and I think all three were reasonably fun.

Anyway, I repurchased the Panther because some people wanted me to try it again and oh god, why. It isn't the worst experience I've ever had, but there's something about a slow, large, camoless tank with terrible alpha and below average DPM and bad module damage and mediocre armor and asklmdlas

I could probably complain for a long time, haha. I was expecting the firepower to suck, but I thought it'd accurately suck. Of course it never went through my head that with iffy acc on movement/hull traverse and no choice of vstab, accuracy isn't really a thing. High pen is nice, but it does almost nothing for its performance - it just means I can use AP more often and save some credits.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: October 07, 2014, 12:36:03 pm »

I actually rather enjoy the Panther, one of the few tier 7 mediums that has actually clicked with me enough to actually keep in the garage past elition. I can't speak unicum why I think its good but I guess its the gun that I can trust to get shells where I need them. (especially as someone who almost never uses gold) Plus I find the mobility on it quite comfortable especially coupled with the success I've had being brutish and aggressive with it.

Edit: Panther is my 5th most played tank as well, definitely one of those enjoyable tanks I just like to drive occasionally.

Maybe it's just the fact that the Panther was what rescued me from the horrors of the Tiger I, ragequitting that and going the Panther instead is one of the best decisions I've ever made. (Made before they broke the link from the 3601 to the Panther)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:11:17 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »

The Panther? Aaargh, just no. I've played worse tanks(dont remind me of KV-13), but the tiny damage/shot limits it so much. Unless it gets a buff I wont be buying it back. On the pro side, it has such a high penetration that APCR/premium shells aren't needed, and at least it has a good top speed.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: October 07, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

I always liked the Panther. Aside from it looking hella good I can't exactly say why though. I bought it atleast four times now, every time I buy it, play it for a couple of months then get bored and sell it when I get short on cash, before wanting to play it again after a while.

I also for the life of me cannot figure out how do I have an almost 60% (58-9 iirc) WR with it.

Then again, most of my mid to high tier german tanks have strangely high WR's with the only real exception being the Ferdi, but that's mostly because it's one of my first T8 tanks ever.
AS - IG

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: October 21, 2014, 09:37:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A while ago, got bored with ELC and sold it. Pondered a while, to return to arty or take TD route with french. Decided to save some money and dusted off the old 38, keeping ELC crewmembers.

This game today is just the peak of the iceberg; I've had sooo much fun with this little T3 'minimaus'. Probably also due T3 general lack of skill, tho.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: October 21, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

So much XP that needs to be played to unlock Leopard PT A modules. Used all the 60k XP I had ground without converting to get the best gun. :(

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: October 21, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

So much XP that needs to be played to unlock Leopard PT A modules. Used all the 60k XP I had ground without converting to get the best gun. :(

Well the greatest weapon in war is the olive branch.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 251