Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210770 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here. Seriously, don't people read the announcements on the game launcher?

I meant the "you keep 70% of your exp part"

Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile

Don't see anyone on the US servers these days...perhaps I should've gone to the Euro servers.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:13:40 pm by TwilightWalker »

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

I haven't played in a long time. I enjoyed it, but I didn't want to get all burned out on it before it was actually released. I have 15,000 gold just waiting to be spent before it's all taken away.

Have yet to try any American tanks, but I did buy the Ram-II because it looks like a pretty cool premium tank. Hopefully I'll have a chance to play with it soon.

After glancing through the forums, I'm guessing Russian tanks are the fast ones with big guns, German tanks are heavily armored with accurate / sometimes higher penetration guns, and American tanks are ... cheap to repair? Or is it actually tank-by-tank at this point and not just nation-wide?

I can't wait to see how they decide to implement the American TD tree, if they ever do.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Russians are not that much faster except for some anomalies like the IS-7 and the T54 but have high damage guns and the best armor structure in the game(except for the cardboard mantlets on their high tier tanks). Their downside is that they suck a lot more when not upgraded.

Germans are more accurate but less damaging and what they lack in intelligent armor design they make up for with having more of it then anyone else. The very steep dropoff of AP effectiveness, the spotting bugs and the general scale of the game all nullify these advantages, leading to the forums thinking the russians are overpowered.

Americans have slightly worse guns, ungodly turret armor but styrofoam hulls. They are good at camping, which, due all the bugs mentioned above along with the scoring, repair costs, map layout and objectives is by far the dominant tactic in the game, and everybody utterly despises them for it. And since people test their stats by a 1v1 dogfight on the field of campinovka, they are also seen as woefully underpowered. On top of that, they suffer from not having their full tech tree yet and most of their mid tier is missing the highest gun upgrade.

Worth noting that the most fun tier(2-3) has the best tanks being a german TD, a german premium tank and an american artillery sharing it with a russian artillery that's a tier higher.

And stay in tier 2-3. The quintuple xp days gave everybody at least reasonably close to tier 8 their top tanks so the moment you step out of the newb bracket, you will be relentlessly matched against fully pimped vehicles of the highest theoretical tier you could fight. I ended up selling my KV and KV3 on account of facing an IS-4 every single match and am having trouble on my IS 1 through 4 tanks doing anything due to 8 now being bottom tier and an unupgraded 9 being no match against the upgraded ones.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile

If you have played that naval battle game in which you command a ship (sorry, can't remember the name),

navyfield
i like goats

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ever since xp x5 days, 90% of my is-4 games are with IS-7's and mauses.

jesus christ.

used to be like 10% were with tier 10 tanks.

IS-7's arent even a problem for IS-4's 1v1 generally.

Mauses on the other hand are freakin insanity, penetrate and only do like 10-15% dmg lol :(

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Well, the European WoT Bay12 community seems to have died, haven't seen anyone on in days...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I come in atleast for half an hour each day, farm up that double xp and stuff, but with most of my tanks being high tier i find the game extremly annoying, especially when i play a TD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I didn't have the time to fully upgrade my IS-3 and 4 during the super xp days and now I'm stuck with a t9 that performs like a t7 and is matched against t10 with an enormous prejudice against me because I'm driving a tank that gets "overpowered" when fully upgraded, which it isn't.

Drive in, get spotted, ineffectively plink at the nearest enemy, die because everybody hates my tank. And Campinovka is featured waaaaay too often.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where are you guys these days in US Server? I am getting much better with OP-54 after I fully upgraded it. I eat stock OP-54 for breakfast.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im barely playing anymore, and elsior bay 12 chat is gone since he was european.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

If you search Bay 12, I'm pretty sure there's another channel set up in EU.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I am in the US Server. Rilder stole the channel founder status so now it says Bay 12 (Rilder). Grrr. I just joined the clan Tankbusters, because I like the TV show Mythbusters. This may sound crazy but I may ditch OP-54 upon release and go for Panther II; that thing is a beauty. Look over performance FTW!

EDIT: I am Elsior!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Open beta tomorrow. Anybody coming back for the open?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Extra daily gold?
Yes please, if i step it up a bit i think i might even get a T-54 before the hardwipe :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 251