Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210749 times)

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I rarely see Borsigs using the 150. Most of them seem to use the 128.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

The 150 on German tanks in general is pretty useless unless you use a full gold round load out.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Advantages the ISU has over the Rhm.-150mm

320 more DPM
Half as much reticule expansion when moving the gun
Infinitely better armor (~half the ISU's frontal profile is 210mm+, it cannot be penned at extreme angles, arty and HE do not cannibalize it)
Better long-range mobility due to +8 top speed
Much better AP pen, moderately improved gold round pen (APCR is better than HEAT)
Shell velocity is almost twice as fast on the gold ammo (the 150's HEAT rounds are some of the slowest in the game) and a good bit faster on AP
Better gun depression
Infinitely better protection against ramming

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got the KV-4 and I'm still using the D-25T gun, its basically useless in its tier (with that gun). I've got a 34% win rate, but my armor use efficiency is now 0.87  :o, can't wait till I get the real gun.

One game I blocked TWO shots from an Obj. 268 (300 pen).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah i have the KV-4 and love the armor on it and yes the 122 mm gun is useless on it. It's semi ok on tanks that are fast enough to flank like hte IS-3 but on a slow defender like KV-4 its pretty much junk.

Also the top gun is pretty similar with the Tiger 2 top gun. It has worse soft stats but otherwise it's the same gun.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a fully upgraded cromwell now, and after 71 battles I've gotten a mastery badge and 2 lehvaslaiho's medals.

Eventually this crew is going to be put into a centurion 1, what perks/skills should I train?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Sixth sense on the commander obviously, your second skill can be whatever but Mentor is pretty ok as is Situational awareness. Driver should get repairs and off road driving for that extra boost in agility, gunner goes repairs and snapshot/deadeye the loader gets ammo stowage and repairs.

Generally most folks get repairs and whatever skill makes them enhance the tank stats.

I also reccommend you keep the cromwell/comet around since they're both amazing tanks while the cent will be rough at first, but after you get the top gun it's pretty much smooth sailing from there.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always take camo before repairs. Maus and IS-4 lines would probably be the only exceptions. If theres more than one gun firing at me repair skills wont be helping one bit, ever, but even a slight edge in visibility may win a battle(doesnt necessarily allow to fire unspotted, but even 0,2 reaction edge alone can help a lot) and camo skill works and boosts the tanks performance all of the time.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't use mentor, the time it takes to pay itself off is nowhere near worth it.

First skill should be sixth sense + camo + camo + safe stowage, then camo + repair + repairs + camo, then situation awareness + snap shot + smooth ride + repairs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, but it gives a bonus, however small it is, while sixth sense is useless until it reaches 100%

I usually take mentor first then retrain to sixth sense once it's at 100% (slightly more to account for the conversion loss), afterwards it's either mentor or situational awareness.

Also camo isn't nearly as useful on most tanks as you think guys, especially big ones like the Centurion you gain a couple of meters which means pretty much nothing on most maps because of how small they are.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Camo takes your camouflage value from 11.5 to 20.5. That's the difference between a Jagdtiger and a Hellcat. Little more than a "couple of meters", one of the best skills in the game for everything with a 10%+ base camo.

Why take mentor if you're just going to retrain it? Get something like repairs/camo/situational awareness. At least they actually provide a tangible benefit while you're getting it high enough to retrain to sixth.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i usually find myself giving mentor to my commander and repairs to everyoe else and then swap it for BiA... and learns mentor and repairs again.

I do experiment tho and sometimes i'll give my gunner the sniperability,,, and in the liine of the retarded things i done/do is having a S-51 armed with 201 mm AP shells with a gunner trained in sniping for an extra chance to damage modules... don't ask why.
Self promotion below.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some advantage(that can be stacked with camo skin and bia and the camo net too) is still much better than none at all in most battles(repair skill).

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Sonli Don't rush for BIA, common newbie mistake.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Sonli Don't rush for BIA, common newbie mistake.
Didn't say anything about rushing it altho i'd rather have it on my tank first and have it out of my way so i can level repair/camo without rerolling crew skills later.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 251