Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210910 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I've pretty much ended any aspirations to ever get anywhere on an arty tree, they just don't work for me, I don't know how people complain they are so OP.

Also they are throwing 300 gold at people to change their passwords, second time they've done that I believe. I'm up to like 2,200 in freeby gold over the last couple months which is rather nice.

Patch 9.0 is scheduled for the 15th it seems as well.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

I think most of the people who complain about arty being OP have never actually played arty, and usually drive almost exclusively heavies and have zero sense of cover

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arty is being nerfed again, so apparently not many people agree with that.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice it was on life support already. What are they doing to it now? Removing the guns and replacing them with rock chugging catapults is the only way they can meke them worse.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice it was on life support already. What are they doing to it now? Removing the guns and replacing them with rock chugging catapults is the only way they can meke them worse.

Nah, since catapults can be set up to fire relatively quickly. Arty is currently inaccurate AND slow-firing. The thing (left) to remove is the damage.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O56OvuIQ7w

Wargaming wants to get the Maus in Kubinka operational.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O56OvuIQ7w

Wargaming wants to get the Maus in Kubinka operational.

I can see it in future history books about WW2 as a "funfact" In 20xx the gasme company Wargaming know for their game "World of Tanks" restored the Maus to working order.
I must say game companies having more and more impact on history is a cool thing to see.
Self promotion below.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Restore to working order? I didn't think the Maus tank ever was working.

Edit: Hm, two working prototypes.

How many steps from a Maus to a Baneblade?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many steps from a Maus to a Baneblade?

Well banebalde had guns mounted on every surface. every gun has to be connected to an engine or have a seperate motor to rotate... it would be complicated but possible i guess... if a bit overcomplicated and redundant.
Self promotion below.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Just a quick question, but who here has this for xbox 360? I don't have access to a PC atm for steam games, and was wondering if anyone wants to play it on a console :/.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Nah, I haven't owned a console since the Playstation 2.

Also just had an excellently trolly match in my KV-1, featuring a Jagdpanther being unaple to pen me and a SU-152 rushing me to derp me in a face only for him to get a no damage crit.
Steam Profile

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick question, but who here has this for xbox 360? I don't have access to a PC atm for steam games, and was wondering if anyone wants to play it on a console :/.

WoT is not on steam.
Also i don't own a console since Nintendo 64.
Also i hear the console version does not have russian tanks in it so there are no OP tech trees for new players to play with.
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So 9.0 out, its okay I guess, historical battles are cool but I think ultimately more of a novelty than anything, the ability to play a tank and gain XP without worrying about how it's fitted could seriously help stock grinds though, Tiger I I'm looking at you.

Make sure you go to you're %appdata%/Roaming/Wargaming.net/worldoftanks folder and delete your preferences file since that apparently fixes some crashes.

The graphics changes are hit and miss, performance wise I didn't take -too- much of a hit in FPS though I did need to turn down lighting and effects a bit. The new Panther model is rather sexy I have to say, they definitely made the Schmallturm a bit more easy to look at. However they really fucked up the look of American tanks, they look just disgusting, some sort of pale vomit colour.

Spoiler: T32 for Reference (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:19:45 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I took a huge hit to FPS. in fact the game changed its recomended setting from high to medium and still was nearly unplayable (like 20 fps with frequent spikes).
However turning the shadows down to low and everything else to high i got a somawhat stable 24-30 at all times.

Also i installed a mod pack from some guy and damn those things in there feel almost like cheats... and the mod is in a thread posted on WoT forums and was not shot down my moderators. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/349537-anfields-90-mod-pack/

I just don't even...
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The reason for most tanks looking shittier on low settings is that shadows are no longer incorporated in the texture, which was an earlier way to make them look decent without massive requirements coming with rendering proper shadows. Now that the shadows are gone you need to enable them in the options to make things look not shit. Which sucks pretty badly since those have always been the most demanding thing and had the biggest impact on my FPS.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 251