Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211050 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2850 on: December 17, 2013, 10:39:20 am »

Plus it's never going to see anything higher than T9 unless platooned, so you don't really need all that much pen (seriously, I did just fine with 170 for a long while on the T32).

Also if you guys want some free stuff/credits, do the Team Battles thing, three victories every day gives you a Gun Laying Drive and five gold consumables (extinguishers I think). Not that hard to do and it's a nice little bonus.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2851 on: December 17, 2013, 11:35:48 am »

Really? I haven't seen that bonus anywhere. Sure it's not region specific? Not that it'd matter, I don't have a team I could work with and random teams aren't much better than those in random battles, except you're usually actually playing against organized enemies. I don't think I've EVER won a team battle with a random team.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:33 pm »

8.10 is out, Japanese tanks to battle for the Emperor!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: December 23, 2013, 11:46:00 pm »

I decided to try out the Pz. III, and on the way to that bought the III A. First match: Mastery badge, top gun. That went better than expected.  8)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: December 24, 2013, 12:36:16 am »

Slightly related; I lost my shit.

I Chi-ha-ha'd.

Yeah, chi-ha is awesome, that 47mm type-1 is frankly an insane gun for a tier 3 to have(81 pen, 70 damage? Sign me up!) The only downside to the gun, actually, is its average accuracy(around .44 iirc)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: December 24, 2013, 03:39:16 am »

I find it hillarious that XVM has a typo in its markers, so ingame the Chi-Ha is called Chi-Na, took me several minutes to figure out just what the hell is going on.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: December 24, 2013, 07:32:34 am »

I think the game began to hate me.
I just can't do anything right lately and if i manage to get a good score then the team will fail (got 2700 damage in a KV-1s but the team crumbled shortly after that).

Sit in cover bouncing shots from a ferdinand, ST-I and tiger 2?
Well i won't get help because the entire team is busy dying without making any impact on the game (had 7500 damage recieved that game).

And of course the all too often games where i screw up and die like a goat without having any reasonable impact on the game.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: December 25, 2013, 12:27:07 pm »

The game seems to hate my IS-8 seeing as its one of the few tier 7+ tanks I have with a winrate under 50%.  It should be getting better though especially when I have matches like this:

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:35:09 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: December 25, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »

By the way, the christmas premium british tank they gave everyone, it's so much fun... Also, finally a low tier tank with an automatic gun that can effectively fight the T18.

I thought it was just going to be another T7 Combat Car, but it's so much more.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 25, 2013, 02:44:47 pm »

By the way, the christmas premium british tank they gave everyone, it's so much fun... Also, finally a low tier tank with an automatic gun that can effectively fight the T18.

Dunno i scrapped 3 of those little guys in a T18 before some german got me.
Self promotion below.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 25, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »

Depends. Were they aiming at your front?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: December 25, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »

Depends. Were they aiming at your front?
Yep. I think i bounced some side shots as well.
I can't be sure about the rear.
Self promotion below.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: December 25, 2013, 08:10:13 pm »

in my one game with it, I penned and killed 2 t18s from the front along with a t7 and significant damage to a UC gun carrier
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 251