Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211093 times)

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2805 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:16 am »

Personally i'm going for both (altho the grind has grinded to a halt at tier 6... i have both tier 6 tanks maxed out but i just can't be arsed to play them.

From what i hear however the Tiger seems to be utter garbage.
Bad armor.
Slow.
Well you get it.

And the one and only saving grace of the tank is the top gun (every single one before it is trash at tier 7).

So yeah have fun.

If you can get it angled right, that armor is pretty nice, and it isn't that much slower than the other heavies of its tier, in some cases it's actually faster
And that gun is pure vicious, seven second reload with all that pen makes me a happy tanker

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2806 on: November 20, 2013, 01:55:32 am »

Tiger H is an amazing tank.

Sure pretty much anyone T7 or higher can penetrate you if you don't angle, but angled you're kind of bouncy, you've got 1500hp, and you've got a gun that can even take down T9s frontally as long as you aim.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: November 20, 2013, 09:17:45 am »

Thank you all for the comments and tips! I'm going to get me the H and see how that baby rolls.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: November 21, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »

Thank you all for the comments and tips! I'm going to get me the H and see how that baby rolls.

Bit late to comment now, but I can say that the H and P can both be awesome. One of my clan mates is a terror when driving his Tiger H, another is better with Tiger P, they're just different.

My advice would be to simply try whatever you can and see what suits you.
To put it simply, there are no good or bad players, there are people who are good with that tank and those who aren't. The "expert" players mostly have a more adaptive playstyle or only play with tanks that match their style.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: November 21, 2013, 01:09:40 pm »

Tiger H is flat out overpowered after the buffs. That gun and tier 8 HP is just too much. Luckily the fact it's an unarmored, camoless box does help keep it in check.

Tiger P I did great in, but the gun on it is really kind of terrible. 2.9 aimtime is horrible on such a low DPM, low alpha gun. You will do lots of exposing, luckily you have the armor for it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: November 25, 2013, 09:47:13 pm »

The whole Porsche line I think needs a bit of re-working to get it in line with the Henschel line I think, Afaik the Maus has been a huge victim of powercreep and just isn't the beast it was.

Also kinda having a bit of downward pressure on the number of tanks I have, think I need to buy a couple more tanks. Dunno what I want though, right now.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 25, 2013, 10:15:46 pm »

The Tiger P is alright. It's a fairly balanced T7, last I checked it had decent server winrate. The VK A needs a bit of retooling (To be specific, gun depression) and the VK B needs to be given an actual role besides "shitty E75". They could do a lot of stuff; better ground resistance would give it a mobile fascist box feel. Side armor buff would make it noticeably better than the E75 at sidescraping. You could greatly buff the 128 to give it more of a support feel. You could buff the lower glacis to give it more of a homogenous armor scheme and create one hell of a T8/T7 bully. Anything. It just needs a role.

I wrote a little snippet over on WoTLabs about what tanks I think are worthwhile to have in your garage for the sake of fun. Might help give you some ideas. *shrug*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 26, 2013, 05:06:27 am »

You think that Tiger H gun is op? I got news for you: Opshorn has the same gun (name changed to allow WG to grab more gold on free exp when it came out) with better accuracy, faster aiming, and better RoF. Oh, and it's tier 6. You will say that it doesn't have hp? It doesn't need it, it's faster and has incredible camo for such high profile vehicle. Sturer Emil is completly meh though.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 26, 2013, 06:39:07 am »

Meh I played the Nashorn; it's made of glass with no way to limit exposure. The poor speed, gun depression, armor, hp, and camo means that you really cant do anything other than camp a bush all game and farm damage. Sure you're OP when you're allowed to do that, but not every map in this game is Redshire. Have fun trying to carry on Himmelsdorf, Ensk, Ruinburg, Port, Westfield, Abbey, Fjords, Mines, Widepark...

Sturer Emil is one of the worst tanks in the game. Take all the bad parts of the Nashorn, make them 10x worse, and give it a shitty 128 with 15 rounds and no premium ammo. Fun stuff!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: November 26, 2013, 03:28:44 pm »

I just started playing this game, and I am so confounded by everything you guys are talking about. :P

All I know is I get blown up a lot. I've played 20-some matches and gotten three kills in total. :/

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: November 26, 2013, 05:12:17 pm »

Why the hate for the M48 and the 62A Nex?

They're bot damn good tanks. Heck, you're recommending the Obj. 140 but not the almost identical 62A ? Most people think the 62A is better too, since it doesn't trade the invincible turret for a slightly higher top speed.

M48 on the other hand is a very versatile machine, good at being a spotter as well as a damage dealer thanks to the pretty solid RoF and alpha. Sure it's somewhat large and the top speed isn't the greatest but if you can adapt to it, it's a strong vehicle.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:57 am »

Why the hate for the M48 and the 62A Nex?

They're bot damn good tanks. Heck, you're recommending the Obj. 140 but not the almost identical 62A ? Most people think the 62A is better too, since it doesn't trade the invincible turret for a slightly higher top speed.

M48 on the other hand is a very versatile machine, good at being a spotter as well as a damage dealer thanks to the pretty solid RoF and alpha. Sure it's somewhat large and the top speed isn't the greatest but if you can adapt to it, it's a strong vehicle.

The 62A is fine. The problem is the 140 is better at almost everything, so getting both is somewhat wasteful. I'm not sure what people you're hanging around with, but most of the best players in the game consider the 140 to be superior. The turret armor is almost identical if you're playing it correctly, it's smaller, it's faster, it has better gun depression, and better armor. They are exactly the same otherwise, the 62A just being every so slightly more agile.

The M48 is pretty iffy at everything... it can spot, but not any better than its peers; the extra 20m view range is largely negated by having the camo and stature of a heavy. The fact it's the size of a heavy also means it is the least protected T10 med; its hard to miss and has pretty bad armor  :-\ When you buy the M48 you buy it for one thing; a standard t10 med gun with american gun dep. That's all it really offers, everything else is fairly mediocre. (Also the M60 is just a M48 but better, but that's not really fair since most people don't have one...)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: November 28, 2013, 06:26:38 am »

I'd like to point out that the chinese T10 med is a frankenstiein monster made out of russian tanks.

Hull armor of the T-54 (140)
Turret armor of a T-62A (240)
Gun out of one of the russian T10 heavies.

It has all the best ruskie bits in it.
Hell even the main gun reloads faster on it than the original russian one.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:29:10 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 28, 2013, 07:57:47 am »

The issue (it's biggest and only issue tbh) with 140, which in my eyes makes it worse than the 62A is the turret. Not only are the hatches bigger and easier to hit, the roof of the turret above the gun (a rather large area) is about 30mm's thick, making it almost non-existant because every gun from T9 and up overmatches it, making any and all attempts at hulldown pointless.

And the M48 is big, but it's not meant for passive scouting, the 420m viewrange, coupled with coated optics maxes out the spotting range, meaning that you just have to skirt a ridge or a hill or a corner to spot everything at max range. It's best for peekaboo spotting and using the gun depression for your advantage.

The 121 is a scary tank, but it trades off so much for that monster of a gun that it's somewhat limited in what it can do. It has nearly zero gun depression and it isn't exactly nimble, still, if you can work trough those issues it's one of the scariest tanks in the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 30, 2013, 11:51:25 am »

Spoiler: Die Maus die! (click to show/hide)
Actually got top damage in that match. :)

Also next patch is looking good, shooting through walls and such is gonna be useful, hopefully the havoc thing coming after works alright, though.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 251