Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211210 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

World of Warplanes is pretty fun, definitely worth my time, though in the end I'll probably end up uninstalling it in favor of World of Warships because seriously, World of Warships is going to be amazing hhhhhrnnngg, I will play so much of that its not even funny.

As for Warthunder, not really interested in it, myself. (This isn't the thread for discussing warthunder, anyways, so lets not okay?)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:14:46 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally finished the KV-4 grind. Now that that's done and over with, time to decide if I should focus on getting credits for the ST-I or move on to a different branch.

Spoiler: Ranting Opinons (click to show/hide)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Afaik, World of Warplanes was planned before, and the name was trademarked, which prompted Gajin to switch their game's name to Warthunder (they originally planned to call it something similar to Wowp)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Afaik, World of Warplanes was planned before, and the name was trademarked, which prompted Gajin to switch their game's name to Warthunder (they originally planned to call it something similar to Wowp)
World of Planes I believe.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

OH, the T-50-2. The replacement supposedly was just trading a bit of armor reduction for increased traverse speed, but everything I've heard suggests that it's really a higher-tier T-50. The T-50-2 was an absolute blast to play, and they killed it supposedly for historical accuracy, despite ignoring other tanks not matching their real performance characteristics (like, say, the fact that the Hellcat could hit 97 km/h in real life) because it was more convenient for them to do so. If the goal was to remove an OP tank, they bloody well should have said so, instead of skirting the issue and pretending that it would just be switched for another model of tank that fit the performance. Combined with other customer relations problems I have with WG, I'm really losing interest in the game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The problem with the T-50-2 wasn't historical accuracy (since certain accounts make it out as a very scary light tank). It was more about it not actually driving like a tank but a god damned motorbike on steroids.

The MT-25 from what I've seen fits nicely into the role of a T6 scout, much like the German VK or the Chafee, being something of a mix between the two.

Now the only tank that's actually made above it's tier is the Chaffe since all the others were changed and moved about, they seem to be putting that change off until they get a more complete tree or something (IIRC it's going to lead to a medium tank tree or something).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That's the point, though. Historical accuracy was the reason WG cited for tossing the T-50-2 out, even though it was obvious that it was about game balance. BS attempts to cover up the reasons behind content changes leave a bitter taste in my mouth, especially when it would have been perfectly reasonable for them to just admit that they were cutting it for the sake of balance. It reeks of the sort of deceptive, PR-bs that WG has indulged in before.

I don't have an issue with them cutting the T-50-2 (apart from loving the tank, heh), I have an issue with them lying about the reason.

3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The way they handle it irks me a bit, but overall, I'm happy with the direction the game is going and it's fun. One badly handled tank (and it's still nowhere near as badly handled as the Type 59 has been) isn't going to make me quit. But of course, I never had any love for the t-50-2 or really the t-50. I could see getting more angry if they messed with my ELC AMX... but again, one badly handled tank wouldn't make me quit either.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Eh, it's more that I was already losing interest and WG has just been giving me extra reasons not to come back. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just had a run with my AT-2, been doing well in it.

Last battle tonight wasn't that great for my team, couple of guys who seem to know each other chat at the start, business as usual otherwise.

They both die rather quickly overall, while I am slowly making my way with my AT. I'm taking shot when I can, doing my thing. They start spouting about a noob team, the other guy mentions that's what happens when the team is a bunch of forty per-centers. I am the only one left alive by this point, and I call them out on their attitude. They were not very happy about that, but eh. I guess even a 51% person like me is terrible to them.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(sorry about non-english screenie)

I think I've gotten the mentality of playing Brits right now, I'm doing alright down the heavy line too.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are you up to on the Heavy Line? If Matilda, enjoy. Keep that Matilda and go no further.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Church7. They're actually not that bad as their rep say... Guns are mediocre but can snipe and have good ROF, armor is thick and demands angling more than others but the AMOUNT OF STEEL WALLS

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, got my ST-I. After selling off almost every non-premium tank I own, I managed to buy it, just barely. Still didn't have enough for a full set of shells, so I had to grind a bit more just to play it. It seems like it could be great once I get a better gun, not terrible as is though. (That 122mm is SO versatile.) I am still learning, however. Apparently I can't out-wrestle a Panther II. I'm just not as heavy as the KV-4 was, thus not as effective a rammer. And the armor, while good, is nothing to write home about. Apparently I have to do well in this tank to have it pay for itself, it seems I'm back where I was at tier 8 in the KV-4 before the profit patch a bit ago. Still looking forward to how it plays out. I see potential, I just have to figure out how to unlock it.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone just said "There is no fun in losing." on the WoT forums.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 251