Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211252 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Damage matters a great deal more than kill credits. If you kill four tanks but only dealt ~3-400 damage, you're going to get much less exp than if you killed none but dealt 1.5-2k damage. Same deal with exp for spotting damage (and tracking damage, now). Exp gain is obviously greatest when you're ripping the enemy team apart all by yourself, but after that dealing lots of damage/spotting lots of enemies tends to do much more than cleaning up kills.

I did over 1000 damage with a tier 3 tank going up against tier 4s and 5s. I think I should have gotten more than 500 XP.
Nothing important here, move along.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4000 damage done. 1400 potential damage received. Horrible players on both teams. I screwed up badly near the start running down center, got surrounded by 3 enemy light tanks and still managed to kill them and survive.

Sometimes you just get an awesome game by being slightly less rubbish than everyone else.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not that impressive of a match, but steel wall in a VK 30.01 H? And on redshire of all places... Dat turret, man.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have I mentioned how troll the AT-2 is? I've been grinding it for credits this x5 weekend(due to the increased credit earnings of T-5s, and that I've gotten the AT-8 unlocked), and I've been laughing my ass off at all the people ragining in chat. Already, I've held up a rush through the center pass om Fjords long enough for my team to clean up; I shredded a t14 from full heath, and only died when the Kv-1 with the derp landed 4 consecutive shots on me. Even then, he was they ONLY tank to even pen, and there were 3 heavies and a couple tds rushing center! On a side note, It always amuses me how, when facing an AT-series tank, entire pushes just stop dead, and instead of trying to flank and hopefully pen my softer sides(or even just ignore me, since I can't destroy all of them at once), they happily plink away and my 203mm frontal armor(without even going for the hatch!) while I shred them with my 6-pounder
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

There's an intimidation factor with the AT series of tanks. There's almost this fear that somehow you'll die if you try to flank the AT, so people just stay in front of it and shoot. An AT on one side of a battle is usually, by its mere presence, enough to determine the outcome.
Nothing important here, move along.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In many of my tanks, I can't even pen an at-2 from the side or excepting lucky shots from the rear either! Ignoring it is an option, as it's not the most agile thing around, but hell, except that top hatch, most tanks I have that encounter it just can't do anything to it. I've gotten to the point where all I do now, if I'm in anything except a tier 7 with a good gun, is focus on keeping it tracked and call for help.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, you're pretty much lunch once you get to the higher tiers where everybody got the accuracy to reliably hit your weakspots. Even more so since the new patch.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Brit TDs are easy kills if you've got half a brain and aim for the cupola. It's like a giant cancerous growth made of thin armor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

I love that little cupola, it's such a satisfying target

It's also occasionally hilarious the way people react when you keep hitting it

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If people keep focusing on the hatch when I'm driving, I'll actually congratulate them for having half a brain
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to be relatively close to hit the cupola though. Also, I think the first tank that can pen frontally an AT-2 is an ARL-44 (and not if it's too much angled).

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Redshire, Encounter(I think, the one where both teams are going after a single cap point.) I'm in my T-50.

I rush to the point along with another t-50. No enemies yet despite some fast tanks on their side. No arty. I find a nice bush behind the point and hide. I watch a bunch of enemy lights move into the cover on the point and start capping. I sit there, content to spot for the moment and I watch as my heavy teammates lay waste to a cocksure Centurion and lay down fire at the visible tanks. A cheeky little Leopard has found cover and a nice bush. He's only infrequently visible to me from my spotting position, but I know exactly where he is. He's the one building up most of the cap points. 30, 40, 50. Other tanks continue to fight it out, but nobody on my team is moving on the point. 60,70. I load up HE ammo. 80. Leopard thinks he's got this one won. Nobody can hit him where he's sitting. Another tank moves into cover beside the leopard to speed it up. 90, 91, 92. I decide it's about time to reveal myself, even though I liked that spot and would have preferred to just spot for the rest of the game. I put 2 HE rounds into the leopard and 2 more into the other light tank, completely killing their nearly won capture bar. I high tail it out of there with only glancing blows. Teammates finally show up, just a few seconds too late and while they're scrubbing out the rubbish from the point, I run around, swing around once more and put the final shot into that leopard, just to add salt to the wound. From then on, the rest of my team just cleans up easily, while I sit on the point. Cap occurs just a few seconds after the last enemy was defeated.

GG

Never let it be said that light tanks or HE rounds or the lowest tier tank are useless. They just need to be in the right place at the right time and it helps to have a whole lot of camo.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there, I've just finished downloading the game and playing a few games with random light tanks. I'm kind of confused as to what things needs to be repurchased when your tank get destroyed, eg. If I purchase this new 2cm Breda gun for my LolTractor, will I have to buy it again when I die with it equipped? Also heard about people talking about stuff like "turning a profit", does that mean that later tanks needs to be repurchased when they are destroyed in battle? If that's the case I might want to stick with these starting tanks a bit longer and probably get a few upgrades for them. At least I didn't notice a drop in credits after driving a bunch of these to their fiery deaths, heh. Thanks in advance!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Consumables (Repair kits fire extinguishers ETC) and ammo have to be bought (you can make this automatic tho).

Basically:

1 - Ammo costs.
2 - Consumable costs.
3 - Repair costs.

1 - You don't have to rebuy the gun after every fight but unless you didn't shoot you will have to buy ammo for it.
Note that ammo is not destroyed when a tank blows up so if you can take 10 shells with you costing 100 silver each and fired 5 times during the game then your ammo resupply cost would be 500.
You MAY lose some shells if you get hit in the ammo rack however.

2 - Consumables like first aid kits and tools are one use only but a toolkit used at the right moment may save you from getting killed if you get trascked in a exposed location.

3 - Each tank has a certain repair cost based on its price... tier 1 tanks have the benefit of FREE repairs but as you go up the tiers it will be harder to get a profit even if you win.

Oh and i would suggest to keep all auto resupply on at all times.
Also note that changing the turret resets your ammo for some reason so you have to reload after upgrading the turret.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:23:40 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For clarity, you will make the most credits at tier 5, so don't fret about losing money until tier 7 or so.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 251