Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211259 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i pimped out my T-150.
Ventilation, gun rammer, fragmentation shielding (whatever it is called in english).

Frag shielding in particular mitigates some of the arty/HE shell damage turning the T-150 into an even harder to kill beast when fighting vehicles at its (and below) tier.

Also had a nice "fight" with a SU-100. He ambushed me and pierced my front armor. I responded with a snap shot while he was taking cover behind a building and it destroyed his ammo rack (along with him).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's called spall liner in english. Also, there is super heavy spall liners with 8.6 (for 70tons and over tanks).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i had this strange game with 18 T-50.
Yep 10 lights per team with one tier 9 heavy/TD as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also in the news another "odd" game with my T-150.
The second the game started shells started flying as well. I barely managed to move 20 away when a medium near me exploded.
At first i thought it was some TKer but nope.
I was next and got pew pewed down in seconds by a stug/KV-1s from across the field.
How fast it happened?
Let's just say that if i decided to rush across the field i wouldn't even get to the bushes on MY side.
Dead in less than 1 minute.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:57:51 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How well protected vs HE is a Maus with spall liner now? Can it actually survive arty spam long enough to achieve anything on the more open maps, or is it still a little city princess?

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i had this strange game with 18 T-50.
Yep 10 lights per team with one tier 9 heavy/TD as well.

I had something like this happen 2 or 3 times. I remember one game with 12 ELC AMX per side, Encounter battle, very open map. Funniest game I ever had, kind of like a dogfight on 2-dimensional surface.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How well protected vs HE is a Maus with spall liner now? Can it actually survive arty spam long enough to achieve anything on the more open maps, or is it still a little city princess?

Well it increases the armor vs HE by 30% IF it does NOT penetrate.
Compared to the 25% increase of the old spall liner that 5% won't be saving no mouse on any relatively open field from a 2000 damage tactical nuke.
Self promotion below.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So 8.6 is upon us NAers. It seems that low tier arty is pretty useless thanks to the high aim time, and higher tier gets better matchmaking. I fought two G.W. Panthers in a KV-1. Not fun losing 3/4 your health to accidental splash.

I bought a wespe to try out low tier, and it was incredibly bad. Even shots aimed completely would go in random directions, and fire rate is now inconsequential unless you're pestering the same tank, since it takes so long to aim a shot.

Across the board it looks like most premium shells are more expensive, but I can't complain about that. The KV-2 lost its HEAT, again, no complaints.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might give the 107mm on the KV-2 a go. AFAIK the KV-2 is pretty much a worse T-150 now, but I always wanted to give that old gun another dance. I remember it used to be THE godcannon back in the day, when the KV and SU-85 and KV-3 all used it. Haven't played with it since.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Just as I feared. My Priest is utterly terrible.

So much for artillery being fun to play. I'm selling it.
Nothing important here, move along.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But Priest has an incredible lfp armor. The next tank that has as much armor is the KV-1 turret.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

So... use it as a TD?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... use it as a TD?

Yup. Pretend it's a Derp gun hetzer and go for it... especially if you're far from the next tier because you will go insane if you try playing low tier SPGs "properly" now.
Self promotion below.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

But what about the insane reload time?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you hope you kill the target with one hit and have some cover to get behind if you don't.
Self promotion below.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

HE shells got nerfed, too.

Even using the arty as a TD would be worthless. The aim time is terrible, so you'd have to either take a snapshot that would probably miss or wait until the enemy already had their gun trained on you, even if you did hit it probably wouldn't do that much damage, and even then you wouldn't really have enough time to retreat to safety.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 251