Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211290 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Welp, as one of the NA people still on 8.5, just beat a KV-1S with a StuG III. 1 on 1. Face-to-face (sort of, it had its side to me). And yes, the 1S had the 122mm. I also had the entire enemy team shooting at me.
Nothing important here, move along.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

They specifically didn't give Arty the new accuracy buff, I think. Not sure where I read it, but I'm fairly sure Arty's still got the old system.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally bought a T-150.
First thing i do?
Change the horrible stock gun for the fast 50 cal.
First enemy i have the honor of facing?
The freaking Exelsior that killed me last game when i drove the KV-1.
I murdered him... slowly one low damage slug every 1.2 second.

So yeah... i killed a tank that was a tier lower than me... yay.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They specifically didn't give Arty the new accuracy buff, I think. Not sure where I read it, but I'm fairly sure Arty's still got the old system.
They did. It's not really clear, but it was better explained on ftr. Basically, they didn't want to buff the accuracy of arty, so they lowered the accuracy value. So it's approximatively the same.

Just unlocked 90 mm DCA 45. This gun is hilarious.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

They did. It's not really clear, but it was better explained on ftr. Basically, they didn't want to buff the accuracy of arty, so they lowered the accuracy value. So it's approximatively the same.
Meanwhile the decrease in shell velocity screws with everyone except the people (*snrk*losers*snrk*) who play with the special modded arty mode crosshair that has a rangefinder and time-to-target indicator.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, the issue is that with the new MM arty gets, there's even more 1-shot than before. On the plus side, the aim time and shell velocity makes it harder to shoot light or medium tanks, which arty could do too easily imo. Arty should have less alpha but more rof.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, aside from the MM being rather insane since tha patch and having to face S-51's and GW Panthers in T5 tanks not much has changed honestly. A good shot will still fuck you up toroughly except that arty has become even more reliant on luck than before, so that's a definite answer to my will I ever try arty again question.

Also for some reason, I've been seeing oddly high numbers of Pz38NA's in T8 matches since the patch, not sure if something is wrong or more people are playing them or something, but it was rare for me to see them beyond T5-6 :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

nA's have always gotten matchmaking hell. I remember when I was playing it. It's actually got a pretty good gun on it, at least.

Edit: There's something fun about playing a wide open map with a KV-2 and watching the 152's shell slowly fly a full second or more before it hits the target.

I wonder how good of aim the 152 will have with the accuracy adjustment. It might make for a damn scary sniper.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:25:48 pm by TheBronzePickle »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i've been playing with the stug for a little bit (well quite a bit TBH) and i'm puzzled by this thing.

In theory it has 80 mm relatively well sloped armor on the front (and a weak spot on the lower glacis) so in theory it should be able to take a hit or two on the front.

In practice however it gets horribly murdered the second its spotted.

I find it kinda strange since i also have the KV-1 and it bounces things all the freaking time (i almost can't believe how ridiculously immune it in tier V matches) even without angling.

But the Stug?
Nope. BOOM it's gone.

Oh and a question while i'm at it.

My dudes hit 100% and get to pick a skill.
I took Brothers in arms for everybody.
Can i pick another skill when it reaches 100%?
Also if i hit 100% and i move to another tank will it still work (assuming the crew all has BiA at 100%) or will i have to wait till the crew hits 100% in their main level?
Self promotion below.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

1. The StuG does not have well-sloped armor. The front's covered in weak points that make for easy killing, and people hate StuGs so you get a lot of people shooting at you. It's also not got very much HP.

Meanwhile, the KV-1 has relatively few forward weak spots and a fairly large plate angled to where any shot that hits it almost always bounce.

2. Yes, you can pick a new skill/perk when you reach 100% again. You can theoretically get a crew with every skill they can take, but in practice that would take forever.

Crew keep their skills and perks when they move to other tanks, but I don't think they work until the crew reaches 100% again.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The StuG is bouncy mostly on really long ranges (where you should be) and against lower tiers.

As for the crew question, yes it will carry over but will not see any progress unil the crew is up to 100% again. There's also a neat little trick you can do to by training them for a different vehicle which gives up to 90% skill for the silver retrain option, you then drop their secondary skills and their xp gets added to their normal crew xp which gives you a 100% crew with a small hit to their secondary skills.

Also also, taking BiA as a first skill is usually not that great of an idea since it needs to be at 100% to work (which needs twice as much expirience as going from regualr 0% to 100%). Instead you take something like camo or repairs or some different skill that works from the start and once it reaches a 100% and then some (if you don't want to use gold) and then drop it and train everyone in BiA.

Also also also, consider getting camo, camo net and sixth sense on your commander. The StuG is pretty smal and sneaky so doing invisible sniping shouldn't be much of a problem.

E: Ninjas, damn
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i already have the camo on it and the crew i have on the stug is like 88% at the moment (The 100% crew sits in a T-150).
Personally i'm not really thrilled about getting further than tier 6 so i'm going to spend on those tanks quite a bit of time.
Currently i have:
Pzkv IV (The only exeption of my "Max tier 6 rule" since i'm going for a tiger (p)
Stug (Mostly a money maker)
KV-1 (tagged as my main tank)
KV-1s (has no crew because i just bought it only because it was discounted and i'm not going to play it till i get bored with T-150)
T-150 (currently my main tank and money maker along KV-1)
SU-5 (Almost out of this hellish thing... god i hope the new russian SPG has a long barrel gun instead of a howitzer because low damage low accuracy AND long hangtime at once is just horrible).
Self promotion below.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a long break, I may get back to WOT (NA server). Do you guys platoon alot?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a long break, I may get back to WOT (NA server). Do you guys platoon alot?
I would be willing to platoon. Sadly I'm on SEA and you can't nove accounts I don't think.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's the SEA server? I passed on two offers to migrate to SEA (I am Oceanic). I already felt attached to NA server community.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 251