Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211305 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, any time you're in a light, just expect to die for no good reason a lot of the time.

In a medium or a heavy, you can usually, and sometimes legitimately find a reason or blame for your death. In a light, you're either alive, or you're dead. There's not really an in between and sometimes no amount of skill on your part or your team's part can keep you alive in a situation. A good chunk of the time you're dead without even realizing what happened. Even in those rare situations where you survive a shot, it will usually cripple you and you'll just be left sitting there waiting for the next shot to come along and finish the job.

Lights can be fun, but they can also be some of the most unfair feeling tanks in the game... but when things work out just right... boy does it feel good.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Thanks for all the advice regarding lights, I'll give the Russian ones a go, then figure out what I want from there, I guess.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i got a kamikaze badge not long ago.

I was trolling around in KV1 when a wild SU-100 appeared and whacked me with its gun at point blank.
I whacked it back with my derp gun and instead of hiding he decided to ram me.
Boom.
And that's my story.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I mostly agree with what Jopax said about Russian lights, with one exception: the T-50-2. Not only is it one of the fastest and most agile tanks in the game (IIRC there are only three high-tier heavies/mediums across all the tech trees that can traverse their turrets quickly enough to catch it without tricks while it circles them), but its top cannon can reliably penetrate the rear armor of the vast majority of the tanks in the game. Basically at that point Russian lights go from "annoying but not particularly dangerous" to "can kill a T10 solo if nobody interferes". It's without a doubt my favorite light tank in the game.

I've yet to play any Chinese lights higher than the M5A1, but from what I've seen they're very versatile, effective machines.

The German lights, at least below T5... eeeh. The line leading to the Pz. IV is full of meh (the nA has a good gun, but everything else about it save the small size is pretty bad for a light). The Luchs is okay, but largely reliant on that T5 autocannon to do anything useful, as it isn't exceptionally fast. The obvious exception to all of that it the Pz. I C, which can hit 90kph going downhill, 80kph on flat ground, and can kill most T1-3 tanks in less than four seconds if it gets a clean shot. It's also about the size of the prop cars and trucks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Whenever I try to start the game I get this error.
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
I don't see how I wouldn't have permission to access it, being that this is like, my computer.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Try running it as an administrator.

3. Run Resize Enable

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I tried that.
Nothing I could do could get it to work properly, so I copied it to a different place, and it started working, so hopefully it was just a little bug.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... since i'm a proud slav i decided to try various language versions of my proud people and this happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess it was those sexy czech voiceovers that made me do it.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LOL. I just watch my roomie literally drive his hellcat OVER an elc(not into an ELC, he literally ran it over!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So not like I'm bragging or anything, but I'm totally bragging :

I only wish it happened when they were doing that anniversary special X)

Anyways, it was pretty damn fun and scary since I spent atleast three minutes with about 30-ish hp left. Luckily for me my enemies were more than eager to ignore me for some reason, possibly because I was in some wierd positions where they could only hit my turret at bad angles. Also not shown here is how terrible we ended up. Basically a match with one T8 on each side, several T7's and a bunch of T6's. No arty. The only tank we had that had over 200 pen was the JPanther and he picked the wrong side of the map. So it was me and some T6-7 tanks (I think there was five of us or six at first) fighting the KV-5 and several other tanks. The other tanks died fairly quickly, the KV-5 on the other hand took 57 shots before it went down, that magnificent beast. He tanked 11.5k damage :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy. Shit. I just watched my buddy be the last man standing....and almost pull off a victory in his Hellcat. He was at one point in a 10v1 situation with the enemy team capping, and he vaporized the entire cap squad of a couple VKs(one he kited from 100%!), a Churchill, a stug, and a m5a1 before turning his attention to the other flank(which eventually got him, but not before reducing it down to the last tank). 9 kills, defender, sniper, Radley Walters, and top gun, as well as over 2k NON-DOUBLED experience.  :o
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Since last I posted here, I've played quite a lot.
I decided to devote all my time to the Russian tanks, as I don't regret it. I have the T-28, SU-76, SU-85B, and SU-26.
I really enjoy TDs right now, and devote just about all of my time to them.
I managed to get my dad playing too.
He managed to get a Kamikaze badge when a light rammed his SPG at full health and died.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So another boss game, this time in my Tiger 2.

I was nicely parked on the bridge on Mountain Pass and the idiots just kept shooting my upper glacis at a very silly angle, all the while I was able to snipe them without any danger to myself. Until the JPanther and the Super Pershing appeared on the other side of the bridge. But by that time the ones in the riverbed were pretty dead.

Also this enabled me to unlock the E-75. Sadly don't have the cash for that one X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Because it bears repeating:

Spoiler: This. (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We three Tigers defended against the majority of the enemy team while our team decided to go on the offensive against their weaker side of the map.

I'm starting to really like this tank.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 251