Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211324 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... i'm going to be upgrading from the KV1 soon enough and i'm wondering what kind of tank i should get next since it upgrades to:

1 - A derpgun monster that further goes into the arty tree. (KV2)
2 - A high speed heavy with a ridiculous gun. (KV1s)
3 - A heavily armored brute (T-150)

And i'm not sure about any of them...
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

KV2 - From what I've read, a lot of fun to play with the Derp. As you mentioned, it goes into the artillery tree, so it is a bit of a dead end as far as higher tiers go.

KV-1S - Very deadly tank when you get its top gun. Fast for a heavy, decent armor, slow rate of fire but great alpha. Probably my favorite Tier 6. Heads on to the IS, which is a nice tank.

T-150 - Played it for a while. A bit like the KV-1, except not as OP in its tier. Heavy armor, slow, decent gun.

Go for the 1S first. I'd hang on to the KV-1 as a credit maker for later, as well.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This brings up another problem.

I don't really like the final tank from the KV1s line.
Yes the front is bouncy and all BUT only if the shots are coming from the front. 20 degrees off and all that well sloped armor becomes relatively thin unsloped armor meaning it probably plays more like a TD than a tank.
Self promotion below.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kv-1s is mandatory in every garage. I always forget it is tier 6 not tier 7 when I play in it.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh dear, my heart.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These crazy last stands are why I play WoT.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another vote for the KV-1S. It goes to several good choices and is a great tank on its own. You just have to play it more like it's a large medium, since it's armor is a bit light for the stuff it gets put against. But it fills that role very well. That same gun I was saying is competitive in tier 8 on the KV-4? Yep, you get that gun(or possibly a slightly slower firing variant, but still great damage and pen) on a tier 6 tank.

I'm actually on my way to grinding credits out to rebuy it. I've already unlocked the KV-3/4 line and the IS line with it. Now I need to buy it again and and unlock the KV-13 to get into the mediums since I couldn't stand the T-34-85 enough to grind through it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so KV1s it is then.

Oh and.. what do you guys think about the KV1 gun selection?
I usually end up using the howitzer because it's "reliable".
And by reliable i mean it can do damage to all vehicles KV1 might face even if its scratch damage while the top gun turns into a fruit cannon the second you aim at something above your tier.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

@sluissa

I'm not sure you'll like the T-43 then, since it's pretty much the definition of "more of the same" as far as stats, game style and generaly the shape of the tank go. It's fragile as hell but capable of dishing out amazing amounts of damage, just like the T-34-85.

I suggest you try it out first on the soon to come test server before commiting to the grind. Tho you might want to just get the KV-13 because that one is pretty awesome all on its own.

As for the KV-1 guns, I use the 57 personally, the DPM, accuracy and decent penetration allow me to punish anything stupid enough to think it can either ignore me or outlast me in a firefight.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'll throw in another word in favor of the KV-13. It's a beautiful tank to drive. You can think of it as a T-43 with good armor. Actually, I took the KV-13 route into the IS, rather than grinding it out on my KV-1S. That's how much I loved the KV-13. Of course it helped that the IS is only 22.4k exp from the KV-13 as opposed to 49,480 exp from the KV-1S.

The KV-2 is a blast to play once you have the 152mm derp, as long as you remember to play it in a support role. If you try to slug with it, even as top tier, you're going to get royally screwed. Perhaps this is in its favor too: the KV-2 grind to the S-51 is the only time that a grind has never bothered me. I didn't even stress it, just played all the daily doubles and that 123,500 exp melted away like nothing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another reason I love my AMX 13 F3. I can rape tier 9s with it(not shown: I did around an average of 300 a hit on those m103s!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@sluissa

I'm not sure you'll like the T-43 then, since it's pretty much the definition of "more of the same" as far as stats, game style and generaly the shape of the tank go. It's fragile as hell but capable of dishing out amazing amounts of damage, just like the T-34-85.

I suggest you try it out first on the soon to come test server before commiting to the grind. Tho you might want to just get the KV-13 because that one is pretty awesome all on its own.

As for the KV-1 guns, I use the 57 personally, the DPM, accuracy and decent penetration allow me to punish anything stupid enough to think it can either ignore me or outlast me in a firefight.

I mostly just want the KV-13... but if I can push through the t-43, the higher tier mediums look tasty. I can play mediums pretty well. I love the german mediums that I've played and the M4 is one of my classic money grinding machines(second only to the KV-1). But I just could never figure out the T-34 or the 34-85. Can't explain why, just never had a good game with them. Might have been bad luck, but if so that was a LONG streak of bad luck.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just had my first "good" match in the IS-3, got my third class badge... and made a net 3,000 credits. When is this 8.6 coming out, again?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The test server should be up tommorrow I think, so the patch itself atleast 2-3 weeks after that. But don't expect much of a buff honestly, T10 tanks will get a 10% buff to profitability while lower tiers will get slightly less it seems. So the difference will only be felt in the long run since single battle earnings won't get that much higher to be felt.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I just have to put in more time with my moneymakers, then.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... i got through my Marder II "grind" (33 games are not really a grind i guess).

I got a 22% winrate on it.
I watched vids on youtube.
I didn't charge like some idiot.

But nothing ever worked out.

Even with the top gun my shells got bounced from time to time by LIGHTS.
When i decided to stand back and defend the arty a T5o just rushed in like hotrod murdered the arty managed to not get tracked after 2 hits and left me alone after literally doing a barrel roll.

Srsly...

And now after 33 games of swearing (even on the wind my team just rolled over the enemy leaving nothing for me) i got the hetzer.
Everything has changed!
First game and 4 kills.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 251