Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211349 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

You need 83% before retraining your crew becomes an effective option for credits. Otherwise, pay to get htem to 75%, or do it for free. You need a good crew with Spg's.

Really, try to get really good crews before you go up a tier. You really need good crews...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:58:45 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Matilda sale? 70000 only?  BOUGHT. I have been having so much fun tonight. My Hetzer and M8A1 have been wonderful to me, and my Pz3 has double credits so 20.000 a game if I do well.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At what tier are the SPGs going to start getting moved up during the change? I'm at the M7 Priest on the American line at the moment, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get to the next tier or if I should just stop. I get the feeling that with the upcoming nerf the American artillery is going to be utterly unplayable, since it's already pretty bad compared to any other arty.

Looks like it starts at T6, so don't be in too much of a rush:

NOW THE TREE WILL LOOK LIKE THIS:
TIER II - T57
TIER III - M37
TIER IV - M7 Priest
TIER V - M41
TIER VI - M44 (new vehicle)
TIER VII - M12 (moved from Tier VI)
TIER VIII - M40/M43 (moved from Tier VII)
TIER IX - M53/M55 (new vehicle)
TIER X - T92 (moved from Tier VIII)

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/238493-preliminary-86-update-notes/

It's worth reading the patch notes, there's a lot of interesting changes. Also, American arty shouldn't be too bad post-nerf. They'll get weaker, but they'll see weaker tanks. For example, your Priest will see tier 2s post-nerf! Arty is going to get the same matchmaking as meds/heavies now, afaik.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:42:39 am by Rex_Nex »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Been waiting on the poll sale to buy my T29, so I finally have it. I dumped 14k free exp to unlock the second gun right away and it's still painful to use. Granted, sitting hull-down on some hill makes for a great distraction, but I can hardly penetrate anything unless I'm top tier. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Looking through the list.

Artillery shots now move more 10-15% more slowly, or 50% for certain 'mortar' weapons, longer load time of 10-20%, and some other stuff that may or may not happen eventually.

I'm not sure that's actually going to fix why everyone hates artillery.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It'll raise the skill requirement, which means that only the most stubborn or the most hardcore and skilled players will continue playing it for the most part. Which will still enrage people since skilled players will find ways around the nerfs and changes.

Also bought the AMX M45 today, have most of the stuff unlocked, can't use the top gun without the turret tho. It's pretty mediocre/terrible, or it could have been the teams, or something, not sure, but I'm not entirely enjoying it tbh.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It really does require good teams, since it is definitely a support sniper heavy(that front plate isn't thick enough to really bounce anything in its tier, sloped or not, so you need range for survival). It DOES get decent tho when you are able to remount the DCA 45(which is an awesome, awesome gun; there's a reason it's an option on almost all the french heavies from tier 6 on!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not an amazing heavy by any means, but for the most part it is everything the Tiger is and more. The gun depression alone is enough for me to take it over the Tiger.

http://tank-compare.com/compare/pzkpfw-vi-tiger/amx-m41945#T1=130I103I100I156I36&T2=59I52I54I67I19
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:46:19 pm by Rex_Nex »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

- Increased income for high tier tanks (the full  list of changes will be available later in a special appendix):

For tier 10 vehicles (except of SPG) income increased in average by 10%.
    For tier  9, 8, 7, 6 vehicles (except of SPG) income also increased but not as much as for tier 10 vehicles.
- Added ‘assist’ bonus for tracking enemy: if you track enemy and enemies deal damage to it, or even destroy it, you will receive an XP bonus. Mechanism will work similarly to current damage on spotted vehicles mechanics
- Mechanism, which allows to determine what bonuses (XP, credits, frags count) who shall receive for damaging or killing tanks using physics (pushing to water or from the cliffs etc.), was added
- Added compensation mode for vehicle moving in Sniper mode (can be enabled in setting by selecting ‘Use dynamic camera’ option)

Yes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't noticed much/any of this SPG hate I keep reading here and elsewhere. I play SPG a bunch, and people are usually just helpful. Also, I haven't noticed it being OP either, unless this is just at higher tiers.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It's mostly whining in high tier matches.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

It's only OP when you're lucky.

I've noticed in my games, it's all about luck, when you're using bigger guns. To a point. I had a game where I was using a derp gun, got Reaper from killing three enemies in a row without missing in one shot. And then I ran back to base to stop a cap, and failed because I wasn't quite fast enough.

But then there's the games where I miss all 12 shots that I've been makingfiring(clarification) continually for the past two minutes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

unless this is just at higher tiers.

It mostly is. People aren't really fans of tier 6s one-shotting their t10s or missing and still doing 700+ damage.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

One thing I /do/ like is that they're tightening the bell curves so that shots will be a little less random. Slightly less shots flying out the very edge of the circle and a better chance that your shot will hit the 'average' of its stats rather than being high or low (especially since it seems to prefer 'low' way too often.)
Nothing important here, move along.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing I /do/ like is that they're tightening the bell curves so that shots will be a little less random. Slightly less shots flying out the very edge of the circle and a better chance that your shot will hit the 'average' of its stats rather than being high or low (especially since it seems to prefer 'low' way too often.)

I agree - this change coupled with some APCR/HEAT rebalances that were needed for a long time is making 8.6 look very nice.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 251