Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211366 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The graphics are actually pretty intensive. I'm pretty sure my nVidia GTX 660M works with WoT and I still drop to ~20 FPS if I set the graphics to maximum. What integrated card do you have? You might be able to get by at low settings. Oh, and the total size for my WoT folder is 14.8GB, but that might be a bit over as I have a shitload of saved screenshots and replays in there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

It is ancient, from 2004 :P

Uncharted Waters Online works smoothly on lowest settings, if it could work as comparison :P Lemme check.

S3G UniChrome IGP, or something like that.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Um. After much searching, all I could find were complaints about it not supporting games from the early '00s and the first chart on this page. The game's free, though, so you might as well give it a shot if you don't have limited monthly bandwidth or something. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I pay a fixed price each month, and bandwidth is unlimited, as far as I know :P

* Haspen will download, install and then see how it goes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I remember when I did something stupid but at the same time, unfortunate. I was in my T-46, and saw a friendly heavy tank slugging with a Matilda. Since my gun has pretty gun pen(was using the 45 mm), I decided to try and flank and help finish it off. As I come over the dune, it drops to 2% health. I fire, reticle orange, and bounce, of course. But I've been rolling down this hill, at full health, and figure ramming will at least distract it, and give cover if/when it dies from the M5 Stuart that's on the other sand dune. I ram it, we both explode. Apparently I was going pretty fast, even if two thirds of the damage goes to me due to the way weight and ramming works.

Moral of this story; ramming is last resort, not second, when fighting anything save TDs and Arty.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well the 'tilda is quite the porker. The T-46, not so much. And the bigger the weight gap the lighter tank takes more damage.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a note. For some reason world of tanks also keeps all of the old patches it downloads for the game in the game folder. Unless you have some special need of them, which is very unlikely, it's safe to delete the past patch files. Those built up for quite a while before I realized they were there. Freed up quite a bit of space.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Hey everyone, in addition to this being an awesome x5 bonus weekend with +50% credit income for all non-premium T7s, 30% off T8 tanks and T6 SPGs, 50% off equipment, and 50% off a lot of gold stuff, there's also a bonus code.

"PARADE" will get you a day of premium and a bunch of (formerly premium-only) different sorts of ration consumables, a total of 30 units.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Something to not is that if you have a bit of extra cash and want a somewhat long (about a month or so) term investment consider buying some of the T6 arties while they're on sale, like the S-51 or the GW Panther. Come 8.6 they'll be knocked up a tier giving you about half a million of profits if you choose to sell them then.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/233617-video-parody-song-contest-finalists/

Some actually pretty good parodies to come out of this contest I will admit.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Something to not is that if you have a bit of extra cash and want a somewhat long (about a month or so) term investment consider buying some of the T6 arties while they're on sale, like the S-51 or the GW Panther. Come 8.6 they'll be knocked up a tier giving you about half a million of profits if you choose to sell them then.
This. I'm getting my S-51 this weekend.

3. Run Resize Enable

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If any of you is currently driving a Jagdpanther and is unsure wether to get a Ferdinand or Jagdpanther II, what it essentially boils down to is wether you prefer armor or mobility.

But while the Ferdinand is always quite slow, the JagdpantherII can actually be quite bouncy, if properly positioned. To illustrate this point, look at this game. Tier X game, 14 hits recieved and 4630 potential damage taken. I would even go so far as to say, that a JagdpantherII in hull down position is actually harder to penetrate than a hull down Ferdinand, because most shots won't even get a penetration roll because of autobounces.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YESSSSS! My Churchill has finally moved past the Matilda gun! PENETRATING KV-1s FOR ALL!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really now, going to the churchill through the Matilda is pure Shmuck Bait. Sure it's pretty well armored, but the Valentine gets almost as much armor AND grinds all but one of the guns the churchill gets
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agh, I'm struggling with battle fatigue... Almost everytime I play, my team goes all bonkers, losses for everyone. The sov heavy and french arty grinds stall badly. Decided it was a time for a change, going for chinese medium line now. M5A1 is tough mm but pretty fun, 45mm enables me to do something at least in 50% of games imo.

And god I hate those whiners on channels... Ain't going to give them a pleasure of flaming them.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 251