Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211373 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I think I just had my best round ever. 6 kills, it came down to me and a T-34, him at 11% and me with about a third of my health left, dueling in the base circle. (The other two kills not shown were Pz IIIs)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was awesome and fun.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone else have been sandwiched? I was jumped by a trio of M5s and they bypassed shooting me completely; first zoomed past, second made a nice parking at my rear and last rammed me in full speed... :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So if anyone hasn't noticed, the changes to the Konisch turned the VK36.01H from a monster into an absolute monstrosity. It is freaking insane what this gun is capable of on such a formidable platform. One of my best matches today :

I was shot up down to 87 hp within the first minutes of the match. After that, it was pure adrenaline fueled commando action of slaughtering 9 enemy tanks. Would've made it 10 but the time ran out before I was able to get rid of the enemy Churchill.

TL;DR

GET THIS TANK IT IS FUCKING AMAZING FOR EVERYTHING!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I was originally going to get it, but I ended up hating the Pz. IV so much that I sold it around 6k exp into the T6 grind. I have to ask: 10.5cm or the top 7.5cm for the Pz. IV?

In other news I had a lot of fun with my Sherman Jumbo today. I think something like five matches in a row where I got more kills than the rest of the team combined and we lost horribly. Though I did have one ACTION SHERMAN moment where I chased a VK 30.02 D off of a cliff, landed on him, and bounced a ton of shots from his teammates while repeatedly cupola-shooting him as he futilely tried to depress his gun far enough to hit me, followed by me chasing down the Pz. IV that managed to put a beautiful cluster of five shell bounce scars on my gun mantlet.

Incidentally, does anyone else really like Pearl River? It just seems to be very well constructed, in gameplay terms.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'd say the 75mm, the 105 is too cheesy and unreliable to be to my liking. Pearl River seems nice enough, but I've been having some bad teams on it so can't really tell yet. I like that it's compact enough to allow quick relocations to either side if needed.

Also bought the Lorraine 40t again. Five matches later I've remembered why I sold it and am considering selling it again. It is a horrible moneysink, even with premium. The tank is prone to arty fire and module damage, it's very big and the gun, oh boy the gun, it is so freaking amazingly terrible it's possibly the worst thing on the tank. Horribly innaccurate and unreliable even when it hits, a freaking Pz3/4 bounced two shots for fucks sake. If they'de just allowed it to keep the long 90mm it had on T8 everything would've been fine, that gun is amazing, but no, you have to use the shitty 100mm, damned bastards.
AS - IG

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only a few games with it, but does the Konnisch on the 36.01 (H) get damaged super easily, or is it just bad luck so far?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Luck I think, I've seen quite a few ammorackings happen to it today, sometimes two in a row :I
AS - IG

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I've seen Pearl River as an artillery. I don't know how to use artillery on that map at all. Any tips?
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

What I like to do is drive just a little bit out onto the long western road and drop shells on the heavy column that almost always goes through the west half of town. I did something like 4k damage in that fashion with my Grille in a T8 match yesterday. Otherwise get in position to shell the east pass.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I love the MG on the Medium. Slaughters other mediums easily, and kills just about everything at that tier with incredible ease.

This is my third battle;

I also got teamshot for about half my health towards the beginning of the battle.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So if anyone hasn't noticed, the changes to the Konisch turned the VK36.01H from a monster into an absolute monstrosity. It is freaking insane what this gun is capable of on such a formidable platform. One of my best matches today :

I was shot up down to 87 hp within the first minutes of the match. After that, it was pure adrenaline fueled commando action of slaughtering 9 enemy tanks. Would've made it 10 but the time ran out before I was able to get rid of the enemy Churchill.

TL;DR

GET THIS TANK IT IS FUCKING AMAZING FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

You're just noticing this NOW? I've been reporting on how utterly broken the konisch is with this update :P

Seriousaly tho, the VK 3601 with the konisch is starting to threaten the amx 13f3 as my favorite tank, and it is definately in my top 3!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5x XP on the first victory on the SEA server is in effect. I have gotten a Matilda and a Pz III out of it so far.
First Impressions: I'm actually bouncing shots from Hetzers with this thing. Bouncing shots had almost never happened before, so this is awesome.
The PzIII is actually pretty damn good. Sadly I'm trapped in the unfortunate position of not enough suspension for both the new turret and the new gun, so I'm trapped with an inadequate gun.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The konisch was doing that kind of damage before, but now it's just a lot cheaper. It's actually a bit of a nerf, since its pen was lowered as well. Not having to buy gold shells to make the konisch effective is certainly an amazing change, though. Enough of an amazing change to get me back into the game after several weeks, even.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Decided to start dabbling around the early tiers again. Does anyone know how the British TDs handle?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

All I have to say is that British TDs are delectable little treats for my Pz. I C to nom on.

They've got fairly good armor once you hit T5, but those have all got a large and relatively easy to hit target in the form of the cupola, as well as various lesser weakpoints (mostly the side and rear hatches). If you're up against someone who doesn't out-tier you, victory will usually come down to whether or not they're clever enough to aim for your cupola. All of this is speaking from experience gained fighting them, mind you.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 251