Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211450 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If you haven't already reached the KV-1, your ideal route from the T-34 would likely to shunt from the 34-85 into the KV-13 (which is absolutely awesome), as it will let you jump over into the IS as well as cutting the research cost of the T-43 to roughly 40% of what it would have been if you went straight 34-85 to 43.

That aside, the KV-13 is basically the T-43 with better armor and less exp-intensive modules.

And as above, KV-1 ÜBER ALLES.

Incidentally, tell your friend to make sure to go for the M8A1 branch of the U.S. TD tree. It, the T49, and the Hellcat are all good in their own rights, as well as being superior to the lower branch equivalents. Hell, the T49 is practically an overgunned scout tank. Once you max the engine you can hit 60kph easily, and it has fairly fast acceleration combined with good traverse speed (for a TD). Past that things start to even out, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

So...I have the T-46...and I hate it. A lot. But I need it to get to the T-50. Suggestions?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

It's a bit faster than its peers, IIRC. Use that fact to your advantage. Find the best hiding spots, get there first, and snipe. If you get spotted, haul ass somewhere else.
Nothing important here, move along.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, T-46 is all speed 'n gun.

Just... pop things. If you're having trouble with that, the autocannon can help. IIRC it can 1-clip all of its peers, the problem being that it doesn't do squat to tier 6s and some tier 5s.

Otherwise, yea. Find a nice position and snipe. You can also let the battle unfold and use your speed to flank, but low tier battles are usually too fast to react to those kinds of openings.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for clearing that up, it did seem that the T-34 had a few more upgrade options... I did read that you needed the ZIS-4 to actually play it properly... I also just saw that after the Russian tank's turret is upgraded it actually has similar armor values so there's that I missed. What was throwing me off about the rate of fire was the stock Type T-34 has a faster firing gun to the T-34's stock one.
It's just the stock guns which are different (Type starts with the F-34, while the F-34 gun is the second gun for the T-34, so Type has a better stock gun) but the top gun is exactly the same, with same rate of fire. Most tanks are not really good stock anyway.
I recommend the T-34-85, it's one of my favorite tank. No real armor (same as T-34 for hull), but a good gun, good accuracy, very mobile. It's a good flanker/sniper. The T-43 on the other hand, isn't great (same gun as T-34-85, it's a bit lacking for its tier).

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't the T-34-85 have the same paper armor as the T-34? It seems like at a tier that high everyone else will be able to just punch right through you with no problems.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's pretty thin. That's another reason why I decided to avoid that line as long as I could. Not looking forward to the T-43 at all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't the T-34-85 have the same paper armor as the T-34? It seems like at a tier that high everyone else will be able to just punch right through you with no problems.
The hull is the same, but the turret is more armored, so you can use it to bounce shots. But it has great speed and agility, and you can flank other tanks and shoot them while they are distracted, while they can't react. It's a flanking tank, you don't take other people head on, never rarely. I've had several kills and thousands of damage without being shot once (and armor doesn't matter if you're not shot). Eventually, I can use my hp to finish a tank and take a few shots.
I don't know what other tanks you have played, but I find that russians medium tanks (I've not played the higher tiers though) are just way better played that way. They're not tanky at all, you can try to use your armor in certain cases, but in general, it's just better to avoid shots unless you're sure you can crush the enemy.
The T-43 on the other hand, has pretty good armor, sloped, decent speed (but still not as agile as T-34-85), and the same gun. IMO, it's a downgrade, I'd rather have no armor and speed (ELC  :D ). But speed tanks are harder to use, the Jumbo is probably an easier medium.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Actually the T-43 is near identical in stats to the T-34-85. Slightly better turret shape, same RoF, maybe a bit smaller and pretty much the same mobility. It's horrible before you get the turret and tracks for the top 85mm gun, but after that it's pure joy to play.

Like PanH said, you don't have armour because you don't need it if you're playing the tank right, same goes for the Easy 8. You use mobility and your crazy good gun to flank and murder people before they get to respond.

T-44 on the other hand is slightly wierder for me since it's a better brawler and much smaller than most tanks I usually play, but the downside is it's low DPM, something I need to find an answer for because the T-54 seems to be like that too.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

wow nice :)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually the T-43 is near identical in stats to the T-34-85. Slightly better turret shape, same RoF, maybe a bit smaller and pretty much the same mobility. It's horrible before you get the turret and tracks for the top 85mm gun, but after that it's pure joy to play.
I'm not sure, but I think it has slighty worse passability. Also, since it has a different and new turret, the accuracy and Rof of the gun is increased. (something like 0.5s, I've observed with 100%crew, it's 4.5s instead of 5s). My only issue with it is the penetration, against tier 9 and some tier 8, it can be a real problem. IMO, its increases in stats just aren't enough for the tier+1.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Honestly I've only had trouble when I was too ballsy/stupid with it and when it was stock without any upgrades. Other than that the tank was a joyride that I breezed trough, so I guess it's just a matter of preference. The 3002DB for example has similar stats on most accounts but it's just a horrible tank to drive with few if any redeeming features.

Also a heads-up, their database seems to have been compromised so you should probably change your password, and to make things awesomer they're giving out 300 gold to anyone who changes it.
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last I checked, the T-44's DPM is actually quite nice for a T8 med... not the best, I think that is the Panther II (and soon it'll be the new Indienpanzer), but better/on par with the rest of its peers.

I mean, unless you're using the 122mm. Then your DPM drops to unfathomably low levels. Don't use the 122mm :(

I'm not sure, but I think it has slighty worse passability. Also, since it has a different and new turret, the accuracy and Rof of the gun is increased. (something like 0.5s, I've observed with 100%crew, it's 4.5s instead of 5s). My only issue with it is the penetration, against tier 9 and some tier 8, it can be a real problem. IMO, its increases in stats just aren't enough for the tier+1.

The T-43 has better terrain passability but a worse HP:Ton ratio, so all in all the mobility is about identical.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love the french arty... My best games have been with LAM. Hearing the curses of someone with T6 heavy is somewhat satisfying. Ain't expecting to make much a dent to anything, but this far my teamies have been pretty good at exploiting the initial confusion that comes with coming under indirect fire. Haven't yet died to counter-arty, lights have been occasionally murder.

By the way, I was wondering wether to take 105 or longer 75 with hetz?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Actually the P2 will remain the DPM king since the Indien Pz. has a sligthly lower RoF while having the same damage. Gets more pen tho. And yeah, did some checking, the top 100mm gun is on par with the others, second only to the Panther 2 and the Pershing. Oh well, it'll take a bit of time to get to it but I think it's gonna be worth it :)
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 251