Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211526 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who loved the T-34-85 but absolutely hates the T-43?

I know It's not fully upgraded yet but that's not the source of my rage, I can manage low pen guns just fine, what pissess me off is the fact that every single damn shot will score a crit. Especially enraging is getting hit next to the drivers hatch and catching fire, what the flying fuck are they filling this tank with?!?!

Even more fun is getting critted by a random scout, forcing me to spend a kit to fix or heal whatever was broken only to get that same thing broken on the next shot.

Seriously considering WAR/CO2T on this thing along with a toolbox or the cyclone thing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Is the T-43 really that bad? Because I adore the KV-13, and I'm going to have to transition through T-43 to reach higher tiers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Discovered something cool, if your engine gets shot while your moving and you don't let go of forward key your tank will coast unpowered while your engine repairs. Didn't even know that was a thing.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yep. Of course, that can have unintended consequences as well...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like you not releasing A before getting out of the tank and almost being crushed while your tank carefully exposes its rear armour to the enemy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

You don't have to hold A IIRC, just don't hit S or the breaks or anything. Also being parked on an incline with a dead engine will allow you to crawl downhill if you press any movement keys, useful if you're on top of a ridge and getting shot at.

And the T-43 isn't bad as a whole, it's great with it's top gun and able to dish out amazing amounts of damage, it's just so prone to critical damage that you shouldn't get shot at at all because even the smallest damage can easily cripple you and ruin your game. Also grinding out 14k of xp on a T7 tank with a 120 gun can be a real pain, especially if you're thrown against T9 tanks.
AS - IG

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wait, getting my games mixed up, this isn't the PS2 thread :D

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^lol

Anyways, what IS it about being top tank that causes everyone to cluster up behind you, even if your tank is best at sniping from the second line?(Talking about my AMX M4)? I yelled twice for everyone behind me to move up while I support, but was just flat-out ignored. After being picked apart from sniper fire due to being the lead tank in the pack, I even asked why the guys with heavier armor were hiding behind a tank with ~90mm thick frontal armor(Even sloped as it is that's still paper thin for tier 7). Morons  >:(
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Lemmings.

Just hope you're not the flag they choose to follow.

I usually go the opposite direction of the lemming trains, this has caused me to be very unfamiliar with certain parts of some maps, like say the city part of Highway, I go there once in every 10 or so games, mostly because EVERYBODY in my team rushes it (especially if we're on the south side) despite my frequent warnings and pleas for help.

The "told you" part when they get picked apart and the flank I tired to hold alone falls is pretty satisfying in that superiority complex stroking way. (gotta find the fun in something eh :D)
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really hate how they will blatantly ignore the fact that if they stay put we'll lose. 1 guy on an entire flank, I'm the leading guy on other flank. Entire team is doing the lemming behind me. Ask people to go back... nothing. "Guys, two tier 9s are pushing up against him, T32 can you return?"... silence.

I guess that's not too bad. Could always be with that one guy that yells "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY, YO" in all chat while having 122's shoved up his rear end.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I got to put in about 2 hours. This game can be frustrating at times, but it's a lot of fun. The Pz3A is absolute shit unupgraded though, it's so bad I wanted to punch a kitten. I should have bought an M3 light instead.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing you should note is the Pz IIIa's excellent speed and agility, which you should put to good use. This isn't a tank for standing still, this is for only stopping briefly to take a shot, and then moving in a shoot-and-scoot style that's a signature of all the early German mediums. They're fairly mobile, but not all that armored, so use their mobility to your advantage.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I really hate how fickle the luck is. One match I'm having 300+ ping lagspikes in my T-43 and I manage to solo an IS, and proceed to finish off a low health IS-3, Lowe, T69 and an ARL before being killed by one of the two remaining tanks.

Next match the ping goes back to normal but that doesn't stop me being murdered by 3+ tanks I cannot see the moment I peek out of cover.
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably the 4th game now I"ve managed 5 kills with the UC 2pdr...  Top gun still eludes me.

It is very fun being at the bottom of the list though, and having 5 out of the 6 kills currently on the board.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm warming up to the Pz3A. I scrounged and got the 5 cm gun, and it can actually do damage now. It doesn't have the 60km/h it had, but hey, it's pretty good now.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 251