Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211567 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1860 on: February 25, 2013, 04:52:54 pm »

Flying Dice, Don't give up on the Covenanter. It may be a bit hard to play at first, but bear in mind it works best as a flanker and opportunist. Wait until the enemy is busy, then pop out and unload your full clip from the Bofors in their rears   ;D. These tactics will serve you well when you get the Crusader, which is more of the same, and ESPECIALLY the Cromwell, which is a very deadly and fast flanker with the Vickers 75HV

Speaking of which, I also took advantage of the sale and finished the grind through my Crusader, so I'm the proud owner of a cromwell. Now, I have a really hard decision to make: Get the Meteor engine, or grab the upgraded turret for the 75s(I alreadt had them researched on the Churchill)? The Cromwell has decent mobility on the stock engine, but hills really kill it. On the other hand, the 6-pounder, while awesome on the Crusader, stops being adequate when you see tier 7&8s regularly...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1861 on: February 25, 2013, 04:54:33 pm »

Get the turret first, you can snipe from afar until you get the engine to really go and brawl.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:33 pm »

I'm sorry I said bad things about the Churchill I. Upgraded guns on that thing really help out a lot.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 25, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »

Eh, the 75HV is veeery nice, but the gun depression on it really killed it for me for the Churchill.

Edit: Welp decided to go with engine and the 3.7" howitzer to blow out the backs of people :P

Edit Edit:....Or put through the driver's hatches on type-58s :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:25:28 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 25, 2013, 06:03:10 pm »

On a different note, I gotta say now that I've gotten the best engine for the VK3601, it's actually not all that bad, if still a little sluggish to turn. What's up with german mediums being so damn immobile?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 25, 2013, 06:13:31 pm »

Bouncinium is rather heavy, and most of them are made of it, especially the VK3601H.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 25, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »

true, I HAVE bounced a wide variety of shots in it(and it's my only non-heavy to nab steel wall!)

The most trollish shot I've bounced? the long 88 from a tiger. He called hack on that one, even though he later blew me up(couldn't move as I was desperately capping).

Speaking of tiger, can't wait to get one. I mean, the short 88 is pretty cool on the VK, but it just doesn't have the penetration I need(I'm just about to go back to the long 75 because of all the frustrating bounces)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »

So apparently the true calling of the Covenanter is surprise. That T49 certainly wasn't expecting to go cliff-diving.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:49 pm »

lol. Yeah, the best way to get kills in the covenanter is to pop out from behind a rock behind somebody and unload you clip into them

Hey Flying Dice if you want you can platoon with me to grind the Covenanter and Crusader

Edit: Also, channel is up (search Bay12 Games)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:28:57 pm by tryrar »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 25, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »

Once again, the Stug comes through for me. It was just one of those perfect games. 15 shots, 15 hits, 12 penetrations, 6 kills. Several of them one shot kills from full health. Even had a M4 charge at me and I managed to bounce two shots from him after I only took him down about 3/4 with the first shot, tracked him with the second and finally killed him with the third. got Ace Tanker, Top Gun, Sniper and Sharpshooter.(I believe that was it, going from memory at the moment).

Games like that remind me why I keep it around despite it's typically low payout amounts and that i've already got it elited.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 25, 2013, 08:41:20 pm »

that's with the derp on the stug right?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 25, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »

Have I mentioned how comically oversized the DCA 45 looks on the ARL? It's a gun that, by itself, is approximately the same length of the entire tank!

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:21 pm »

I think the Panthers final gun is longer than the tank itself.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 25, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »

Yep, 105mm on the Stug. I switch between it and the long 75mm pretty regularly, but I tend to have more luck with the 105 even if it tends to be less effective against higher tier enemies.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 26, 2013, 12:21:41 am »

I just had a moment that would probably be worthy of a screenshot caption contest if I had had my finger on the print screen key.

So heavily damaged in my Covenanter (though with two kills I was happy), tracked in a little dip on the eastern side of that one desert valley map. A M4 and M7 are charging down towards me, and I'm in sniper mode to hopefully put shots into one of them. The M7 jumps over the lip of the depression, drifting slightly as he flies through the air towards me, traversed a bit to make the comparison to one of those "feet up behind you while jumping into water" photographs even more apt. I empty my shells into his underside just before he lands on me, and got the brilliant image of that M7 aiming right at me as it soared through the air, up close and personal through the gunsights.

XD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 251