Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211571 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1845 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38:26 pm »

Good goddamn people are morons tonight. Just now a T28 just reported a ferdie on the other team for hacking...all because the ferdie seemed to hit him for 700 damage. The much more likely scenario is that he was hit by several tanks at the same time the ferdie shot him
More likely to me, he hit the ammo rack and the dead guy didn't realize it.

IIRC the 128 on the Ferdinand is capable of doing 700 damage maximum I think, or was it the longer 128 from the JTiger?

Nope, maximum seems to be 600-ish
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1846 on: February 24, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »

Tips for the 3/4? Trash it it sucks ass

Edit: Seriously though, get he best gun and snipe. You ain't good for anything else really
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 24, 2013, 01:47:59 pm »

Yeah, I am working up to the 3601, and in hindsight probably should have gone for the IV. Ah well...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 24, 2013, 01:57:16 pm »

PZ4 isn't much better, all it has going for it is the derp(and the spaced armor on the turret), and so far the VK3601 isn't worth it to me. Seriously, it seems the germans have the WORST mediums in the game
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 24, 2013, 02:12:53 pm »

I had good luck playing the III/IV just like I would play the M4 Sherman. Also use angling to your advantage. Never face anyone head on if possible. Give them the corner of your armor to look at. I bounced a lot more shots that way. The III/IV is just another Zippy medium and the only real downside I could come up with worse than any other similar medium is that it's depression was pretty terrible. In city maps it was great though. Middle tier mediums in general though just seem pretty average. Not great, not terrible. To me, they rely more on skill and teamwork than other types of tanks. Heavies can get by with just sheer armor and firepower. Lights get by with luck and sneakiness, but mediums, you have to pick the right time and the right situation and if possible work together in a wolf pack. A well organized group of mediums can be the most dangerous thing in this game as they can usually take on pretty much anything the MM throws against them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:18:47 pm by sluissa »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 24, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »

A derp M4, while situational, is also damned scary to anything remotely close-tier to it. Just putting that out there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 24, 2013, 02:37:37 pm »

I sometimes play the PzIII/IV as a flanker, going passively with the main push of heavies until an opportunity to break through and get at the enemy heavies from behind presents itself. It can win an otherwise doomed push, even in tier VII fights, assuming your team knows what's happening.

It still does well working with other mediums, and I'd say it's better than the PzIV. The temptation may be to play it like a scout, but it just doesn't have the damage to brawl well. Also, it has crazy good incline driving, allowing it to easily drive up mountains into to some odd areas to snipe from.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 24, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »

I'm not sure the reaction I'll get when I ask this, but how many slots do people around here have for tanks? I have 14 myself and I've never paid for any of them. I've got 5 slots that aren't even in use and I still have more tanks than I care to play with on a regular basis. So, I'm curious what exactly is considered a "waste of a slot" by keeping a tank.

~35 slots, all of them are full, so I guess keeping some tanks can be considered a waste of a slot... although I really can't see why anyone would need more than 40 slots, there just isn't that many fun and unique tanks.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 24, 2013, 08:28:44 pm »

I wish I had more slots for tanks. I can barely keep around all the ones I actually do like.

In other news, was playing a KV-1 with the shitty stock gun because I'm poor. I find an AMX 40. We proceed to ding each other for 5 minutes while I attempt to ram him to death. Eventually, I succeed.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 24, 2013, 08:48:42 pm »

So, this being Brit week, I decided to finally get my Cromwell. After about 45 minutes I reached the Covenanter, and now I want to gouge my eyes out. That thing is painful to play.

3. Run Resize Enable

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 24, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »

That tank stopped my journey up that line as well. Oddly enough I think the stock gun is the best bet... But still painful.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:35 pm »

Is there any reason whatsoever to continue going up the French light/medium line? I struggled through the AMX12t, but the AMX 13 75 looks as bad, if not worse since it'll be matched against higher tier opponents. In fact nothing on that line looks good going up except that I know the batchat can deal some painful damage in some cases. I rarely see any tanks on that line anymore. Seems like everyone stops at the ELC these days and focus on the heavy line.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 24, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »

I've seen a decent number of higher-tier French lights. I can't really say that they're any good, as I tend to kill them pretty much any time I see them. Much more so than the high-tier Chinese lights, at any rate.

As for the Covenanter, I decided to pick up the last gun, and it is slightly less terrible than the others. Still going to be a long haul to Crusader, but I've got all the modules so it will be as painless as possible in this pile of junk.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 25, 2013, 08:55:54 am »

The 12t is terrible, 13 75 is terrible, 13 90 is okay, lorraine is terrible, batchat is great. It's a rough grind.

Picked up my 5th endtier today, the final Russian medium (T-62A)... although I only had time for 20 matches or so. I could review it for an hour, but in short it's good. My damage per game is about 3,100 with it so far, albeit I've had no luck with winning. Lots of 4k damage losses.

Winning in a tier 10 is really difficult without a full platoon, because you get put up against platoons of really good players more than ever. Plus, tons of arty. Even if you're the best player in the game, one penning t7/8 shell will pop you instantly. On the plus side, I make a lot of cash in my 62A. You'd think a tier 10 with a spamcannon would cost an arm and a leg to run, but I usually make between 5-15k even on losses.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:57:30 am by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 25, 2013, 09:45:01 am »

Seriously?

I've played it a bunch on the test servers and enjoyed it immensly but even with premium it was har pressed to earn cash, mostly because the sheels are pricey while being low in damage.

How do you do it?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 251