Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211572 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1830 on: February 24, 2013, 01:50:12 am »

Goddamn the VK3601 turns like a beached whale on any sort of upslope(or any slope in general)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1831 on: February 24, 2013, 07:25:41 am »

Gotta balance out that good armor/gun/speed/size/HP combo somehow.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 24, 2013, 07:30:42 am »

It's not that bad once you elite it and get some decent crew in there. Eat shots, shoot shit, don't give a fuck while you wipe the floor with anything stupid enough to challenge you 1v1.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:37 am »

Spoiler: Welp we lose (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OR NOT (click to show/hide)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 24, 2013, 07:43:09 am »

Leaked upcoming tank pics ho!

First the M60 Patton, seems to be made for a 3rd USA Medium line:

And a T10 German Heavy based on the Lowe:
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 24, 2013, 11:48:15 am »

I'm not sure the reaction I'll get when I ask this, but how many slots do people around here have for tanks? I have 14 myself and I've never paid for any of them. I've got 5 slots that aren't even in use and I still have more tanks than I care to play with on a regular basis. So, I'm curious what exactly is considered a "waste of a slot" by keeping a tank.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 24, 2013, 11:53:50 am »

I have 16-17 IIRC, never spent cash on any of them but I did spend some bonus code gold on two I belive, the others are all from playing the system and various switches and bonus codes that gave you free tanks.

A waste of a slot IMHO is when you have a tank that you're not playing, either because you've elited it and have no reason to play it (it's just not that fun) or you're not playing it at all since you find it too horrible.

Anything that gets atleast some playtime because it's fun or you just like some aspect of it is reason enough to keep it, especially if you have room to spare.
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 24, 2013, 12:11:14 pm »

I have 23 slots, all the extra ones have been free in some way.

Most get at least some use out of. My Valentine doesn't but shes Kept for sentimental reasons, she was the tank I got for signing up for World of Tanks. (Back in closed beta where they were having signups where you got a premium tank) So I've had her longer then the game has been out and has kinda become the flagship(Flagtank?) of my Garage, no matter how far I get, no matter how the rest of my Garage turns out, she will always be there. I could have a bunch of tier 10s and be doing clan wars daily but my Valentine will always be there. (Lyk dis if u cry evrtym)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 24, 2013, 12:14:46 pm »

Good goddamn people are morons tonight. Just now a T28 just reported a ferdie on the other team for hacking...all because the ferdie seemed to hit him for 700 damage. The much more likely scenario is that he was hit by several tanks at the same time the ferdie shot him
More likely to me, he hit the ammo rack and the dead guy didn't realize it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

I've got 13. I bought one or two a long time ago, but that's about it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 24, 2013, 12:32:27 pm »

I still have the base 7.
Nothing important here, move along.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 24, 2013, 01:06:33 pm »

gfh^$#%$#%#$^%$#^$#@!!! This VK is starting to piss me off. I'm trying to hold out for the best engine upgrade, but the mobility(or lack thereof) is starting to kill it for me. It really doesn't play like a medium, but more like a sluggish heavy without the guns to match
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 24, 2013, 01:15:41 pm »

It's funny, that's exactly what the PzIV felt like to me. Except with the addition of shit armor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 24, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »

Don't remind me. Until I had it fully upgraded, I was about to write off the PZ4 and the entire german medium line..AGAIN

Edit: What would also help is GETTING A GOOD TEAM. I've gotten nothing but shit teams for the last 3 HOURS

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »

Any tips for the III/IV? I am having trouble figuring out how best to play it...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 251