Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211561 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1815 on: February 23, 2013, 08:13:08 am »

I kinda know all that, but thanks :P

The problem I'm having now is it seems EVERY TIME I PLAY today, I end up being the only guy on an entire flank, which naturally doesn't end well. I'm just about ready to chuck my computer through a window, since I'm trying to grind enough credits for the best 75 on the VK3601(the konisch is fun, but eats credits like no tomorrow -_-), and it's kinda tough when I'm averaging 3000 credits a game right now  >:(
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1816 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:30 pm »

So. I've got 38.3k exp on my KV-1S and 8.2k free exp, and I'll be at the 53.3k for the KV-13 pretty soon. I was planning on getting it first and using it to bridge to IS (because it's only 22k from the KV-13 as opposed to 50k from the KV-1S). I also like the looks of the KV-13, at least according to the available stats. Is there any secret weakness that would make this a bad idea?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 23, 2013, 07:41:42 pm »

Giddyup.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 23, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »

That poor arty.

Just had a bizarre game in my KV-2. 4 kills , Reaper, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner. One shot for each kill (including one straight to the MG mount of a KV-1S, which pissed the guy off quite a bit), plus a 2/3 health hit on a JagdPzIV. We lost. Why? I was the only person on my team to get a kill. I also got more exp than 3/4 of the enemy team. o.0

3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 23, 2013, 08:16:38 pm »

I just had a KV-2 match like that a few minutes ago. 4 kills and reaper on fisherman's bay. I was the only heavy to go town, and was able to take out a TD and medium without taking much of a beating, when suddenly the KV-2's dreaded nemesis showed up... the ELC AMX. After a lovely dance that looked like a bear chasing a duck, I managed to ram him into a wall and trap him there, parallel to my tracks. I knew there was still an M6 around, so I just left him sitting next to me for about 5 minutes while I waited. After the M6's curiosity got the best of him and he got derped, I killed the ELC with splash off the wall. It felt so good.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 23, 2013, 09:48:50 pm »

Damn I'm gonna miss the ARL's front plate when I "upgrade" to the M4. I just held of 3 IS's long enough on the south flank on Fjords for heavy support to arrive and tear them apart from both sides. I counted 6 bounces and only 2 hits before that happened!(didn't survived ultimately, but hey!)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:31 pm »

I'm loving the ELC AMX just as much as I thought I would. It's wonderful playing like a kitty: weave back and forth until you're right up against the tracks of a high-tier heavy, then rub back and forth evading it until it goes insane. Even better if you're distracting it while your team pounds away at it. :3

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 23, 2013, 11:16:10 pm »

Good goddamn people are morons tonight. Just now a T28 just reported a ferdie on the other team for hacking...all because the ferdie seemed to hit him for 700 damage. The much more likely scenario is that he was hit by several tanks at the same time the ferdie shot him

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 23, 2013, 11:18:39 pm »

If you can avoid the urge to just GO FAST ALL THE TIME. Which I will admit is hard to do in the ELC, it plays very well as a TD as well and can do some serious damage. It has a slightly poor aim time and accuracy and poor load time on the big gun, but if you're careful, use cover(easy to do with the low profile) and fight the urge to dance around on your oh so agile legs, then you can be a serious threat that most people won't look towards. You run around willy nilly in the open field, you attract attention. You hide behind a hill and make yourself hard to aim at, people won't tend to want to aim at you, even if you're dealing damage. They're much more apt to fire on that much larger profile heavy with the bigger gun.

Now, on the other hand, if there is anything more fun than making a tank drift, I've yet to be exposed to it. And there are those few tanks out there, normally big, heavy, intimidating tanks, that if you get up close and personal, can't even hit you because you're a pancake.

For my part, I simply got tired of going out there, every time and only getting one, maybe two shots off before everything went kablooey. I'm given a full load of ammo, darned if I'm not going to try to use most of it. At least when I don't succumb to the urge to dance.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:44 pm »

Though, you gotta be careful getting close to those big heavy tanks. I've seen ELCs destroyed just because the heavy backed up over it :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:44 am »

So I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my KV-1S. I've only got ~300k creds until I can buy my KV-13, and I plan to unlock the IS through that route. So I've got nothing else to unlock for the KV-1S, and while it can be fun it is also taking up a slot, and it isn't massively profitable. Thoughts?

3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 24, 2013, 12:36:04 am »

As long as you've got the 122mm guns unlocked, just sell it. Take a break from that type of tank. Keep it, you'll likely burn out on it and the IS really is just more of the same. The 1S is nice and effective, but there are better uses of your time and credits unless you just absolutely love the tank and never want to let it go. Of course, I've not tried the KV-13, so I have no idea how similar to the 1S or the IS it is.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 24, 2013, 12:51:15 am »

I've heard some praise for the KV-13, and it has higher specific power, hull traverse, radio range, and turret traverse than the T-43. It also uses the same engine as the KV-1S, rather than forcing you to drop 36k exp to get up to 600h.p.

3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 24, 2013, 12:54:49 am »

Its armor looks good too, but the gun isn't great. I would try it out before selling the 1S, in case you really hate it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38:08 am »

It has the same top gun as the T-43, the other T7 Soviet medium.

Also, I just played a few matches with it. Everything stock except the engine and the gun, and the latter is only the second shitty T5 76mm. I had an absolute blast. The second match was a T8 one, and I ended up damaging 6 enemies (including ~50% health on a T34 culminating in an engine fire that someone else stole, as well as a kill on a SU-152) without taking a single hit. I can hit my (quite nice) speed limit quickly, and it is fairly agile even with the stock tracks. In other words, it plays like an excellent medium, as it should, enough so that I was enjoying it even with a gun three tiers below the match. No regrets whatsoever. :))

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 251