Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211547 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1785 on: February 20, 2013, 05:44:39 am »

Hey Rex thanx for the platoon I'm feeling MUCH better about my Pz4 now!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1786 on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:02 pm »

I got so fed up with the PzIV that I just sold the damned thing without unlocking either VK. It's possibly the most frustrating tank I've played, except for the AMX 40 before the derp.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 20, 2013, 01:15:29 pm »

Yeah, I hear you, you're really dependent on your teamates in this due to being more of a support medium. At least, until you grab the 10.5cm.

Heh, when the DCA 45 on the ARL decides to behave, it's a wonderful thing. 4 kills, at least 1 shot on almost 2/3s the entire enemy team, and I really do feel I was the key to victory. We were on encounter on Malinovka(ugh) with me as top tank, so I decided to go up hill and block. Well, the other team sends most of their forces up hill, and it's only me, a vk, another medium, and a light. They of course reach windmill first(we spawned on east side) so I play smart; hulldown and using the ARL's excellent gun depression to expose as little of my tank as possible(while not optimal, this does induce more misses that trying to use my front plate to bounce the shots!), and calmly putting shots straight through their turrets while the mediums prevent them from rushing out behind the windmill. After hill evaporates, its just mopup from there(though I feel  I could have gotten more kills, those long range shots can be kinda picky with the DCA 45)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 20, 2013, 01:21:17 pm »

What are you guys talking about?

The PZ4 is one of the most fun mediums I've played, especially after the rework, the top 75 is pure joy to shoot with while the 105 is kinda fun with HEAT, but mostly frustrating since it tends to miss.

Seriously, if I wasn't on a break I'd gladly grind out all your PZ4's :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 20, 2013, 01:37:08 pm »

I'm not saying I'm not having fun in this thing; it's really grown on me, and you're right about the top 75(now that I have a crew approaching 85% at least) though it can sometimes have some random misses. Haven't unlocked the 105 yet(working on it!)

My next decision though is VK3001P or VK3601H. I'm leaning towards the H due to the Konisch gun

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:37 pm »

depends if you want Tiger or Panther first, really. and of course the vk36 is heavier so has better armour and is probably slower.

the majority of the t6 vks are 36's, though i dont know if that's because they're better or if there's just a lot of people who want the tiger.

The konisch isn't that great, tbh. even though its such a high tier, you're far better off taking the most expensive gun, i've found. you lose some pen but the increase in damage is pretty stupid.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 20, 2013, 01:46:30 pm »

Yeah, the Konisch is kinda fun with gold ammo but not for much else, the 36 shines with the 88 tho, hands down one of the best if not the best tanks of T6 (the KV-1S cowers before a competent 36). The 3001P isn't all that good since it's big, poorly armoured and until you get the engines isn't all that mobile, still not sure what it's supposed to do. The 3001H on the other hand is extremely mobile and an excelent sniper with the 75 or a pretty good brawler with the 105/88.
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 20, 2013, 02:44:10 pm »

I've seen replays of the 36 with the konisch using gold. It was a complete trollfest

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:36 pm »

Hey Rex thanx for the platoon I'm feeling MUCH better about my Pz4 now!

No problem!

Yea, the Konisch is pretty overpowered. Albeit you'll leak cash like no tomorrow, since AP is completely ineffective in it.

I'd go 3601H myself. It's only missing out on turning and top speed, the acceleration is great and it's nice to have actual armor =)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 20, 2013, 04:46:57 pm »

FFS how does a 122 shot from an IS bounce off a t-50 at a 90 degree angle!?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 20, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »

T-50s are deceptively bouncy. I've had a few shots ping that I never would have expected.
Nothing important here, move along.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 20, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »

FFS how does a 122 shot from an IS bounce off a t-50 at a 90 degree angle!?

Replay =D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 21, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »

So. This weekend, the daily 1st victory bonus? x5.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »

I saw that and nearly had to change my pants. Dis gon b gud.

Unfortunately, I can't get any of the special deal vehicles. Even the T-50-2 is just out-of-reach.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 21, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »

Heh, you silly 'murricans and your good weekend deals :P
Tho the EU community has stepped up it's game as of late.

Anyways, here with some wierd rumors, there will be a new T10 German Heavy apparently, based off of the Leichter Lowe model, 150mm gun and loads of armor it seems. Also a slightly more confirmed rumor (as in real ingame model was seen) of a new USSR T10 medium, the Object-907. Armored and Sloped as a freaking pole dancer with a possiblity of a 122mm gun on it too.

Linky to the second thing: http://ftr-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/02/leaked-object-907-will-be-implemented.html
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 251