Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211550 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1770 on: February 18, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »

Welp, around 500xp away from PZIV, so I'm gonna call it a night and pick it up tommorrow(still have around 200k or so credits to grind for it...but that's why I rebought the KV for!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1772 on: February 19, 2013, 12:14:40 am »

If only you were a T92 D:

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 19, 2013, 03:45:19 am »

I saw three TOGs doing that in a match on airfield. None of them got any kills, but it was hilarious.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 19, 2013, 04:35:13 am »

That actually can provide a fair bit of extra speed to the tank being pushed.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 19, 2013, 05:16:00 am »

At the same time you're reducing the speeds of 3 or 4 vehicles to about 1/3 of their normal speed, so it's not a great trade methinks. Unless you've got absolutely nothing better to do with that time, I wouldn't recommend pushing around TOGs or T95s.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:03 am »

Not to mention you'd have to be a in a rather beefy vehicle yourself to affect a T95 in any real way. They are kinda heavy

Edit: Got back onto the test server to see what the changes for the Luchs will be like, and HOLY SHIT that new 3cm autocannon it gets is nasty! almost 100 average pen, 30 average damage(pretty high for a burstfire autocannon!) and 5 round clip. Each shot fires about 2-3 shells, so imagine getting behind a kv and unloading an entire clip on him for about 150 damage then rolling away in the Luchs' still awesome acceleration, maneuverability, and speed! With something like that, I don't even mind Luchs getting scout MM(it's a better scout than the Leopard anyways, since it doesn't bleed nearly as much speed on turns) since there are tier 8s this thing can hurt from behind
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:50:26 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1777 on: February 19, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

I got my world of tanks t-shirt today.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 19, 2013, 09:48:27 pm »

So. A Himmelsdorf map down to me, a Grille, a T40, and a Hetzer against a KV-1S, a KV-1, a Matilda, and a JagdPzIV. I'm in my JgdPzIV.

Me: "Does the 1S have the long 122?"

"Yes" "Yes" "Yes"

The Hetzer dies stupidly, as does the Grille. The T40 does some damage and dies. I pop the JagdPzIV. I'm poked around the back of the big trainhouse and take a shot at the 1S as it comes around the corner and quickly back off, planning to lure it past the corner where I can track it and kill it without it getting a shot in. Well, that works perfectly. Except that the KV-1 comes through the door behind me. I kill the 1S, push out to finish the Matilda so that it doesn't take me from behind, planning to get out of the KV-1's line of sight. I die in the process.

Guess what I got to see? THE 1S HAD THE FUCKING TERRIBLE STOCK GUN. I could have completely won the match if a bunch of morons on my team hadn't lied to me for no reason (or at least stood a better chance of winning). WHY!? RAEG.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 20, 2013, 02:27:58 am »

PZ4 IS UTTER RAEG. WHAT THE HELL DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MORE THAN DOUBLE DIGIT XP?!?!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 20, 2013, 03:11:16 am »

Spam HEAT =)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:09 am »

The PzIV has this weird aura about that causes everyone and their grandmother within 4 miles to desperately charge into it for the free kill... it's a bit like the T-28, or the KV-2 (if the first shot didn't scare them shitless). As a result, you really need to hang out with teammates and keep solid cover, only engaging enemies that are distracted and turned away. Pretty much every arty can one shot you, and again, keep in mind that they're desperate to do so... there can be a T-50 circling an arty, and they'll still be like, "OOH, PZIV!"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 20, 2013, 03:29:34 am »

that'd be great advice...if I had the 105 already. I only JUST unlocked the SECOND 75 and don't even have the second turret unlocked yet, much less the tracks!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 20, 2013, 03:35:19 am »

If you're on the US server, I could always try pumping some wins into you to make it go by quicker! If not, guh. Not really sure, I don't have much luck with stock tanks either.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 20, 2013, 03:39:24 am »

hit me up on the server then (I'm US server definately)

I'm just lucky I had the best engine already from the PzIII/IV. This tank is also reminding me why I said "Fuck German Mediums"
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 251