Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211536 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1755 on: February 18, 2013, 03:55:15 am »

goddammit the luchs seems to perform BETTER with the long 20mm autocannon rather than the short 50, since it seems then superior pen and damage doesn't matter when you have acc pushing .5 -_-
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1756 on: February 18, 2013, 08:33:47 am »

On the other hand, the Chi Ha gets an amazing gun for a tier 3 light. 81 average pen(enough to frontally pen a KV!), 70 average damage, .44 acc? Sign me up!
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 18, 2013, 12:02:20 pm »

Triple post of great justice! After playing the Luchs a bit more (and finally nabbing the best engine) I can retract my previous statement. I guess all I was really lacking was the mobility and speed to bring that 5cm into effective range

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 18, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

On the other hand, the Chi Ha gets an amazing gun for a tier 3 light. 81 average pen(enough to frontally pen a KV!), 70 average damage, .44 acc? Sign me up!
Yeah, this is half of what makes the M5A1 so fun to play and so annoying to fight. It's tiny, pings far more than it should, and can actually hurt things.

Incidentally, I was in a match with my T-50 and saw a T6 heavy (not sure what model, as there were five or so all shooting at me) ping an ~80 degree shot from my rear hull. What. For the sake of their sanity, I hope it was some poor fool with a stock-gun KV-1S.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 18, 2013, 01:38:37 pm »

Damn, the Luchs is so fun to play I'm actually gonna keep it! its tiny, extremely maneuverable, and has a decent gun. What skills do you recommend for my crew once I get them to 100%?

Incidentally, learning how to passive scout in the luchs has got me to rebuy the Pzkpfw38Na(which I sold out of frustration from not really knowing how to scout). That PZ IV WILL be mine, come hell or high water!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 18, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »

I do still own my luchs as well... it's a fantastic tank, but I rarely play it due to how unpleasant most low tier fights end up being. I've top gun'd in it (it's a monster in tier III fights) and gotten the 99% master medal thing, but haven't gotten it to 100% trained yet (so no advice there).

Ugh, the Pz38na... I personally couldn't stand it. It's treated like the tier IV uber scouts in terms of matchmaking, but I never enjoyed myself in it as I have the T-50 or leopard. I'm thinking of blowing free experience to get into a hezter instead of rebuying it, as all my memories with it were dreadful. The PzIV is alright, but I don't really like it that much. Its armor is so bad that getting killed by a tier III light is a significant possibility, and I found its derp too inaccurate to do anything with. It seems to me like an M4 with a weaker gun and less side armor, which is definitely not how I remember it in beta. :(

That said, the German mediums are nice in that the stuff unlocked on them is shared pretty much ubiquitously throughout the tree, so it's an excellent step to the VK3601 and will pretty much elite the PzIII/IV. I would also recommend eliting the PzIII, as its top engine is used sooooo much, as well as the radio.

Edit: Oh, looks like the PzIV and the M4 derp are identical. Nevermind. :P
I still don't like it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:41:14 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 18, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »

Well, I know repair is a must(since getting tracked is not a good thing in a tier 3 light!), but I don't think I need smooth ride or clutch braking due to how well the Luchs maneuvers, so I think my skills will be either all repair first or all camo first(since lights keep camo bonus on the move, this can really troll people!), and after repair and camo, I might go recon+situational awareness OR brothers in arms

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 18, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

As I recall, the PzIV was nerfed heavily at some point. It used to be god-tier akin to the KV-1, but unlike the latter it didn't survive the nerf intact.

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

Lol I shot 26 shells while circle-strafing a Vk3001P in my nA. Didn't really hurt him much, but he kept missing me so I was like why the hell not? Eventually though arty nailed me so se la vie

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 18, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »

Y'know, scouting can be fun, but what really makes up for all the no-damage no-pen matches in T4 lights are the matches like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:45 pm »

Four SPGs. You remind me of the little bastards that always sneak around my team's flanks when I'm trying to drop shells.
Nothing important here, move along.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 18, 2013, 07:29:48 pm »

what was that medal for killing 3 or more arty in a match called again? :)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 18, 2013, 07:53:52 pm »

Pascussi's or something? I can't remember myself.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1768 on: February 18, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »

pascucci's
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 18, 2013, 08:00:19 pm »

Pascucci's Medal, yes. Though that one is apparently new, "Dumitru's Medal", for 4 SPG kills. Well, new, or I've never gotten 4 before, but I seem to recall doing so.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 251