Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211517 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1695 on: February 14, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »

Speaking of unbelievable things, Slag and I have been playing a few matches together, and in the last one...

I got a Spartan in my M4. The tank that pinged me? A KV-2:o

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1696 on: February 14, 2013, 09:18:59 pm »

.......you're shitting me. A KV-2's derp should have obliterated you(though even HE can ricochet)

Well, Finally got into a match in my AT-2. Goddamn this tank can bounce shots. There's only 2 frontal weakspots I can discern; the center hatch and the tall commander's cupola. I only lost to another AT-2 due to the fact the 6-pounder fires faster that the 3.7inch howitzer(and the fact I got close enough for him to effectively weakspot me -_-)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 14, 2013, 09:22:47 pm »

The KV-2 was using the long-barrel actually, which is why it pinged.

Bastard managed to ping me. 7 times. And I was in a Hetzer.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 14, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »

TBH the Hetzer along with the B1 and AMX40 is the bounciest T4 vehicle in the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 14, 2013, 09:27:23 pm »

As for killing half a game by myself, I was on that map with 3 paths, the swampy area in the middle. I hid behind rocks the whole time and slipped out to snipe coverless idiots. Arty couldn't hit me, enemies didn't want to flank me... It was perfect.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 14, 2013, 09:50:38 pm »

Finally got around to actually taking out my IS-3 on its very first match.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It went okay.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 14, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

More impressions from the Test Server:

GODDAMN the churchill gun carrier gets a trolltastic gun, comparable to the ARL's DCA45, making it the SECOND gun that can pen over 200 at tier 6...and it gets better acc!

On the flipside, the AT-8 doesn't get quite the trolltstic gun, but it still has the armor values of the AT-2, still making it as bouncy as a t95 comparably(though obviously it doesn't have the health to match, or quite the armor ratings of a t95), and unlike the AT-2, it gets actual guns as well as eliminating the center hatch weakpoint. still not gonna win any speed contests in this thing(though its armor does mitigate getting flanked somewhat, but of course getting flanked is gonna be a bad thing in something as slow as this). Also note view ranges aren't all that great on these TDs(the open-topped lower tiers being the exception), with only a 340 max view range on the CGC being the top view range
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 14, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »

It's nice to see WoT finally have a decent, real tutorial. That should help a lot of the new players grasp the game.

...and honestly some of the higher tier players could use it too ._.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 14, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »

More impressions:

At-7 is more of the same, though it now gets the 20-pounder type a(with 236 pen and 240 damage, nice for attacking other At-7s)

AT-15 is even bouncier, and can take quite the beating(I must have taken about 25 shots before biting it!), and gets the type b barrel, which ups rounds per minute to 12

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 14, 2013, 10:49:52 pm »

I'm working on the American T95 myself, climbing up the ranks slowly.  I normally do SPG, and when my hummel bounced shots off the front of a T-95 I knew I had to have one.  I'm up to Tier 4 I think, the one right before the Wolverine.

I'm also idly working on German SPG line, French SPG line (dat Bat Chatillon...), the German Heavy line, and I've gotten as far as I want with the Russian Light line - that being the A-20.  Prototype Soviet Airplane, the A-20 is airborne more often than it's on the ground.  I also have a Hetzer but not in a rush to go further, damn the Hetzer has some armor, those sloped sides mean that any hit you take is gonna be from a good angle, and if you get a match against lower tiered regular tanks (ie, not enemy TDs) then you can stand atop a hill and bounce 20 shots at a time.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 14, 2013, 10:52:35 pm »

Girlinhat, if you're going for the T95 I think you'll also be pleased by the bouncyness of the brit tds as well, as I've been reporting.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 14, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »

The Hetzer is a beautiful machine once you get the right gun for it. The 105 is beastly. I've hurt Tier 7s with it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 14, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »

I can attest to that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:34 pm »

Girlinhat, speaking from experience, you do not want to stop with the A-20. That 75mph top speed is delicious, but the T-50 handles like a street racer, and the T-50-2 is (going by stats) the same but faster. I love my A-20 dearly, but the T-50 is more fun. Especially because it has a decent gun that also hurts things above T3. According to popular belief, the T-50-2 is also the only tank capable of jumping the gaps in the bridge on that one map.

But yes, you can drift around corners in the T-50 even if you aren't trying to.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 14, 2013, 11:24:24 pm »

Flying Dice you tried the test server yet?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 251