Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211514 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1680 on: February 11, 2013, 02:51:51 pm »

Nerf StuG!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1681 on: February 11, 2013, 04:57:38 pm »

You mean nerf the PzIII/IV; that high clearance is so OP.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 11, 2013, 05:34:30 pm »

No, no... it's clearly gaps that are OP.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 11, 2013, 06:20:25 pm »

Heh, I've forgotten how outright fun the KV-1 is when you have it fully upgraded! I had rebought it as my main credit maker(since the only tanks I have below tier 6 are the covenanter and the lee, not the greatest credit earners...), and after grinding out the cash to get it back to spec, I'm remembering why I went soviet heavies in the first place. Durable, good guns(maybe not the MOST accurate, but they get good pen and great damage), and you only have to deal with the T-28(which is not a bad tank, really) to get into it(unlike americans. I'm looking at you Lee! Why u the only way into mediums and heavies on this line ;_;?)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 11, 2013, 06:21:38 pm »

The Lee is a patience test.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »

No, the lee isn't all that bad(annoying, but not too bad). Now the B1, THAT was a test of patience -_-(good thing the BDR makes up for it with the 90mm!)

Oh, flying dice, you on? Wanna platoon?

Edit: I also got the bay12 channel up
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:26:32 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 11, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »

I enjoyed the Lee quite a bit, and it still annoyed me at times. Also, sure, for a while.

What did you name the channel? I'm not finding it.

e2: Nevermind, found and added you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:37:51 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:08 am »

just saw someone get the lucky medal, that must've been funny

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 14, 2013, 04:37:59 pm »

8.4 test is out. Looks like british TDs and german lights. Does anyone know what I need to do to get in on this?

Also: HOLY SHIT, WG acquired Gas Powered Games!!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 14, 2013, 04:47:26 pm »

WG's been buying shit left and right, not sure what to think of it, especially about the GPG part since I quite like those guys.

As for the test, you just need to download the test client and log in as you normally would.

Also also, to anyone considering using premium ammo is stupid, allow me to tell you a little story of a tank which could oneshot anything but the Maus and E-100.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 14, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »

Also, there's a code up for a free day of premium.

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 14, 2013, 05:15:19 pm »

*Sigh* got the test server downloading now, it's gonna be an hour's wait :P

While I wasn't impressed by the British heavies(decent armor and a decent gun with the 75 HV, that gun depression is what killed it for me with the Churchill) British TDs promise to be mini-T95s every tier, so I'm looking forward to that :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 14, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

First impression so far with British TDs:

Well, never did get into a match with the UC 2-pounder, but from the stats it looks to be perfect for trolling other people( 53 pen and 70 damage at tier 2?! Sign me up!), though it literally has non-existant armor(~10 in front, and 7 around;basically, it can stop small arms, but forget tank rounds -_-)

Valentine AT is pretty damn fun, with decent zippyness and a good mini-derp with the 3.7inch at howitzer, though it doesn't exaclty turn on a dime(though not horrible either). I had fun trolling another valentine AT by sniping him from the other side of the map with it(it did take 5 or 6 shots, admittedly. Never said it was an accurate gun :P)

Alecto is very zippy(being based on a light tank) and comes with a friggin 25-pounder gun(with around 100 pen and 180 average damage). Don't get in front of it, but being a light tank base, it lacks armor for sure(and the 25pounder is not the most accurate gun...)

Haven't managed to get into any of the higher tiers yet, though the AT-2 does seem to be almost a mini-T95, what with the 203mm front armor, and about 100 side and rear armors, though it only gets the 6-pounders and the 3.7inch howitzer as gun options...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:58:45 pm by tryrar »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 14, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »

Did I do alright?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nothing important here, move along.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04:14 pm »

.........HOW THE HELL DID YOU PULL THAT OFF?!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 251