Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211488 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1620 on: February 01, 2013, 11:38:45 am »

Nice sales and bonus credit/xp this weekend. Bought my M4 back and I'm wondering why I left it unused for so long. Bought an IS and realized going from a nice decked out KV-1S to a stock IS is painful.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1621 on: February 01, 2013, 12:01:23 pm »

I am digging the IS, even stock. Had 4 kills in my first match. Seems very similar to the 1S, just a bit better HP.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 01, 2013, 12:09:45 pm »

Quick question... how many credit makers should I keep. I currently have four tier 5 (KV-1, M4, Stug III, and T-34) which I keep lying around for credit making. I am starting to think that may be a bit much. I rather enjoy all of them, but I wonder if it is excessive, especially since my other tanks are tier 6 (KV-1S, Easy 8, T-150) and tier 7 (IS). Thoughts?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 01, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »

For credit purposes, definately keep an elited KV, that thing prints money. Or if you can get gold, pick up either a lowe or a churchill III premium. Otherwise, yeah, unless you really enjoy playing those tanks definitely free up garage space. This does remind be to buy back the KV, right now I only have 2 tanks below tier 6: a coventer(british mediums are awesome from my experience, not so much their heavies), and a Lee(was thinking about going American medium as well)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 01, 2013, 03:19:53 pm »

Well if he doesn't need T10s for CW or something he can keep the ones he finds fun. Otherwise, 3 is a pretty good number that allows you to play each of them for cash while still having time for xp grinding on other stuff, that is if you have about two hours a day to play WoT. If you have more, no need to sell any of them yet, amass a huge sum of money trough time so you don't have to worry about it at all.

Also if the crews are trained up don't dissmiss them, that kind of stuff is pretty useful in higher tiers, being able to use a 100% from the get go.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

I decided to sell the T-34, since I have no other Russian meds, and keep the KV-1, M4, and Stug. And did I just have one of my more lucrative matches with the Elited KV-1. Ended up netting out about 32k without premium. Two kills, damaged five other guys, and captured 100 points. That thing does just print money.

EDIT: Forgot that KV-1 has a credit bonus now, but still, that's a lot of cash.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:27:56 pm by Maldevious »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:58 pm »

Ugh, I spent almost 1m credits on equipment the day before the 50% off sale was announced. Raeg.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 01, 2013, 08:23:20 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna say, event. Considering that I just had a 50k profit match in my KV-1 without premium. Got a free Steel Wall, too, because a Church I couldn't pen me but kept trying so hard.

Urban, I'm in the same spot as you. I bought my gorram KV-2 just about the same time as you bought that equipment, apparently. That's 500k down the drain. On the bright side, I might be able to grind my KV-1 enough to unlock the T-150 and buy it before the event is up; I've already got 10k or so exp +2.5k free exp. Got my PzIV today as well, not because it's particular good (since it was nerfed, anyhow), but because Girls und Panzer.  :P

And of course higher tier Germany access.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 01, 2013, 10:55:07 pm »

I have somehow ended up with way too many garage slots, so I keep plenty of Tier 4-6s around for fun/credit purposes. I did sort of liquidate a few to take advantage of the event sales though, but I'll probably end up getting some of them back someday.

I had been slowly working my way up to a PzIV, but I'm still a tier or two away, so I'll probably miss out on it this event. Did get my IS though for half price. Not a bad deal there.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 01, 2013, 10:59:47 pm »

Lots of stock IS's driving around this weekend.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 01, 2013, 11:25:04 pm »

Woo, just leet'd le KV-1. I totally didn't notice that the KV-2 was half off... definitely picking it up. Gotta love that derp.

Edit: Oh, the T-150's half off too. Is that line worth going down?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:26:56 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 02, 2013, 12:10:50 am »

Not incredibly so, but certainly enough to take advantage of the event to grab a T-150 and elite it, and maybe pursue the line at a later date. Unless you honestly would never see yourself following that line, in which case it is ignorable, IMO.

Seconding that KV-2 love. Nothing like one-shotting a full health KV-1 straight through the glacis plate with that 152mm derp. If you don't already have that, be aware that it doesn't require upgrading the tracks or turret to use.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 02, 2013, 03:48:00 am »

I actually enjoyed the KV-3 quite a bit, and while it's expensive to run, I'm having a bit of fun with the KV-4, even stock. (Although the KV-3, 4 and 1S all use the same guns at some level, so having those unlocked lessens the grind just a tad and makes it not QUITE stock.)

A lot of times in this game you feel pretty fragile, despite the fact that you might be in a heavy tank, there's a lot of stuff out there than can do harsh damage to you. The KV-4 feels like a tank... I still have to watch my back, as the armor is still pretty weak back there, and as with any tank there are a few weak points here and there, but it really is a tank you can feel comfortable leading in.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 02, 2013, 07:33:37 am »

T-150 feels, to me, more like the heir to the KV-1. Tough, pretty good gun, a bit ponderous. The grind is tough, though, as you are mostly awful until you get the top gun. Get that ASAP, and it becomes quite effective. Nice brawler. Hoping to unlock the KV-3 at some point.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 02, 2013, 09:12:27 am »

Personally I had a lot more fun on the KV-3 when it was tier 6, but that's me. :P

The derp on the KV (back when the KV-1 and KV-2 were just the KV) was always fun but for me I got tired of it fast and ended up using the 107 exclusively, 152 could win you a fight but the 107 could win you a battle.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:19:12 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 251