Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211473 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1605 on: January 26, 2013, 03:35:41 pm »

By all means go for the Jumbo. The KV-2 is fun because of the 152 but, the Jumbo has a mini derpgun of it's own while being immensely better armoured and mobile. Nothing short of T7 can pen it's front (ARL39 and gold ammo aside) and it's almost as mobile as most mediums of its tier. The guns are also pretty nice if you're used to the M4 or the E8 since they're pretty much the same.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1606 on: January 26, 2013, 04:17:18 pm »

yeah, Jumbos are the most annoying targets for my ARL 44 to plink at. While I can pen them from the front, that frustrating front sloped armor means I get a lot of ricochets and non-damaging pens -_-
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 26, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

The Jumbo was fun a while ago when I was grinding through it. I feel like I actually liked it better than I do the E8 I'm working on now. I never liked the KV-2 but I haven't given it any serious time since it was split off from the KV-1, so I'm sure it's a lot different now.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 26, 2013, 11:29:44 pm »

heh, is it me or does the ARL get steel walls easily? I mean, Higher tier frenchies aren't known for armor, but with that beefy 120mm sloped front plate(granted, it doesn't have a large slope), I've bounced 122mm shots from KV-1s's!(Granted, It may be because those shots were from bad angles, but that doesn't explain straight on tiger bounces)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 27, 2013, 03:38:23 am »

It's something like 180mm of effective armor, so I'm not surprised. Anyone dumb enough to actually shoot that frontal hull armor deserves to bounce, and luckily that seems to be half the playerbase :P

The KV-2 is too clumsy. Even spamming 152mm HEAT shells (200mm pen, 750 damage at t6) it felt bad in comparison to my KV-1S. Too many people can take advantage of the high reload, fire-prone, low armor, inaccurate, slow tank. That's not to say you can't have some great battles (5k damage as the only T6 in a T8 match, anyone?) but the vast majority consist of you either being exploited or plain missing nearly all your shots. It's a behemoth of a weapon on one of the shittiest platforms I have played.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:39:56 am by Rex_Nex »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 27, 2013, 08:28:10 am »

Quick question... how often does equipment go on sale? Have some money that I'd like to buy binocs/tool kit with, but I figure they'll go on sale relatively soon. Insight?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 27, 2013, 03:01:25 pm »

i just made nearly 100k credits.

in two battles.

(with my tiger)

:o

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1612 on: January 27, 2013, 03:02:09 pm »

Quick question... how often does equipment go on sale? Have some money that I'd like to buy binocs/tool kit with, but I figure they'll go on sale relatively soon. Insight?

There is typically a discount of some type every weekend. It might take a month or 2 for the particular things you want to get discounted.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:12 pm »

They will be on sale sometime within the next week or two.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:56:37 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 28, 2013, 12:34:48 am »

LOL  :P :D

Edit: BTW flying dice what server u play on and when r u on?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 28, 2013, 12:59:20 am »

NA. Time varies, but most commonly 6:30-10:30pm CST M-T-F, and all day Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 30, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »

M5 we meet again, don't think I can't spot you behind that "A1" and ugly paintjob. You've come back to torture me once more. Yes it will be painful... you fucking light tanks always make it so. Yeah I'll never get past tier 4 if you have anything to say about it.  Yeah if I try anything you'll trash my win rate to 20% before I can even blink. We've both been here before.  We've both danced this dance before. M5.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:37:03 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 30, 2013, 12:36:06 pm »

I haven't tried the M5A1 yet. (Haven't touched the chinese tree except a couple of games with the free tier 1.) But I personally enjoyed the American M5. I had much more success with it than I had with any of the other tier 4 lights I've played... on basically any tree.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 31, 2013, 01:37:48 pm »

Just have to vent... 7 kills for me in my elite KV-1 (matching my personal best), and we still lose. And it would've been for double XP. Argh... only three other teammates had kills. Sometimes this game is awfully frustrating.

The worst part was the Church III premium driven by a guy with 200 battles (he also owns a TOG II, ugh). Parked in the cap with no shot at anyone and got zeroed in by an M7 Priest (who ended up with 7 kills also, so I have to give him some props). The Church III asked during the game if we won by killing enemy arty... I am not so sure he was joking, in hindsight.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 251