Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211440 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1545 on: January 20, 2013, 06:57:12 am »

Hm, alright, I'm on NA. And I just managed to get two kills in one round. Wich is a first for me. Shot one tank with my autocannon from a distance, rammed into him while I was reloading and finished off his friend. With the help of teammates that were shooting them from a distance, ofcourse.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1546 on: January 20, 2013, 10:11:36 am »

I managed to get 8 kills in a PzJg one time.

Then I got 8 kills in my KV and it overwrote the poor PzJg :<

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:55 pm »

I managed to get 8 kills in a PzJg one time.

Then I got 8 kills in my KV and it overwrote the poor PzJg :<

But hey, you got a Radley-Walters for the KV.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 20, 2013, 01:08:54 pm »

a what-now?

i think it was before that medal was introduced :(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 20, 2013, 01:11:55 pm »

It's for getting 8-9 kills in a T5 or higher tank, in a single match. Sort of like a more badass Top Gun. I also did it in my KV-1, because they get some of the most unfair matches, both ways around.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 20, 2013, 07:55:17 pm »

You know, I've been playing it for a while now, but I just now niticed it. Does anyone else think the 90mm DCA 45 on the ARL is almost comically oversized for the tank?(Talk about Freud was right!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 22, 2013, 05:23:02 am »

By far my best round with the M18 (which doesn't take much - I'm rocking an absolutely stellar 30% winrate with the thing over 37 games):

Lakeville, team splits up pretty much 33/66 for the valley/town. I follow the valley group. Everyone rushes down the hill while I hang back and nail a tank sniping from the bushes. By the time I've zoomed back out, everyone who went with me was dead.
I decide to take things nice and slow, and with the help of a friendly arty, slowly uncover and take out the enemies one by one. Given the paper-like nature of the M18's armor, I'm still amazed that I managed it. Eventually the valley was clear, so I move up to the circle. Clock ticks up to 90% when kill number 6 rolls in trying to stop me - I get the first shot.

Given that a normal round for me with the M18 usually involves blowing up the instant anyone so much as glances at me, I was pretty happy this time around. Who knows, maybe it's the start of a new, better M18 era.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 22, 2013, 09:14:25 am »

Have you managed to get the 90 on the hellcat? that gun makes the m18 a monster.

Also, tips for m18 battling:

1) As you noted, the armor on this is paper, so you are definitely a second line vehicle; find a good bush with an overlook and snipe from there

2) your speed is an asset: use it to quickly set up in a position that overlooks a major line of attack before the opposition gets there and spots you

3)camo camo camo. I can't repeat this enough; you should have EVERYONE on your crew training camo;commander can train sixth sense first if you want, and the radio operator should always be increasing view range first, but eventually get camo on them too. As well, your first equipment purchase should always be either camo net or binocs

4)try to have a route of escape for when the enemy pushes your position. You have the speed to get away, USE IT. Also, the hellcat gets decent gun depression, so use hills and terrain to your advantage
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05:27 am »

I had a beautiful match last night with my Derpzer. I honestly don't remember many map names, but it was the one with the seaside town with drivable docks and a huge mountain right beside it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyhow, I ended up with 6 kills, Pascucci's Medal, Top Gun, and a Master Gunner ribbon. It was satisfying to say the least.

3. Run Resize Enable

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:57 am »

there are too many medals in this game now, its so hard to keep track of all of them :p

and i miss my hetzer :< idk why i sold it tbh

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 22, 2013, 12:44:30 pm »

(I'm rocking an absolutely stellar 30% winrate with the thing over 37 games)

Welcome to the club! I think I sold that thing when it hit 37% and I unlocked the T25/2. You know... it's a great tank, but my luck in that thing is just so horrendously bad...

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 22, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »

Tiger is now my most-played tank! (I may have just played 3 games solely to ensure that)

also I finally unlocked Tiger 2, so now my BiA progress should speed up a bit.

I have a 52% win rate in that and the VK36, for a 50% overall win rate, which is on the high side of average I believe.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 22, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »

Haah, just played a near-perfect match in my T-50. Near-perfect as in not a single member of my team died until I got greedy at the end. Yeah, I died because the T-59 I rammed had about 15 hp too much. Other than that, spotted most of the enemy team and played chicken with T7 TDs.

Speaking of bloody miserable tanks, the Medium II.

3. Run Resize Enable

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 22, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »

Hey guys, downloading this game as of now,
was wondering, how noob friendly is it?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 22, 2013, 05:40:18 pm »

Totaly noob friendly, with a really calm learning curve.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 251