Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211441 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1530 on: January 19, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

true. Though I never really have the patience for that(I.E. I'm always wanting to use the tank I'm unlocking things for)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1531 on: January 19, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »

Personally, though I sort of have a goal of reaching the StuG, I mostly just play because, well, the game is fun. Frustrating as hell when you watch your shells do jack shit even if they do hit, but fun.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 19, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »

You don't choose the StuG life, it chooses you.  :P

Edit: Has anyone else bee unable to connect to NA in the past few minutes?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:24:18 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 19, 2013, 05:11:47 pm »

I'm on right now, if you're still having issues.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 19, 2013, 05:15:17 pm »

I'm connecting perfectly well now. No idea what happened.  :-\

I'm in our channel if anyone wants to 2-platoon with me.

3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37:00 pm »

The Stug is probably my favorite TD ever... although I've never gone past that tier on any tech tree. It's just so... satisfying. I had three games today where I had at least five kills including one 6 kill top gun... Unfortunately, my entire team was terrible each time and they got stomped hard despite me taking out 1/3 of the enemy team on my own.

I tend to use the 10.5 cm gun, but I also play the long... 7.5 cm I think it is?... occasionally. The 10.5 is satisfying in that often you can one shot things. Even larger things take a lot of damage and if you bounce a lot you can do chunks with the HE shots. My only complaint with it would be the slow backing speed... It's quick going forward, but more often than I care to remember I've rushed around a corner into a bad situation and had to get pounded on hard as i SLOWLY backed out of it.

All in all though, it's just a fun TD to play... although the Marder and Hetzer are both fun leading up to it. I've heard bad things about farther along the line, and I will say, that for whatever reason I'm scared less by the higher tier German TDs than I am other nation TDs or the lower tier German TDs... they always just seem easier to deal with.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 19, 2013, 10:11:43 pm »

The key, when you're in a tank that can't back up well, is to just put the hammer down and try to outmaneuver the enemies until you can get to cover. No matter what, you're still presenting a harder target than the dude who's trying to crawl back the way he came.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 19, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »

The problem with doing that in a TD is that everything but your glacis plate is paper-thin, and moving forward will give enemy tanks better shots at your sides. It's less of a problem in low tiers where everything is paper-thin, true, but once you're into T4 and up it becomes much more pronounced.

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 20, 2013, 12:28:53 am »

well, to be fair, the stug is pretty damn maneuverable, so it has a good chance of pulling that off. Still a bad choice to have to make when in a tough spot though
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 20, 2013, 12:56:06 am »

Oh, and another reason I keep playing WoT is silliness like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I recently killed a KV-1 on dragon ridge by jumping on it in a leopard. It was pretty glorious. I'm definitely loving the new physics, for things like drifting and being able to go down rocky slopes.

Though really, I'm finding the leopard a lot less fun than I did in beta. It never gets any tier IV matches anymore (which admittedly always meant massive stomping, but hey, makes up for all the artyless tier VIIs), and feels less responsive than I remember it. The T-50 has been a more fun light tank for me, despite its piddly gun, even without the final engine upgrade.

The KV is still fun, thankfully, though I remember its pen gun being better than the current 85mm (it actually bounced against a grille in a recent match, FFS). The derp is still great, though, especially when forced into high tier matches.

It also looks like the PzIV lost its silly looking turret upgrade that for whatever reason reminded me of a medieval crusader, but from what I've experienced fighting them it still seems like the tank I remember. The grind through the Pz38na is pretty terrible, though, since it gets out-tiered so often, though I'm only a few thousand exp off.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 20, 2013, 01:30:55 am »

I had an amazing thing happen today. A M4 sideswiped me off of a cliff while we were both semi-drifting around a corner, and the driver apologized.

3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 20, 2013, 01:38:32 am »

That's pretty cool. I'm hoping they were on the enemy team. :P

Though if you're light enough to get knocked around by an M4, it probably could've just one shot derp'd you anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:11 am »

It was friendly. I think I was in the T-46 I just pulled out of storage.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 20, 2013, 05:14:26 am »

How do I see what server I'm on? It just says "server W.o.T." on the top.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 20, 2013, 06:46:25 am »

If you click any of the links in the launcher you'll be taken to your servers website or forum. Right now it's the only way to tell, apart from going into a test server and looking what region you are assigned by the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 251