Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210642 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate those KVs. Nigh impenetrable armour, sometimes even at the rear and a one shot gun that never seems to miss. It is the bane of my Panzer 3.
They're a tier above you, are known for their bulky armor and are heavies. The Pz3 is also notorious for being armed with some low end t3 gun. Just play it like a light tank, zip around racking up scouting xp and plinking at anything that doesn't have a stripe through it's icon. It's good xp but don't expect any kills.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I've learned you should always face your enemy as long as it isn't like 3-4 tiers above you. I was able to take on a Tiger(T7 Heavy) in a 1v1 fight with my T-34-85(T6 Medium) and at the end of the fight i still had like 40% hp left, all thanks to my front armor(i think).

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: Multiplayer FREE-to-Play Tank Sim - Join in-game Bay 12 Chan
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2010, 03:12:16 pm »

I was joking... in some way. Is the Pz3's stubby-building-demolisher-gun T3? O.o

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hrm, seems like this won't play for me. Aside from taking forever to load just so I can log in when I do log in it goes to what looks like an equipment screen then gives me a connection interrupted error and logs me out. Any ideas?

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You didnt happen to have premium usually but not when making 7 kills?

Also, when making 7 kills, were you put on top of the list, meaning all other tanks in team were "weaker" than yours? I have the feeling you get more xp for damaging/destroying/spotting higher stuff.

Sometimes, I'm put in a game with mostly lights and mediums in my heavy tank, and yeah, racking up kills, but not so much xp seems standard in those situations.

yea when i finally came back i grabbed the 30 day premium thing with all the gold they gave me, so i got like 26 days left of premium :)

I may have been put at the top of the list, which would mean i killed all lower tier tanks than me (i dont remember any king tigers but i know there was a T32 on enemy team atliest).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:30:30 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've learned you should always face your enemy as long as it isn't like 3-4 tiers above you. I was able to take on a Tiger(T7 Heavy) in a 1v1 fight with my T-34-85(T6 Medium) and at the end of the fight i still had like 40% hp left, all thanks to my front armor(i think).

i believe thats actually because of fail auto aim, and by auto aim i dont mean the click on the tank type, but the zoomed out the turret naturally sorta stays levels and causes sooooo many bounced shots :/ its ridiculous.

T-34 turret is hard to get a solid hit on, and the guy probably wasnt zoomed in on the reticule aiming at the body where you get easy penettrations on front of.

lesson here be, always zoom in when facing tanks find the weak spot shoot ^_^ dont do the old sorta auto aim from zoomed out and just shoot hoping its aiming where you want it....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:58:26 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Yep, aiming at the tracks of the back side of the tank is always a plus. Auto aim is only somewhat good when you're too busy scouting or dealing with something else and wanna throw out some free shots.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Autoaim is only good for hitting something with a weak point on the front of it's turret. Like the IS-7 and it's cardboard gun mantlet.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Or the JagdPanther, and in it's case the shot will always hit the gun, either damaging it or knocing it out right away :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys still managing to get on? I still keep getting disconnected at the garage screen.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, aiming at the tracks of the back side of the tank is always a plus. Auto aim is only somewhat good when you're too busy scouting or dealing with something else and wanna throw out some free shots.
I use autoaim in a lot of situations, funny enough, only a few of them involve actually shooting.

For instance, you're following a target, maybe chasing a light tank which is speeding through your ranks, just point click, start the chase, and once you get a clear los and a good position the turret will already be roughly where it needs to be.

Sometimes I hammer RMB like a madman for those targets far far away, so I have a well lined up starting position to aim.

Most of the time, however, I abuse it to find out whether or not there is actually a clear line of fire to a target far away.

And finally, when it comes to shooting, the lower tier light tanks with the burstfire cannons are awesome with autoim. Just zip around at high speeds and BLAMBLAMBLAM away.You're bound to hit something.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile

I love autoaim, I use it when I plan on destroying the enemy rather than tracking them or when I'm on the move (which is very rare).
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

I just got to the IS-7

Went into battle, killed half the enemy team

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Puck, AA doesn't always show if you can shoot something, it aims for the center of the tank, so if something is hull down it might show it as unreachable all the while his turret is poking out and sending death your way
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Puck, AA doesn't always show if you can shoot something, it aims for the center of the tank, so if something is hull down it might show it as unreachable all the while his turret is poking out and sending death your way
I know, but its a good place to start.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 251