Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211336 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1350 on: October 31, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

Except that doesn't work with arty :p

But yeah, collect the daily doubles while amassing free xp with other tanks that you enjoy more. Heck, It's the only way I'm standing the Patton now, knowing that with the crapload of free xp it won't be long before I turn it into an actually decent tank :D

Also anyone try the brits?

The T1 is rather fun with the dakka gun, funnily enough it's stated RoF is higher than his ammo capacity X)

Also liking what they did to sniper mode, how it displays tracers of your shells cleary, it's very nice to actually see where your shell is going most of the time :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1351 on: October 31, 2012, 05:06:48 pm »

Well, attacking the sides does work with arty, it's just harder. Setting yourself up in an unorthodox place will give you side shots, which is pretty much needed if you want anyone to notice you are firing at them.

Weakspots, no. That's a tank thing, silly nadaka :P

Some tips for running stock low tier arty: always go for the lighter target. It might seem obvious, but a lot of people go for the slow moving heavies, even if they can only do like 10 damage a hit. Getting a lot of hits on someone is cool and all, but then you've wasted nearly all your ammo on one guy. Taking out three lower-tier mediums is better then taking out one big top-tier heavy, mostly because spotting is so important.

Also, when shooting heavies, go for the hull, not the turret. You might lose some accuracy, but when you are aiming your shot, try to hover over his hull. Turret shots lose a lot of damage, and while there are some delicious criticals in the turret, going for the hull is usually better.

There are a few tanks with really bad side turret armor, though, so you might want to disregard it for them. I think this goes for a couple german heavies, although I can't recall their names.

Shooting the deck is really great. RU tanks have especially large decks, and landing a shot there can mean a nice penetration with engine damage, even if you have a little peashooter like the SU-26 cannon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 31, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »

Son of a bitch it's happening again!

People being obnoxiously stupid is annoying me to the point of face stabbing rage.

I can get lemming trains and how and why they happen, it's not an issue. But if you point it out, and then go on to elaborate why it is a freaking bad idea to let a T34 and a 12t cover the entire left side of the Highway map while you merrily waste time with five tanks in the city and you still do jack shit about it you deserve to lose.

No really, I even got complimented for holding out against three t7 heavies and two t8 meds for a couple of minutes. That made me rage even more, had you idiots listened to me that would have been unnecessary. But no, it took the ten of you five minutes to finish off an IS-3 and Lowe with some t7 tanks in tow.

ARGH!!!!!!
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 31, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

Hey, at least you're not being shot by another team after your ram leaves the enemy with 1hp. The enemy did 20hp damage to me. My team did 180. Fuck them.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:41 pm »

Soooo T62A now reigns as the best Tier X medium tank.

Sadly I am still at T-43 with its weaksauce 85mm gun.

EDIT: Yes the amount of stupidity in the game is sometimes bewildering. But I guess that is the true measure of a good WoT player. Against adversity, how capable are we in turning the tide of the battle. Sometimes the possibility is nearly zero and we luck out, but we always strive to give our best for the team, no matter how bad our own teammates could be.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:43:18 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 31, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »

T-44 is my favorite medium in the game. You can do it Buri!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 01, 2012, 11:19:16 am »

Not much I can do recently. My internet is always perfectly stable, then when I play world of tanks it goes down. Every goddamn time.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 01, 2012, 12:25:22 pm »

So the T4 British light, the Covenanter (or A13) has a pretty interesting gun. The 3 inch howitzer is the classical HE derp gun as far as stats go, but it's rather unique. The shell is rather slow, slower than usual, this means that the gun fires in a rather noticeable arc.

This in turn means that with some clever terrain exploitation you can easily achieve ultimate hulldown, where you can continuously rain fire upon someone without exposing a single piece of your tank to return fire :D
AS - IG

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 01, 2012, 12:48:59 pm »

the a13 guns indeed are all quite strange.
i had 3 games, where the engine did not noticed a hit when i clearly saw the tracers hit the enemy.
i have not seen this with any other gun so far (note: it was not a 0 dam pen, it was no hit at all)
happend only on long range when using the tier 3 pom pom. so this gun either has a hard max range, or is bugged.
aside, these pom pom guns are quite crazy. by tier4, these wil shoot 2 rounds in short sucession. because of the recoil, it needs some practice and is useless on longer ranges, but especially short range, this guns are awsome.

higher tier battles are silly now. my IS now tends to blow up after 2 or 3 hits, ricochets practically dont happen anymore and arty is even more annoying.
yet to decide if i should play on or if this would be a good time to quit it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:50:30 pm by motorbitch »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 04, 2012, 07:46:15 am »

Spoiler: Oh no he's ramming me! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Missed me! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eat a 105! (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:58:03 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 04, 2012, 04:06:46 pm »

I thought everyone had sold their PZIV's after the decent turret was removed. I switched over to the M4 as soon as possible.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 04, 2012, 07:16:01 pm »

I actually bought it after the change (it was on sale too) and am enjoying it even more than the original one. Now it actually plays like a medium, and if you're willing to go the 105+HEAT route it's pretty monstruous in terms of damage too.
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 04, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »

It's a faster M4 without the American advantages.

It's pretty balanced, I think. I just... well, the best part of the PzIV was that it didn't play like a clone of the other T5 mediums.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 04, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »

It is more in line with them now but I guess I just didn't enjoy the slowness, brawling is much more exciting at this tier than sniping, sniping I can do in TD's and other tanks, T5 mediums are for crazy ass fun (and printing money in certain occasions).

Also this GJ bonus came as a damned lottery win. Managed to scrooge up quite a bit of cash, unlock the 105 on the Patton (it's rather enjoyable now, even if I'm a bit too trigger happy as a result) and get within reach of the T110E5. Now I just need to decide what I want sooner, arguably the best T10 heavy, the Panther, the Tiger 2 or that new Soviet T7 TD. Then there's also the Crusader grind that needs to be done if I'm to reach that Cromwell which besides looking damnably hot is pretty awesome gameplay wise if the playerbase is to be believed :D
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:30 am »

I thought everyone had sold their PZIV's after the decent turret was removed. I switched over to the M4 as soon as possible.

I'm waiting to see if I can equalize the Win/loss on it first its like 2 victories from being 50%

Also, speaking of, I'm officially on a losing streak, time to stop playing for a month I think. 5x is pointless right now.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 251