Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211288 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have Type 59 and am not terribly good at it (55% win rate) but I also have learned to deal with it in other tanks.

Lorraine 40t (previously at Tier 8, now Tier 9) ate it like breakfast unless it got caught reloading, the same I believe applies to AMX13/90 (now Tier 8). Panther II snipes it from afar and then rams it for massive damage. M26 outmaneuvers it at close range and somehow I could reliably penetrate the frontal glacis with 180mm penetration gun (probably due to angling cos my gun points slightly downward at its frontal glacis, offsetting the angling for its armour?). I don't have T-44 so I can't say anything about it.

The secret is to not let Type 59 hug you, especially when you're using tall tanks (Panther II, Lorraine) because while you could still hit the hatch on the turret, it's hard when the Type 59 keeps on moving and your turret rotation could not keep up.

This goes the same way when using Type 59. You can defeat IS-3 by hugging it sideways, it's very hard for him to aim properly at your constantly moving small-sized tank.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:08:07 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

M26 outmaneuvers it at close range and somehow I could reliably penetrate the frontal glacis with 180mm penetration gun (probably due to angling cos my gun points slightly downward at its frontal glacis, offsetting the angling for its armour?).

180 is enough for the front if its head on.

http://wotarmory.com/2012/05/14/we-build-for-china-the-type-59-protection-report/2/

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'm starting to like this tank  :)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those mastery badges need a rewording.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They do. Much less impressive once you find out what it means.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still somewhat impressive though, don't get down!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh i'm not down, i'm just not as up as I was when I first found out. When I first found out I was like "HOLY SHIT I'M THE 1%" then I was all "oh damn, now i'm gonna get picketed" and then I was all "ah, it doesn't mean what it says, still decent though" :P

Edit: Fun fact, the VK3001(p) is very, very weird with its armour. I had a game where I absorbed 25 shots to the front. I had a different game where I died in two shots to the very same tanks I was bouncing off before (KV1).

No, neither KV was using derp. I'm liking the tank though, its terrible stock and isn't anything to write home about, but it can perform solidly when needed to and is pretty damn fast with the engines. Usually I don't bother with researching the last engine but unlocking it now saves me unlocking it on the tiger(p) later, so i'll be going even faster.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:59:54 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Oh it's only in the stats in the last seven days :/ Thanks for ruining my ego trip guys...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have ace tanker in more the tanks i drove, and i dont consider myself an excelent player you only need a really good game and those eventually hapen, as the really shitty ones happen too.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I'm not high enough to deal with Type 59s yet, down here at lower tiers we have the AMX players who think they're godlike because nobody knows where to shoot them.  Had one guy driving around bouncing shots and taunting everybody till somebody finally killed him.
Shoes...

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AMX 40 tanks are trolling tanks. When I can be arsed i'm reskinning mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEXtnHO49Rk

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not official... just 95% likely you'll die :P

If your tracks werent damaged, you might be able to circlejerk it and hope he crits you instead of damages. If you were behind one of those wrecks you might have been able to play mindgames with him if he was absolutely clueless. Other then that, GEE GEE.

Anyway, even though I have 999 ping the entire time, I can (rarely) get into WoT. My only problem is that I keep ragequitting because I hate getting killed due to my shitty ISP. Then I realize that I can only log in once every few dozen tries and hate myself for quitting ._.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile

High ping is bad.
nothing

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1274 on: September 01, 2012, 01:29:37 am »

i quitted after beta.

i gave it another try yesterday. what shall i say... its everything i expected after beta. i will quit it again. sad, i like tank games :(
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 251