Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211282 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If anyone has a tier 10 (or is close to getting one) I really suggest hitting up a clan. Clans are actually pretty fun, they really extend the life of the game. Just make sure you find one that fights on the global map.

Its too bad we don't have many B12ers here. A B12 clan would be pretty great.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah i still never see any people in b12 channels on EU. not that im on THAT often, but i'd still expect to see one or two people every now and then

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Not just for clanwars, one thing that is actually fun is hitting a Team Company with some clanmates, you earn some nice cash and have fun because all you have to do is follow the instructions and play to the best of your ability.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that too. It's nice to play with friends.

I suspect we are low on EU players, twiggie :[

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just got ace tanker, top gun and 1.5k exp. in an ms-1. feeling good. since i had like a 0% WR with that before.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

In my experience, the MS-1 is one of the best T1 tanks, hands-down. Note to self: re-purchase.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Re-obtain. The thing is free :D

MS-1 is a great tier 1 tank, but tier 2s have it better. Almost always top tier; try out the BT-2. The thing is insane, it's like a T-50 without the turning.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say again, the ELC is SO MUCH FUN....

Just had an awesome round in it, only two kills, but so great... started off hiding in some bushes. Enemy ELC comes rushing past me, I get a surprise shot off at him and we zoom around each other like a couple of dog fighters, I finally end up on his tail and nail him a couple more times, killing him. Then I rush ahead to scout, find a JagdTiger that's all alone. A tier 9 TD, against my little tier 5 pancake tank. I loop around and get behind him and pop a few in one side of him, slowly whittling him down. Run behind him, pop a few more in. He gets semi-smart and puts his ass to a wall, but I'm actually short enough I can pass in front of him, under his gun without getting into his depression range. I do this for a while and some arty shots help(and damage me a bit) and another tank comes along and gives him a shot or two, finally he's down to 2% and I get the final shot in, killing him. From there on, I just go scouting a bit, find the last enemy Arty, and a few more TDs, but end up taking a lucky TD shot from the arty just before it dies to my team's arty.

This thing is so much fun... and I'm sure it'll be nerfed on the next patch, I'm just having fun while I can. It's just the zoomiest little thing on treads.

That round got me 2,738 xp, although that was my double for the day. Still, really nice.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, i've found the ELC can single handedly take out a lone KV-2 or other tanks that have guns mounted that high by driving into the front of them constantly and shooting them. If they can't aim down, they can't kill you. It really pisses off said drivers. That said, I had one try to do it to me while I was driving my KV-2 and I just reversed next to a wall and shot HE into the wall. Tracked him, backed up, rammed him. So you have to be careful when doing it.

The tears when you manage to pick off the heavy tanks is glorious though.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be careful about that trick now, thanks. Biggest challenge to me for now is just finding one alone and that mad dash to get close to it before it gets a shot into you. Doesn't work well if the enemy has backup.

On another topic: are type 59s not the most rage inducing tanks out there?  I swear, 90% of the time I shoot at one I can't get a shot through the armor. The people who tend to play them are pretty ass-holey as well. Often they wolfpack together and unless you have a good number of tier 8+ tanks in that area, there's no defense. Even the ones on my team tend to be really annoying, and once even pushed me to TK. Something that I almost never do without good reason.

Any suggestions to deal with them? Friendly or otherwise.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Type 59 players tend to think of themselves as pretty damn good, so that inflated ego goes a long way towards making them seem ass-holey. Its the same way a driver of any other overpowered (or at least a damn good) tank might feel powerful because they have a capable machine. You might get the itch to laugh at all those little easy8s when you're in your IS4, for example! :P

Dealing with them = ignoring them if they are on your team. Annoying people all need to be dealt with like that, I don't have anything specific for T59s...

As for opponents, apparently they are one of the few vehicles where the upper part of the hull is weaker then the lower part. They are pretty tough regardless, so tracking them and going to their side armor is going to be your only option unless you are packing 170+ pen. What vehicles do you often encounter them in?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My KV-3 sees them most often.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

T59s are a pain, and yes i shout OP and Pay2Win there. Id say dont try to shoot them on the front, unless you have high pen, arround 200. Their sides and back are more vulnerable but out-manuvering an agile tank its realy hard. On the bright side they have a tendency to burn and explode their ammo rack.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is an ammo rack on the front. People say it's behind the "headlights" so if you see any (i've never been close enough to one to see) aim there. If not, they have a commanders viewport, shoot that, you'll knock out the commander and do damage. Type players hide when they take damage because they're not used to it :P

Aside from that, shoot the top of the hull or if facehugging, aim in between the turret and the hull. Its a shot trap and ricochets will go into the underside of the turret for a pen.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im preatty sure the ammo rack is in the side-back, and about the commanders hatch, i tried shooting that with my vk3601 arround 3 times for no effect, so 135 pen i think = 0chance of penetrating that.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 251