Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211269 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Yea, if there is a tank you don't like to play. the best option is to only play it just long enough to get the double xp from your first win, and then play your fun/credit earning tanks the rest of the time. It take a while, but you get past them with less frustration that way.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It was my first T3 so I got a bunch of free stuff with it, I might end up liking it.  We'll see.
Shoes...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you do get a 5% bonus free xp on top of your normal earned xp each battle, so yes, it is possible but it would take a rather long time. If anything, grind free xp and play atleast one battle each day with the T3, just to collect the double xp bonus.
True, and this is applicable to anything at any tiers. :)

Also don't worry, I have Tier VIII, IX, and X vehicles but I still don't have it easy playing Tier III French TD. Personally, Tier V is considered to be the first "milestone". It's the tier at which you have a good chance of being top tanks and can easily take on Tier IV and below, aka, it's the tier at which you start to have real fun and learn how to make more impact in battles.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know, being a top tier hetzer is preeeeeeeeeeetty nice

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Top tier anything is pretty nice, particularly when you have a derp cannon. Top tier hetzer is comparable to being top tier in the old KV... except trading hitpoints for some speed and being wwaaaaayyy smaller.

Tier 5, 7 (heavies), 8, and 10 are all the milestones.
Tier 5 is when you can't really play dumb and expect to win anymore. T5 has a lot of really good players who play in that tier for fun and profit.
Tier 7 is when your heavies hit the big boy leagues. Most tier 7 heavies hurt quite a bit. Even a Maus doesn't want to leave itself vulnerable to an IS, with its 400 damage cannon, nor does it want to be flanked by a 200-pen high-rof Tiger H.
Tier 8 is the tier 5 of the big boy leagues. Everyone runs their T8 premiums for money, and those who don't hit their first long grind in the game at this tier. It's also particularly well balanced and offers a wide array of vehicles.
Tier 10, is of course, the end milestone. When you hit T10, you've finished your line. Pat yourself on the back.

For SPGs, every tier after 4 is a new milestone.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:48:02 pm by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, I think I might just sell my T9 mediums and buy some fun T6-7-8 tanks again. Because fuck getitng spotted and critted/killed in seconds by enemies you can't see. Especially if you just left your base, shit is too annoying and too expenisve to endure.

Plus, the whole "use my consumable and immediately get killed" thing is annoying as fuck.

I can no longer recall when has a repair/med kit actually benefitted me because now I either use one and get killed immediately or mill around for half a minute doing nothing before getting killed.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I only bother using repair kits if i've been tracked while just popping out of cover due to the knowledge that the other team, if competent will constantly hit me in the tracks and keep me there. A medkit is usually only used on my gunner, because I run derp way to often and a dead gunner means that even if its zoomed all the way in, i'll still have a chance of hitting the tank or the moon
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never had the invisitanks issue everyone talks about... I always hear how the spotting mechanics are one huge POS, but I haven't ever had an issue with them :[

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never had the invisitanks issue everyone talks about... I always hear how the spotting mechanics are one huge POS, but I haven't ever had an issue with them :[

Probably cos you, like me, mostly play German tanks whose view range is the longest in the game. :P

Anyway once you understand the visibility mechanics (line of sight, camo value vs view range, typical camping/spotting spots), it's easier to avoid being hit by invisitanks.

While the visibility mechanics are not perfectly balanced/making sense, there are way to make it work in your favour. I often use my T20/M26 Pershing to simply spot for my teammates and I am sure other US medium tankers have used the same approach.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:14:19 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Oh hey, look what I stumbled upon: http://wotarmory.com/category/wot-armory-concept/

Basically a community site which deals with armor grading, theory crafting and other stuff that can be very useful, it's a good read if you plan on getting into the game to any significant extent (T8+ I guess).

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Last night I was about to post how much I hated that you had to grind through light tanks because scouting was impossible, I was always the first one dead.  I gave up American regular tanks (Still use American TDs and arty though), and switched to German.  Regrinding through light tanks and realizing german heavies started at t7 was hell.

Then I got the Luchs.  I fucking love this tank, I can't wait until I get the credits to buy a leopard.  Scream around at a million miles an hour, indirectly kill half the enemy team by distracting them with your global taunt, ball so hard motherfuckers wanna hetz you.

At first I was mad at the turret traverse but really if you had a fast turret this thing would be op as hell.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i have a fully upgraded Leopard, and it sucks. Top speed its 67 i think, but on normal terrain your engine will only get you to arround 40. Maybe high tier lights arent my thing but im preatty sure Leopard sucks its basically a lame T50, i loved the Pz4 and the vk3601, the tiger h is great or terrible depending on the map and how things play.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I dunno, you're the only person I've seen describe the leopard as something other than one of the best scouts in the game
Shoes...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leo used to be half decent before the T-50 came in. Now the only thing it can do better is bounce other lights' shots. Use it to take out enemy lights, it can do some serious harm to even the t5 lights.

Oh, and the Leo looks pretty sexy. Its just unfortunate that it and the VK2801 aren't very good scouts...

I do regret selling it after like... a dozen games. It wasn't THAT bad. I just don't like scouts that try to be scouts and end up being some weird hybrid thing that does nothing right.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, you're the only person I've seen describe the leopard as something other than one of the best scouts in the game

Goons absolutely hate the leopard. The only ones i've seen who actually enjoy it are the ones who use it to knock around the scouts at the start of each game. Even then, the ELC or the later AMX series of tanks tend to do it a bit better. The ELC not so much, but if you managed to hit a scout with the cannon on that thing, they're usually at least tracked.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 251