Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211244 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It's a tricky beast, plays rather differently than the meds that lead up to it.

Main points are that it's one tough bastard, and while it might not have the speed of it's peers it is very agile, which makes it good for brawling. Another thing to note is that it's got very nice DPM, which when paired with it's fancy gun depression can get some interesting results.

It's best used to take a forward position, one that is harder for other tanks to use, like the hill on Prokhorovka, the hill on Himmelsdorf and the like, and from there just shoot up anything that crosses your sight.

So basically, it's a rather agressive support tank that excels at taking apart anything that is silly enough to not pay it immediate attention.

And you'll get in the groove with it soon enough, those five battles might have been a bad luck streak for all you know :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Pershing actually does have decent armor, but you need the 2nd turret. That turret is a black hole. It'll absorb a Maus shell, for hell's sake. It's the only American medium that has one of these turrets; it's very similar to something you'd find on one of the American heavies or TDs. Much like your T29, the mantlet has atmospheric armor values; something like 150mm of mantlet armor stacked on top of 100mm of turret armor. Very nice. It isn't quite T29 levels, but it's very good regardless.

I'd give it some more time. The tracks and turret make a big difference, and you're probably not accustomed to using all those soft stats yet; it's very different from the T20 or PantherI/II.

While we're giving out tips... how about dem M103 tips? :3
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:06:47 am by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm at a loss with that one, it's a zeppelin sized medium/heavy hybrid that doesn't have the mobility of the medium nor the armor of the heavy parts.

The gun is good and the armor seems purely luck based, even moreso than the USSR tanks. So I tend to play it like the T34. It's not a tank, it's a gun with some tracks slapped on, don't make silly risks, play from a fair distance (luck factor decreases as distance increases) and take potshots at anything because the gun is a proper beast.
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did anyone get the new AMX with the 100% crew? I hated it at first but now i'm really enjoying it. The pen is hilarious and its so fast you can use it to shoot tanks while you're driving by before zooming off behind some tiny dip in the terrain you'd never be able to hide another tank in.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, my Tier 10 BatChat 25t and Tier 9 Lorraine 40t await!

Also, I believe win rate is greatly contributed by individuals (and to a large extent, platooning) but man, last night my mates and I had really bad runs.

Players with 57% 20,000 battles, 55% 4000 battles, and 54% 8000 battles platooned and we had up to SIX consecutive losses. My Type 59 win rate actually went down by 2%.

One platoonmate even rage quit because he lost 1% in win rate, lol. But then again when we had good runs, we never gave them enough credits, our brain design to remember only bad experiences (games).
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I had the opposite last night, had some TC battles with clanmates and some randoms, our teamcomp was usually not optimal (NEED MOAR IS-3'S!!!!!) but we won most of them, and it's really nice for once to not have to worry about tactics, team compostion or anything really, just take your predetermined place, play the best you can and win in the end (we did loose two battles, but those were to far superior forces of IS-3's).

I really like the MM changes, for one, my pretty stock T9 meds are usually on the top now, which means that I actually enjoy them (the Patton slightly more, even though it's stats are somewhat worse :S ). The new T10's are ok I guess, haven't seen all of the yet, well I was in battles with most of them, but either I or they die before we see each other.
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am impressed by BatChat 25t as Tier X medium. It now seems to have the gun depression it didn't have pre-patch 7.5? The turret seems bouncier too.

And yes the MM change for Tier 9 medium tanks are great. My E-50 now has a chance to be at the top. :D

Too bad Assault battle mode still has not been fixed. >.>
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am relatively new to the game but am finally having fun since I bought the SuperPershing. Wow what a blast!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm really looking forward to 8.0. I think it's a change for the better. The recent updates haven't done anything for me, they don't seem like steps in the right direction.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am relatively new to the game but am finally having fun since I bought the SuperPershing. Wow what a blast!

If you're in the US server, add me up (Elsior). :D

Also, Super Pershing is, IMHO, lackluster. It's too slow to be a (flanking medium) and the penetration too low to penetrate heavy tanks reliably from the front, and the rate of fire too low. Type 59 seems to be more well-rounded and according to WarGaming, would be available temporarily in the gift shop in August.

I'm really looking forward to 8.0. I think it's a change for the better. The recent updates haven't done anything for me, they don't seem like steps in the right direction.

Recent updates are all about power creep. The days of armour is gone. Now what matters is firepower and mobility.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:54:06 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Pretty much, now they either need to roll with this and go towards it's logical extreme of including MBT's (which they will be doing apparently, with a proto-MBT on the German side, the Leopard 1, all mobile and gun, no armor). Or they could just take a patch or two to completely rebalance the highest tiers in the game in terms of guns and armor, which would be silly since they allready did that, but that was 7.5 and it made things worse in that regard.

Also, SP is a great tank for one reason, spaced armour, apparently this gives it crazy amounts of survivability because it just eats up a big number of shots without taking damage, quite useful for slugging matches at medium ranges, especially if you know how to use the 90 mm effectively, since the gun is quite good.
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anything before smoothbore technology is fair game for Wargaming to implement, which makes sense. I'm not sure how many MBTs that allows...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The SP does have crazy survivability. I didn't know it was because of the spaced armor but that makes sense. All I know is I take a ton of hits and almost always survive the match, if crippled even.

As for MBT without Smoothbore tech, if my memory serves me, up to the first T-62(used 125mm while T-62A started using Smoothbore) and on the American front up to the M60 Patton. My understanding is that after both of these tanks smoothbore was implemented. Take this with a grain of salt since my military experience was based on being a "leg".
Only a simple mind can be certain.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The SP does have crazy survivability. I didn't know it was because of the spaced armor but that makes sense. All I know is I take a ton of hits and almost always survive the match, if crippled even.

The problem is while frontally it is hard to penetrate, it is too sluggish to avoid being flanked. So I think having a heavy tank with more HP pool, greater armour, and firepower makes a better choice. T34 is actually a really good tank, although US line requires more finesse than any other line. I never played US tanks until patch 7.4 (and I have been playing since Closed Beta) and boy, T29 and T20 are the kings of tier 7.

On a more positive note, I have managed to improve significantly in M26. :D

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finesse in the US heavy line? Isn't it "move to hull down spot, laugh as everything bounces off your hull made of pure bullshittium"? :P
In my news I can't play the game right now because my PC decided to die on me again. Yet another problem with the cooling system. Honestly tempted to just scrap it and get a new one but I know that'll bite me in the ass cost wise.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 251