Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211234 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the batchat, make sure you get and mount the biggest gun on it. If you do they you get the 105mm for free when you go up a tier. If not, unlucky for you.

Edit: Who the hell said the Lee was bad? I had a game today where I got 7 kills. My team still lost because a Lee on their team got 8 kills and a marder got 5 (my team was seriously shit) but the Lee is far from bad.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:47:16 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lee is great. Ignore the naysayers! It might be big and turretless, but it has a cannon much better then even TDs have at tier 4, without the slow speed :)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the batchat, make sure you get and mount the biggest gun on it. If you do they you get the 105mm for free when you go up a tier. If not, unlucky for you.

Edit: Who the hell said the Lee was bad? I had a game today where I got 7 kills. My team still lost because a Lee on their team got 8 kills and a marder got 5 (my team was seriously shit) but the Lee is far from bad.

All covered, my BatChat 25t is only missing the last engine.

And M3 Lee and Hetzer were the most underestimated low tier tanks pre-French introduction. M3 Lee looks so fugly so I refuse to use it but Hetzer is awesome!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got another Kamikazi in my KV-2 because a foch decided because his last shot left me at 20hp and my shot left him at 40, he'd ram me. After all, he's 3 tiers higher, what could happen?

I lost no health. He died. I was tracked when he rammed me. Dying from laughter.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got kamikaze on T-20 when ramming low HP Lorraine. :D I survived, he died.

Also M48A1 has been giving me wet dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHMnJp0jOZE&feature=related

I just unlocked M26 Pershing and with my experience playing T-20, I have a feeling I will love M26, M46, and M48. :D
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've started reviewing replays, but I'm not getting many bites. If anyone has any replays of the current version and don't mind some criticism, feel free to drop on by :)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Ok, another dillemma, the T9's are on sale right now, I have a bit of cash, but not enough.

I can buy the E-50 (well not yet, but I only need a bit more xp to unlock it) or the Patton (which I have unocked). Now I could possibly get the money if I sold something, but I really don't know what to sell besides my KT or my M103 (not selling the JTiger, that thing is too much of an investment) to scrounge up the cash needed.

I will probably end up selling the P2, not liking the idea terribly but I hope one of the T9's will make up for its fun factor.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have E-50 but I bet ya' Patton is more fun. Patton's ability to abuse terrain is decisive in the hands of skilled players. E-50 lacks that flexibility but is good at acting as fast pseudo-heavy when required.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, even after the planned nerf the patton should be able to destroy everyone

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Another think that worries me is how they will handle when they're stock. And going by stats alone the E-50 comes out ahead, it has a better gun, better armor and I'm thinking better handling (because I allready have most of the stuff unlocked, mostly what it shares with other German tanks), while the Patton will simply be a Pershing at a T9 spot, and since I don't have preimum (and nowhere near enough the amount of free xp to upgrade it immediately) it's not exactly going to be easy taking on T9-10 tanks with a 180 pen gun.
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stock E-50 has no mobility. It's a Tier 9 Tiger II with Tiger's top gun (88mm L/71). I guess it could be viable played as a support sniper, but it's hard to carry the team with stock setup.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Got both of the in the end, cost me my P2 and KT but I'll get them eventually (probably).

They're terrible stock, especially the Patton which can't mount anything besides the engine and the radio if you don't get the 22k xp tracks first. This means that you're using a not so mobile T9 medium with poor armor and a 160 pen gun. Quite painful, but it kinda works if you're just being an annoyance and flanking people and stuff.

The E-50 is a bit different, it certainly plays like a KT now, slighty worse I feel but it's bound to improve.

So from those of you who have them, this was my general plan of progression.
E-50:
88/l100 (doesn't need anything and seems like a great sniping gun) -> tracks (doh) -> engine (the idea is that since it doesn't have that much armor anyways it's better to stay mobile and snipe from afar, like with the 75/l100 on the Panther) -> turret (again, doh) -> the 105.
The Patton would be similar:
Tracks (bitches are annoying when they make the tank unable to take vents without tracks-> 105 gun (it could work without it but I'm not that sure I like the idea of an 180 pen gun on a T9 medium) -> engine (mobility is key, and the new turret gives slight armor buffs and viewrange, unless it also gives extra gun depression) -> turret

Any thoughts on this?
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Jopax, what server are you on?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

On the EU servers, might have a smurf on the RU but that was a long time ago and I'm not sure if it still exists.
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am struggling with my newly acquired M26 Pershing. Has everything except tracks and turret. 20% win rate is rather bad (out of five games). It does not have the speed to intercept and quickly flank a distracted enemy like a Lorraine/Panther II and the armour to occasionally bounce shots like Panther II/T-44/Type 59.

Any tips?

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 251