Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211226 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You get the new t5 light. Its really cute. Shamelessly ripped from the clan forums:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How come they are nerfing E-50. AGAIN.

Also Rexy, I have huge expectation on M48 but you're telling us it's not as good as people had thought... Please keep us updated about Tier X medium tanks performance.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're anywhere near the AMX 12t, you might want to get on researching/purchasing it. It's going to be moved up a tier in the next patch and if you own it you get a free tank and a free slot to go along with it.

Whaaaat?

All I heard is that the 12t is getting put up a tier, what tank do we get? I have one, ^.^

Just make sure you actually have the amx 12t in your hangar if you want the free tank/slot. Otherwise you won't get much at all.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it is ok. I think my problem with it can be summed up in what another member posted:

The Patton is about going hull down. The new M48 has less depression and a rear-mounted turret, making hull-down maneuvers ineffective.

Sorry about the misinformation about the M48's view range: it is indeed the same. It is no longer anything special though.

The E-50m feels like a E-50 with more HP and a slightly better cannon. No surprise there.

Not sure about the T-62a though, will keep you updated.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:10:34 pm by Rex_Nex »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

What tanks are splitting? (getting new slots) I can buy an amx12 easilly, but I try to get as many slots as I can when they do this (I got all the russian splits when they last added russian tanks).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well, in this one only the French medium line will be moving, AMX 12t and up will all get bumped up a place. This means that you want to get two tanks that are atleast two tiers apart if you want to get the maximum number of slots. This is ofcourse if I didn't mess the numbers up and they do it the expected way.

If I'm correct it should go like this:

You have an AMX 12t and nothing else, you get a second T5 light while the AMX becomes T6

You have the AMX 12t and the 13 75, you get the second T5 light while both AMX's get bumped up a tier

Same as above if you have all the other tanks.

BUT!!!!

If you have the AMX 12t, and say an AMX 13 90, or a Lorraine 40t or the Bat.Chat. you would get a second T5, the AMX would go up a tier and you would also get a second tank at either T7, T8, or T9.

In the extreme case of you having the AMX12t, the AMX 13 90 and the Bat.Chat. you would get three extra tanks, and with them you would have the complete French medium tree from T5 upwards.

Now, none of this is certain untill the devs confirm it (or someone from the test server who expirienced the switch in these exact circuimstances), but the least you can do and that will be the most certain of getting you atleast one slot is buying the AMX12t again.

Right, scratch that, official info I guess:
Quote from:
Case 1. AMX 12t isn’t in the garage at the time of the update release, but is fully researched:

Both tanks, ELC AMX and AMX 12t, will be researched
    All undistributed experience goes from AMX 12t will be moved to the ELC AMX
    Any crew member in the barracks or in a tank, who possesses the tier 5 AMX 12t skills, get the ability to be used in the tier 6 AMX 12t without any changes or losses
    Tier 5 AMX 12t combat statistics will be moved to the tier 5 AMX 12t without any losses
    All AMX 12t modules in the depot that don’t fit other tanks will be automatically sold at the original purchase price
    All AMX 12t modules fitting other tanks will be saved in the depot, the same goes for shells of the respective guns

Case 2. AMX 12t is in the garage at the time of the update release. All the rules as mentioned in Case 1 apply along with the following:

AMX 12t as tier 5 light tank is substituted with AMX 12t as tier 6 light tank
    Ammunition mounted onto the AMX 12t goes to the depot
    Consumables and Equipment mounted onto the tier 5 AMX 12t remain on AMX 12t at tier 6.
    Players get the light french Tier 5 tank ELC AMX (without equipment, consumables, ammunition) and one slot for this tank for free
    Players get a new full crew for the ELC AMX with 100% training
    Camouflage mounted onto the Tier 5 AMX 12t is moved to tier 6 AMX 12t and to ELC AMX as well
    The expiration date of the camo on both vehicles stays the same as it was for the AMX 12t at the moment when the substitution takes place.

So the only reason to get any of the higher tanks (13 75 and 13 90) is because they are going on sale this weekend, and if you wait for the patch and then sell them you would make some cash, other than that no change worth mentioning.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:51:31 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I only have the 13 90 and Lorraine, but thats a free T8 and T9! Yay.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think i will do tanks this weekend instead of diablo 3, try to grind up 2 tiers from my 13-90

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on. Fully researched? Does that mean to the arty as well? Because if so that is bullshit
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm doing the standard grind method, lowe, specific tank, any tank I need doubles on, repeat. that way I get gold, xp and break up the monotony.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So yeah, the KV-3 is amazing.

Proof of AMX40 awesomeness below

You know that stupid mouse trap tactic on the wiki? My team used it to trap a maus. We actually won the match after.

my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the KV-3 is amazing when there's only one tier 7 and one tier 6 :P

Anywho what've y'all been up to in this tankin' world?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plenty of those tanks could have killed me :P I've just been grinding up the french and russian trees, nearly got my kv-2 guys their second skill. Gonna retrain the first skill to BIA for an extra 5% because with that and vents i'll be firing a lot faster than most people would expect.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pff, the only other threats were StuGs and arty :P

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got BatChat 25t (minus engine) last week, so taking a break. So many new games from Steam summer sale to play. :P

Next project is M26 Pershing and M46 Patton. Also will work on T25/2 (sigh) to get T30, but this will take a while...
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 251