Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics working on all creatures but two.  (Read 598 times)

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
Graphics working on all creatures but two.
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:38:19 pm »

Ok. I made a pair of creatures and a civ to go with one a ways back, and just got them rebuilt to current version. I had the sprite sheet and graphics_example from an earlier version, checking that there weren't any new formatting traps I'd missed and tweaking them, so I put them into my .17 graphics folder and to my wondering eyes, found that all the sprites showed up but my personal modded ones. I get the raw assigned "f" instead.

Dwarves and the like all show up, and I'm basing my new entries on the dwarves. I even took the sprites and reference tags and gave them their own bmp and txt respectfully. There are no differences that I can see with the dwarves and my mod other then some missing jobs and the like, but the defaults are set at the minimum, they should be showing up.

What cracks me up is the first time attempting fixes, I found both the file name and [OBJECT:GRAPHICS] missing from the top of the txt, AND the bmp was saved as a 256 color, not a 24 bit. Still no dice after fixing that garbage.

EDIT: Well, durp. Turns out I was assigning non existent tiles. the row tiles go from 0 to 4 and I was assigning row 5.  All fixed!  ::)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:59:03 pm by Naes Draw »
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]