Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: who's excited about the next release ( 31.18 )  (Read 3115 times)

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
Re: who's excited about the next release ( 31.18 )
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 09:59:44 am »

I don't mind that much, I've just been BITING PEOPLE'S THROATS OUT in adventure mode so the weapon traps don't bother me much.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:06 am »

I think .18 should really be a hotfix or something, this weapon trap crash is really major.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 11:05:17 am »

Check the devlog! He fixed it this morning! Just wait until 31.18 comes out, hopefully in a few days.

I was gonna start getting deep into fort mode, but I guess I'll wait until this bugfix gets released.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 11:10:44 am »

I think Toady should fix only gamebreaking bugs. I understand lots of people can't figure the military and rely on weapon traps, so I'm glad it is fixed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 11:19:44 am »

And sometimes you just want a danger room for training or to capture a pet, so it has nothing to do with "can't figure the military".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 11:22:11 am »

Check the devlog! He fixed it this morning! Just wait until 31.18 comes out, hopefully in a few days.

I was gonna start getting deep into fort mode, but I guess I'll wait until this bugfix gets released.

Yeah I read it, I'm just hoping he releases it today or tomorrow because it's a major bug that really needs a hotfix asap. There have been many major bugs in the past, all of them got a hotfix, hopefully this does too.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 12:21:33 pm »

And sometimes you just want a danger room for training or to capture a pet, so it has nothing to do with "can't figure the military".

Are you sure "capture" is the word you wanted to use?
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:44 pm »

You shut up. Giants make great pets.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 01:19:11 pm »

You shut up. Giants make great pets.

You capture giants using danger rooms?
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 01:23:23 pm »

I make them STRONG using danger rooms. Sometimes I use a weapon trap with an addy war hammer though.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 01:27:27 pm »

Quote from: Orkel
it's a major bug that really needs a hotfix asap. There have been many major bugs in the past, all of them got a hotfix, hopefully this does too.
Not really, while Dwarves going to bed and never waking up got a fix after Toady got some sleep and crashes get fixed quickly (I'm looking back at infinite worldgen crashes), we endured bugs such as dwarves melting in hot rain for several releases, leading to hilarious community workarounds like melting off ALL your fat slowly in adventure mode in order to be melt/burnproof.

Crashes tend to get the most attention though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 12:26:23 pm »

I'm excited about new permanent fortresses. In particular, I am excited with permanent fortresses with self-destruct mechanisms, so that I can go "Ooh, what does this button do?" in them

I wonder, though, what will happen with the less economically-functional fortresses? the ones that run almost exclusively in unfortunate trading accidents with elves, and the like? How will their production be determined?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:27:59 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 08:57:46 pm »

So... *Coughs*

Who's excited for .19?
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 11:10:08 pm »

*raises hand*
くコ:彡

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 02:36:45 pm »

So... *Coughs*

Who's excited for .19?

Not really, it'll be buggy as hell. I am, though, excited for .20!
Pages: 1 [2]