Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creative Project: Mao Sue Picture Comments: Help and/or Advice?  (Read 692 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creative Project: Mao Sue Picture Comments: Help and/or Advice?
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »

So I am starting a project, since it will take me well over a month to get any skill with the tablet, NOOOOOOO!!!, I am starting one based on Cooking Master Boy. Since an Abridged series isn't in the cards, as I lack everything required to make it, I however think that using a lot of pictures with comments and possibly character speach could work. Though I still would love to make an abridged series since the show pretty much writes itself.

If it is a bad idea altogether I'll accept that as an answer too since honestly Comedy isn't entirely my strong point and frankly I am half-convinced it is a bad idea.

I particularly love that show for its horrid Mary Sueness (honestly Mao is the biggest Mary Sue of a non-violent show) and insane, but understated, non-sense plot... Or rather that it has a non-sense plot but not intentionally or as a product of the show being totally weird. Basically there is a Dark society of chefs attempting to take over the world through... GOOD COOKING!!! as Mao the Mary Sue single handedly destroys the next challenger one after the other, no matter what is set against him. The show is generally also somewhat sexist, full of annoying characters, and OVER THE TOP COOKING ACTION!

Does anyone want to give me a hand or give me advice on comedy or format or warnings?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:17:33 pm by Neonivek »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Project: Mao Sue Picture Comments: Help and/or Advice?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:14:47 am »

Alright, I'll toss some stuff out here.

Even if this ends up being aborted before it becomes anything, it still probably belongs in creative projects.

If you want to practice using your tablet, might a suggest a project that involves tablet use? If it sucks, it sucks, no one cares, and at least you'll have a concrete excuse to practice.

It's hard to give constructive advice when there's nothing to go on. You sort of need to know what the authors shortcomings are first by, you know, seeing their work. You don't even seem set on a format yet. Are you thinking just screencaps with text underneath, ALA Piecewise's bad movie reviews?

Sorry I can't offer any really assistance, I have got like all my irons in the fire right now. All of them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Project: Mao Sue Picture Comments: Help and/or Advice?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:28:21 am »

No frankly I completely agree with not giving much info, it tempted me to close down this topic but I wanted to see at least what reaction I would get. If I actually go through with it I am going to put it in creative projects.

As for the "If it sucks it sucks" I was a bit more worried about it being so horrible that people will basically flame and troll me.

Also almost exactly like Piecewise (In fact I wanted to do a co-authorship with him in his own project for one movie when he agreed... but I couldn't really find a Wishmasters number unknown copy for him... which is too bad since the uttar stupidity the villain demonstrates throughout is rather evident)