Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: I think i just got....Raped!  (Read 7101 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: I think i just got....Raped!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:05 am »

Noble immortal people? I think not.
Actually, I think she enjoyed it. Filthy elf. :P
:D
Heh, but 'noble immortal people and pixies' is EXACTLY what I mean by annoying idiots... "Ohh noes! Let's defend the forest of grace, purity and golden tresses!!" I much prefer goblins, or orcs or whatever. "Waagh! Der'z da longearses, let's kills dem, yarhahargh!" :P

Also, @ Karoline: That could explain a lot. :) Except then it would have had tentacles, not horns... :o

"You keep saying that word... I do not think it means what you think it means..."
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 10:53:30 am »

Well...i was sleepin in a random house, but when i woke up...i was outside it!
Last time something like this happened to me, my kidney went missing. Damn thieves.

DF or IRL?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:28 pm »

The lady of a castle gave me a quest to kill a troll, and she made it clear that I was most likely not coming back. I asked for permisson to sleep, and when i woke up, she was on the same tile as me.

Perhaps she thought he was a virgin?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 12:51:28 pm »

The lady of a castle gave me a quest to kill a troll, and she made it clear that I was most likely not coming back. I asked for permisson to sleep, and when i woke up, she was on the same tile as me.

Perhaps she thought he was a virgin?
or that there a unicorn there and your Virginity will lure it's insane mass slaughtering self to the fort.
but like I keep saying there no way you could lose your 'virginity' in DF unless the character some how is a father of a child.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 12:52:40 pm »

The lady of castle just told me to go kill a dragon, i never encountered a dragon before in dwarf fortress I hope i can make it ;/

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 01:43:33 pm »

fire is DANGEROUS!!! I have not fought a dragon but I fought a forest titan (a large Warthog that could breath fire and had giant mandibles) and ONE blast of fire killed half of my army (of peasents!)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 01:48:27 pm »

Every time you talk to someone they ask "How can I be of service?" which I guess explains everything.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 02:03:59 pm »

fire is DANGEROUS!!! I have not fought a dragon but I fought a forest titan (a large Warthog that could breath fire and had giant mandibles) and ONE blast of fire killed half of my army (of peasents!)
If you get a good blocking skill, you can easily block the dragonfire with your shields.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 02:08:10 pm »

Hello i'm making a human peasant char with as much shield skill as i can and just one ppint in sword for starting out with a sword, this way i can train blocking a lot

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2010, 02:10:05 pm »

Why is it that everyone hates elves? I know it's a long running theme in the forums, but I never quite understood it. I never had any issues with the elves other than elf adventurers starting with wooden gear. lol.

I've since started playing DF with invasions off in fortress mode (still don't have the grasp of the military. ) Anyways in DF The elves eat other sentients...  but considering most of the Player Cruelty Potential (Achieved?) that's not the big thing.    The big things is the Elves would come in and take out fortresses that used to many trees,  the tree quota thing often lead to cutting down lots of trees just to piss the Elves off.   And I think in an earlier version  Trees were the only way to get fuel to smith .. (not sure if coke has been in since the beginning) Unless you set up magma forges.

So really it's because  from the standard Fortress mode perspective the Elves are a PITA that are best treated with a heavy helpings of Magma and death.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2010, 03:14:24 pm »

I don't have a shield. I spent it all in dodging.

Can i dodge dragon fire?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2010, 03:21:03 pm »

I don't have a shield. I spent it all in dodging.

Can i dodge dragon fire?

I don't think so.
But try anyway.
What bad could happen?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 05:22:21 pm »

What bad could happen?

You do realize Murphy's law receives a 500% bonus to attack while it's target is playing DF, right?

And I think I have dodged dragon fire, but the fact that it's cone-shaped and engulfs everything nearby makes it kind of impractical. You're best bet is to use a shield.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »

Regarding the feature of throwing-out:
Yes, indeed, you get thrown outside if you sleep in a house/keep without permission. Sometimes even if you sleep with permission. Practical joke, most probably, or just the house/keep owner being an asshole. Also, 'Stunned' probably simulates waking up and being unconscious is DF's way of saying 'asleep'. Can't explain the missing kidney though, maybe bogeymen came by while you slept.

Regarding the dragonfire:
If you can, fight it on the (dry) grass. Block the dragonfire and let it ignite the grass under the dragon. It will burn up in its own flames. If you can't, well, a shield is a must, or ten shields if you can get them.

Regarding the elves:
Some people come to DF with the assumption that the local elves are the tolkienesque mystical beautiful kind noble people, just like in the vast majority of works. Some people come to DF after feeding on things like Boatmurdered and various player tales, hating elves for the sometimes-'imposed' 100 trees limit and a phobia of all things wooden and made from animals, or for being portrayed as 'the better people' in other works.
But DF elves are a peculiar case. They're way different from the usual picture and the dwarf side has a point here - they're cannibalistic, militaristic, sometimes quick to anger and send ambushes and sieges that are only of low danger because they use wooden equipment; they've been known to dominate entire worlds in a couple of centuries if their wooden equipment restriction was modded out. However, they can be genuinely helpful at times - their caravan is yet another potentially-life saving chance bringing what your fort lacks or needs the most like the other caravans, and they now bring both cloth and animals regardless of how much they like you, and they bring a lot of wood, which kinda suggests hypocrisy on their part regarding their ultra-greenness, but can potentially keep a fort afloat in the bed and coal department and provide the much-needed resources in treeless areas. All in all they're pretty grey, just like every DF race.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 08:32:36 pm »

I just got "thrown out" of the underground caverns for sleeping in there... that's clearly not a feature. I jumped off a ridge in the underground and received many injuries for it, I crawled into a corner and slept for 8 hours, I woke up on the surface in the same area (I can't know precisely, but it's the same block on the quest map) with only a slight twinge in the shoulder (yellow colour on stats screen.)

When I try to sleep in houses one of the people in it wakes up (nearest person? not always the ranking character) and asks me what I'm doing, then I can talk as though its a normal conversation and ask for permission.

This "thrown out" is clearly a result of the abstraction that was introduced with sleeping in this version, we used to have to sit and watch as 10000 steps went past, or whatever, now the world stops and gets reloaded at what should be a certain time later.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:34:17 pm by TKTom »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4