Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87819 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 4: There's some IronyOwl on your shoe]
« Reply #345 on: December 07, 2010, 08:13:01 pm »

Correct me if im wrong (in which case the above paragraph doesn't matter), but you can't actually vote for a no lynch right (by which i mean if 3 people vote no lynch and one votes me, then would i not get lynched)?
You can Vote No Lynch, just like voting a player.  For example, if there are two players voting No Lynch and one voting for a player, No Lynch will occur.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 07, 2010, 08:35:34 pm »

Well then, that makes thing much easier no lynch for me.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2010, 12:16:05 am »

Ok, I finally got around to rereading the thread.  It was less helpful than I had wished.  Lemon10 is acting like a new player, but he hasn't done anything particularly scummy from that perspective.  I'm beginning to see how Toaster does his thing, and he seems town to me.  His style has been consistent with what I've seen from him before.  Jokerman hasn't reallly done anything scummy either.

First course of action: no lynch, since it's MYLO.  Secondly, why hasn't the green sorc claimed?  It would be helpful to be able to cross one person off our considerations for scum.  Unless you have a good reason to not claim, please do it.  Heck, I can't see a good reason not to, we've seen two of his powers already.  Neither of them really benefit from his not being known.

Lemon10, why haven't you claimed your role?  I'm quite sure it's you.  Toaster and Jokerman would have claimed by now, and you just revealed yourself anyways.  See here:
I think that the "avatar of life" thing has a pretty good chance of meaning that the person can't be killed while it's on. So if we all vote for kamina, then no one will die today (or mabey kamina WILL die, but i hope not).
This is exactly what the role PM implies it does.  It also doubles your vote as we've seen from Ironyowl on Day 3.  I think, therefore, that you're not scum.  If anyone else is the green sorc, claim it now.  Also tell me if you're not, lemon10.

So that leaves Toaster and Jokerman.
I think I'm going to have to go with Jokerman as my choice, just because the play I've seen from Toaster has given a town vibe so far.
One issue I've had with him so is (IIRC, please correct me if I'm wrong) is that he hasn't really done that much scumhunting/hasn't really said anything really controversial.  That could be him trying to fly under the radar.

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and being an idiot.  I stayed up until 11:15 to reread the thread and make this post.  I hope it hasn't suffered for it.
I need sleeeeep.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2010, 12:33:39 am »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day Ends: 9 Dec 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.

No Lynch (4) - KAMINASQUIRTLE, AVATAR OF LIFE, lemon10, Toaster
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
lemon10 (0) -
Toaster (0) -

Not Voting: Jokerman-EXE

Let me know if I missed anything.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2010, 01:50:46 am »

Sigh, you got me.
The reason i wasn't claiming is because if i didn't claim, i had 1/3 chance of being night killed (probably less because im not very threatening).
With me claiming, i have a 100% of dying tonight. if we didn't do no lynch, and i wasn't night killed or lynched, then i would have powered myself for a extra vote, which would have let me vote the scum out even if it was 1v1.
Jokerman, because i find you scummy.
The no lynch will have little point now, since it wont eliminate anyone (since i think i have a pretty big change of being night killed, and i'm out of the running for scum now)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 08, 2010, 03:24:27 am »

I'm glad you claimed, lemon. That essentially confirms you as town, because false claiming at this point would be pretty much impossible. I don't like how you've played, but I can't argue with that.

Which means that my suspicions are now cast on Toaster and Kamina. Out of the two, I would be more willing to say that Toaster is town. You may shout, "OMGUS!" on my actions, but if you think about it, KaminaSquirtle is the scum. He posted one thing since the day started, which isn't exactly a big deal because it's only been a short while. However, his only post is to parrot what everyone else says and join in on throwing blame at me...though he votes for a no-lynch? He's trying to piggyback because he knows it's MyLo; if we miss scum today, we lose.

Unless someone else has evidence to the contrary, I don't see my vote changing much. Think about what I said.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:26 am »

Thanks, Lemon.  Remember, if the town wins, every townie dead or alive wins.

I'm going to echo Kamina here, because he's bottom of my suspect list- I think that says Lemon is town and marks Jokerman as scum.

Lemon- do you have any sort of investigative power, or is it all protective/voting?  Even if you die tonight, you'll get your action off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day Ends: 9 Dec 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.

No Lynch (3) - KAMINASQUIRTLE, AVATAR OF LIFE, Toaster
Jokerman-EXE (1) - lemon10
KaminaSquirtle (0) - Jokerman-EXE
lemon10 (0) -
Toaster (0) -

Not Voting:

Let me know if I missed anything.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 08, 2010, 04:18:05 pm »

I have three powers,
avatar of life-3 votes (keeps someone alive, double votes)
one that lets me give bunches of people double votes (2 votes), and one that lets me give one person a double vote (1 vote).
If i get the double vote to a town on the last day (who doesn't get night killed), and he survives to be solo against the scum, then he would win.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 08, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »

You should check with Janus on that one.  Even with a double vote on the townie, 1v1 may get endgamed to insta-lose.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »

- The Sorcerers win if there are no more Dark Sorcerers alive
- The Dark Sorcerers win if the remaining Sorcerers can no longer win

In other words, I'll stop the game only when the outcome is 100% guaranteed either way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »

Ah, cool.

Can you use it on yourself?  If we went ahead with a lynch today, you'd have to correctly guess the person not catching a NK.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2010, 09:12:50 pm »

Hah, so that's how the avavtar of life thing protects me.  I wondered how it worked.

Which means that my suspicions are now cast on Toaster and Kamina. Out of the two, I would be more willing to say that Toaster is town. You may shout, "OMGUS!" on my actions, but if you think about it, KaminaSquirtle is the scum. He posted one thing since the day started, which isn't exactly a big deal because it's only been a short while. However, his only post is to parrot what everyone else says and join in on throwing blame at me...though he votes for a no-lynch? He's trying to piggyback because he knows it's MyLo; if we miss scum today, we lose.
I parroted what everyone else said?  Really?
I don't see parroting.  Please point out where I was parroting.  Maybe it was where I suspected you?
Yeah, I think I will can OMGUS.  More like a personal chainsaw though, if there's a name for that.  You're trying to discredit me because I suspect you, and you don't feel you can pull it off with Toaster?
Maybe not.  Maybe you just don't like everyone suspecting you?
Also, what do you mean by the MYLO thing?  It's been pointed out why it's advantageous to no lynch in MYLO.  I suppose that doesn't matter with Lemon's claim now, so if you want to end this today, by all means let's.
But we can't.  Not your way.  If you really thought I was scum and wanted me lynched, instead of just someone other than you lynched, you would wait until tomorrow.
Why?
Because there is no possible way to lynch me today.  I'm immune.  Look at your vote, it counts for nothing.
If you want to end this today, then that's fine by me.  You can't lynch me today anyway.  Seriously, why are you even tying today?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2010, 12:25:19 am »

Toaster, yes i can use it on myself, and yeah if we lynched, i would have to who wasn't the scum and who wasn't nked, the odds of that would (assuming its perfectly random) be 1/6 chance of getting it right and the person not getting nked, and 1/3 chance of lynching the person today.
Whereas with no lynch, we got a 1/3 chance of killing him tomorrow (assuming he lynches me tonight because im confirmed town), again assuming its random.

I think the best option given this would be to lynch someone today and if he's town, hope that i pick the right person tomorrow. If someone disagrees with this then tell me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2010, 09:40:00 am »

Hmm... I guess I can see some logic in that.

Ok everyone, three question poll:

1.  Should we lynch now?
2.  If so, who should we lynch?
3.  Assuming your answer from 2 doesn't get NKed, are you likely to lynch a different person for any reason if we no lynch today?

1. I could go either way, but if the results indicate little change in a lynch today vs tomorrow, we might as well go for it.
2. Jokerman
3. Probably not
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26